Maybe a bit too much protein? Cowashing?

SimpleKomplexity

I did a rollerset the other day and it was gorgeous!! I used ubrey Organics GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner, but maybe my hair really wants moisture. It's not as soft as it should be and when I wrap it at night it breaks. I'm scared to comb it!! You think a few cowashing will help out my hair? I'm thinking about cowashing everyday for a week or so. When I go back to school I will go back to cowashing everyday or every other day, because it seems like my hair made a drastic turn around when I cowashed everyday. I dun liek to cowash at home everyday because even though we have softer water here at my house, my mother is convinced all my hair will come out, and I don't ahve time to be speaking on my defense all day LOOOL. Plus cowashing gives me limited styles. Cowash or not?

The daily co-washing I feel will be too much manipulation for your hair right now. MY recommendation right now would be some deep conditioning. The AO GPB is a protein conditioner and maybe you should look for some moisturizing conditioner and do about 2 DCs a week until your moisture level comes up a bit, okay?

You don't have to necessarily use shampoo each time, just once a week would be enough. Also make sure that you apply a daily moisturizer and seal with an oil. Steam treatments are awesome too - see Samanthajones threads on the steam conditioning challenge. I do those and regular DCs as well. HTH.

I agree with Aggie :yep:

Frequent dc's should help with the problem. If you dc twice a week, you can still have cute styles like rollersets, braidouts, bantu knots, etc. Style AND moisture. The best of both worlds :grin:

The daily co-washing I feel will be too much manipulation for your hair right now. MY recommendation right now would be some deep conditioning. The AO GPB is a protein conditioner and maybe you should look for some moisturizing conditioner and do about 2 DCs a week until your moisture level comes up a bit, okay?

You don't have to necessarily use shampoo each time, just once a week would be enough. Also make sure that you apply a daily moisturizer and seal with an oil. Steam treatments are awesome too - see Samanthajones threads on the steam conditioning challenge. I do those and regular DCs as well. HTH.

Thanx ladies I totally forgot about steam treatments!! Yeah I'm only shampooing once a week right nwo because of the excessive drying. I will def up some deep conditiong though!! Thanx!!

Back