May 2017: Hits & Misses

Destiny9109

Salerm 21- it's ok, made my hair dull. Ag fast food is better
Continued hit- Dudley's DRC 28, I use it without a plastic cap under the dryer. Not a hair to be found on the sink, my shirt, in the comb. Love it.

Miss- Reminds me of why I stopped using drugstore conditioners, no real moisture just wax, silicones, and fragrance.

GGsKin

@AbsyBlvd I wanted the UCS to work so badly! First time I used it I was in love. Then each use after that it became meh, and I clarify once a week so I knew that wasn't an issue.

Good to see you back @NaturallyATLPCH It's a shame it didn't work for you. After going through two jars, I can say my hair loves this stuff. I have been shampooing more lately because of the NW21.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
HIT:
JOICO K PAK Intense Hydrator - moisturizing and strengthening.
Cantu ACV Root Rinse - great for scalp detoxing between locs.

EH:
Cantu Coconut Curling Cream - Moisturizing, but did not provide definition.

MISS:
Queen Helene Super Cholesterol- dried out hair and difficult to wash out.

Damaris.Elle

Continued hits:
-Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Style Setter
-Colorful Neutral Protein Filler

Hit:
Oyin Handmade Sugar Berries Pomade. It smells better than the the burnt sugar pomade.

Meh:
Oyin Handmade Shine and Define. It's not a bad product, I'm just not blown away by it. It's very light, it's good for refreshing my curls and it smells good but I prefer heavier creams like the CRN Coconut Water Style Setter for defining my braidouts.

KinkyRN

Miss: Spending all that time stretching my hair and twisting to put it in a puff. I think my hair is just too fine for twist outs. :cry3:Guess I will stick to my tried and true wash n gos.
Hit: CR Curl love, twisting butter and the curl maker. Very moisturizing, smells nice. Will try this trio on my next wash and go.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Hit: CRN Moroccan Pear conditioner, I love the moisture that I get from this conditioner. The bottle makes it hard to get the product out, but I can forgive that. Another hit was getting an inch trimmed from my hair, I'm loving how nice my hair looks and it actually looks longer than before, go figure.

Miss: CRN Nibs & Honey Ultimate Growth Serum, I'm not sure what ingredient my scalp hated but it made my scalp dry & itchy and it caused flaking. Another miss was the CRN Growth & Shine Balm, I think the castor oil in it was too heavy for my hair. I see that I have to stick with light oils like apricot oil.

Aggie

MISS turned HIT:

Pureology Hydrating Shampoo. I don't know why but this shampoo is not acting on my hair the way it did when I first started using it. I think it may be because of several changes I added to my regimen like detoxing my hair with my dead sea mud wash and my egg/evoo/acv/honey prepoo.

It's not feeling stripped and dried out anymore. In fact, on the contrary, it is actually feeling quite hydrated. I tried it twice just in case it was a fluke. Well I'm happy to report that I think I will repurchase this one, plus it smells so good :lick:. Who woulda thunk it:spinning:?

Daina

Burgeoning Hit: Curly Proverbz growth oil mix!!!! Verdict still out on the growth piece since I've only been using it a few weeks but it has definitely made my hair thicker and softer when I use it every other day. Also tamed my scalp which can get funny in the summer. I've gone 2 weeks without cleansing. If I see enhanced growth by JulyAugust then it will be a Bonafide Hit!

tapioca_pudding

Hit: Curlific Texture Treatment by Aphogee. I'm assuming it's the primarily gentle proteins inside, but this ish has my hair looking and feeling better than it has all 2017. :lol: Hoping I continue to get consistent results, because this will def be a staple.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/curlific...st=Search_Results#q=texture+treatment&start=1

Hit: Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Styler. I am in love with this thang. Someone somewhere on this board posted a YT vid of a lady with lovely hair using this tool to blow dry. I hate traditional blowdryers, but I also hate air drying and sitting under the dryer. Yeah, Im needy. :lachen: Anywho, this has been exactly what I am looking for. It dries my hair fast with zero breakage or snagging. I don't feel that it's excessive manipulation and relate it to the tension method. (I also don't blow dry soaking wet hair.) Super pleased with this purchase.
http://www.ulta.com/one-step-hair-dryer-styler?productId=xlsImpprod13261053

Aggie

MISS:

I'm gonna be honest, so far I do NOT like the feeling of the Redken Extreme Strength Builder (the Builder Plus in the jar was way better) nor the Redken Smooth Lock Butter Silk on my hair. I did however like the Redken All Soft Conditioning Balm. That one is very nice. I won't be repurchasing the first two products for sure.

nymane

MEGA HIT
Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream - this leave-in conditioner is everything! Nice slip when applied to damp/wet hair, and after my hair dries it's super soft, silky, and shiny.

I wouldn't consider this to be a "styling cream" because it doesn't offer any hold, but it's a uber moisturizing leave-in conditioner. It's pricey but a little goes a veryyyyy long way.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hit: Curlific Texture Treatment by Aphogee. I'm assuming it's the primarily gentle proteins inside, but this ish has my hair looking and feeling better than it has all 2017. :lol: Hoping I continue to get consistent results, because this will def be a staple.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/curlific...st=Search_Results#q=texture+treatment&start=1

Hit: Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Styler. I am in love with this thang. Someone somewhere on this board posted a YT vid of a lady with lovely hair using this tool to blow dry. I hate traditional blowdryers, but I also hate air drying and sitting under the dryer. Yeah, Im needy. :lachen: Anywho, this has been exactly what I am looking for. It dries my hair fast with zero breakage or snagging. I don't feel that it's excessive manipulation and relate it to the tension method. (I also don't blow dry soaking wet hair.) Super pleased with this purchase.

Thanks for sharing, @tapioca_pudding. Not too long ago I purchased the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Styler, but then I returned it without opening it based on reviews that the bristles don't hold up.

Will you let us know how the bristles hold up after 3 months and 6 months? Also, do you feel you could use this to do an elongated wash-and-go, or is it really best as part of a hair straightening process? Thanks in advance!

Aggie

MEGA HIT
Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream - this leave-in conditioner is everything! Nice slip when applied to damp/wet hair, and after my hair dries it's super soft, silky, and shiny.

I wouldn't consider this to be a "styling cream" because it doesn't offer any hold, but it's a uber moisturizing leave-in conditioner. It's pricey but a little goes a veryyyyy long way.
:catfight:

Why or why @nymane did you post this. I used to use this line but never got this cream, now you made me curious. CRAP!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

I have the dryer and I love it too. It's so easy.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
MISS:

I'm gonna be honest, so far I do NOT like the feeling of the Redken Extreme Strength Builder (the Builder Plus in the jar was way better) nor the Redken Smooth Lock Butter Silk on my hair. I did however like the Redken All Soft Conditioning Balm. That one is very nice. I won't be repurchasing the first two products for sure.

I never liked their conditions. They always seemed heavy and underwhelming.

tapioca_pudding

Thanks for sharing, @tapioca_pudding. Not too long ago I purchased the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Styler, but then I returned it without opening it based on reviews that the bristles don't hold up.

Will you let us know how the bristles hold up after 3 months and 6 months? Also, do you feel you could use this to do an elongated wash-and-go, or is it really best as part of a hair straightening process? Thanks in advance!
Sure I'll check back in. :yep: If I forget, just @ me lol. I don't blow dry every single week, maybe every other week. But I havent noticed any change in the bristles so far. I think Ive used it a total of 5 or 6 times so far. re: elongated wash and go, my initial response is no. It seems like the bristles would disturb your curls and possibly cause frizz. BUT I could be totally wrong lol.