May 2021: Hits & Misses

naturalyogini

Mega Miss
Neges Banda Ayurvedic Hair gloss.
Made my hair a knotty tangled mess. I had to re-wash it and go old school MJ Rapid Recovery. The knots were at the ends of the strands of hair and I had to cut them out. I even prepooed before using it. In the garbage it went. I have a 50% discount for the Chebe prepoo fiasco, but naw, I'm out. I'll stick with what I know.

Aggie

HIT:
Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo - cleanses really well but still my hair is not stripped,
Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution was a perfect slippy detangler to use right after the shampoo,
Matrix Biolage Leave-in left my hair pretty soft to the touch, even after drying.
Matrix Biolage Strengthening Conditioner is pretty good too - I used this one as a rinse out cowash conditioner. It smells divine and leave my hair slippy as well.

So far, I have not experienced any MISSES this week.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
For the last 1.5 or 2 years.... I’ve hoarded my precious Shea Moisture High Porosity Mask because there was nothing like it....

...Well I’m proud to say I can finally move on to bigger and better.

HIT HIT HIT

MICHE BEAUTY INDULGE Deep Conditioner

(this conditioner left my hair incredibly moisturized, hydrated, supple, juice, soft, silky, and just ahhhhh!!!)

CHAGRIN VALLEY Henna Shampoo Bar

Continued Hit
Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner
•Influance Honey Almond Styling Foam

Last edited:

HealthyHair2020

For the last 1.5 or 2 years.... I’ve hoarded my precious Shea Moisture High Porosity Mask because there was nothing like....

...Well I’m proud to say I can finally move on to bigger and better.

HIT HIT HIT

MICHE BEAUTY INDULGE Deep Conditioner

(this conditioner left my hair incredibly moisturized, hydrated, supple, juice, soft, silky, and just ahhhhh!!!)

CHAGRIN VALLEY Henna Shampoo Bar

Continued Hit
Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner
•Influance Honey Almond Styling Foam
You're making me excited me to try my INDULGE DC after my SSI finishes!

Aggie

HIT:

Naturelle Grow Protein-Free Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm DC - I don't quite remember if I used the protein-free version of this DC before but I have to say, it was extremely moisturizing going on and literally melted away the knots and made detangling a breeze :lick:. I will most likely repurchase this one.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Continued Hit

Tangles and Beyond Sweet pea shampoo. Moisturizing. Cleansing and my scalp/hair was clean.

New Hits
Product Junkie Naturals Fenugreek and Hibisicus Leave in and Deep conditioner. Super moisturizing. Creamy and great slip.

Miss
Detangling my curls. Especially in the back. That webbing is the worst. If I didn’t love my texture , I’d relax simply to avoid having to deal with it.

Aggie

Miss
Detangling my curls. That webbing is the worst. If I didn’t love my texture , I’d relax simply to avoid having to deal with it.
I totally understand this @Bette Davis Eyes. The curls at the back of my head are actually quite loose but it is the middle where most of my challenge is. I hate detangling it so much. This would definitely be a MISS for me.

naturalyogini

Hit
Entwine deep conditioner. I have never seen a conditioner this thick. I kept checking the jar to make sure I wasn't using the hair butter by mistake. Minimal slip. My hair was soft upon rinsing. I am slightly allergic to the fragrance.

Miss
Entwine leave in and butter. Both made my hair feel like sandpaper. Plus the pump broke on the leave in.

Aggie

WHOA MAMA - IT'S A HIT:

My Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate line of products - yes a BIG HIT it was.

It is so good, :drool: it will be replacing my Olaplex. Huh! :takecover: Did I say that out loud? :shocked: Yes I certainly did.

I will be back to describe it in more detail a little later today.

Aggie

Okay back to my Redken Acidic Bonding Concentration Line of Products - Bare in mind, I bought and used the entire line including the professional products.

Step 1

The first item used was the Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo
- I applied a tiny bit to one section of my head at a time and thank God I did because it was very rich and lathery - so a little goes a long way. It has a very pleasant and mild citrus scent - definitely not overpowering. I was half expecting it to strip my hair because of the citrus, but it did quite the opposite. My hair was clean enough that I did not have to shampoo twice, whew, thank God. As I worked it through, I'm thinking I know upon washing it out, maybe then it would strip my hair - Nope, again quite the opposite. It was definitely clean but it still felt pretty soft to the touch. I'm like, okay lady, you just might work for me - I beg you, please don't make me commit long-term adultery on my hubby, Olaplex.

Step 2 - A complete system comprising of 3 professional products that treat protein and/or moisture levels of hair

The Acidic Protein Amino Concentrate
Combined with the Acidic Moisture Concentrate (I combined these two because my hair needed both protein and moisture but they each can be used as stand alones) . I left this combination on for 5 minutes per the instructions. After the 5 minutes were up while it was still in my hair, I sprayed the Acidic pH Sealer right on top, worked it through, making sure to smooth it into every strand. The pH Sealer made my hair lather but just a tiny bit. I then proceeded to detangle my hair with this stuff still in there. Okay I know this thing would not let me detangle my hair - or so I thought. I was wrong again. Let me tell you ladies - that comb glided effortlessly through my hair, even my roots at the center of my head where I have the most stubborn hard-to-detangle hair - okay? The last detangling I did was a week ago, by the way. After detangling, I rinsed it out. The biggest surprise to me was the LACK of broken hairs in the shower. There was a couple but nothing to be alarmed about - by the way I color-treat my hair so I need all the help I can get to prevent breakage. I was like - what :shocked:?? So yeah, my hair is still soft at this point.

Step 3

The Acidic Bonding Concentrate Conditioner
- As with all balancing conditioners - they do their job. This one was no different. It kept my hair soft but it's job is to add strength and repair to damaged hair - it did not offer the slip of APB, SSI or Naturelle Grow Deep Conditioners but hey if you need extra moisturizng conditioning - it is recommended that you do so anyway. This has a mild, sweet borderline citrus scent that's pleasant to the senses. It did it's job and I could not ask for more than that.

Step 4

The Acidic Perfecting Concentrate Leave-in Treatment
- This is an intense conditioner - you only need a little bit, especially if you have fine hair that is heat-styled. It actually offers heat protection of up to 450 degrees (Of course, I personally will never use that amount of heat on my hair - heat can still alter the curl pattern of our hair and that is a no-no for me at this time. Anyway, again, it did not offer the slip of my favorite hand-made hair products but it did it's job. My hair felt light and fluffy, soft and luscious. What more should I expect?

Okay with all that said, I am officially cheating on my beloved Olaplex - just throwing it out there just in case I get caught and someone talk all my business :giggle:.

Just an FYI - Steps 1, 3, and 4 can be used as an at-home treatment and comes in a set.

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
New Hit

Sarenzo Beauty Fenugreek & Rice Water Prepoo, creamy, detangling, softening, bomb!
Sarenzo Beauty Fenugreek & Rice Water Clay Wash , the tingling was amazing ,especially once the warm water hit my head. Curls was boingy but slightly had product build up on the back portions where i didnt work the clay in.

Miss

Lemonaid Deep conditioner. Felt like a protein conditioner which on top of the fenugreek had my hair feeling hard.

HealthyHair2020

Hit
Hair feeling moisturized after taking down my protective style.
My Style n Jam Gel, Camille Rose Braid Spray, Mielle Leave-In and Lottabody Foam did the damn thing.

TGIN Green Tea Leave-In
Did not like this as a leave-in but I did like it as a detangler. Helped to get out my shed hair with my Felicia Leatherwood brush with ease.