MBL 2013 Challenge!

Fab79

Marking my spot. This Challenge is so for me, I can't wait to get to MBL that is my goal (Dream) length. I'm currently on my phone, but will update fully including starting pictures over the weekend.

Let's get to MBL ladies

SavannahNatural

Current Length Between SL and APL
Current State of Hair Natural 3c/4a
Regimen KISS!

Co-Wash 1 or 2x a week using Aussie Moist
Mud Wash Every 2 weeks with Terressentials Lavender Garden
DC after every wash with a homemade concotion. It changes every 3 DC's what is included.
Leave-In Conditioner
Allow to Air Dry about 60-80% then twists or braid for the style of the week.

I need to remind myself of this... More often than not I'm all over the place with my routine!

To get to MBL I'm going to work better at M&S my ends every night. I believe the trick for me to get MBL is retention.

I have been doing this more often, but not every night. I've noticed my hair has been a little dry at times, so I'm going to be sure to do this nightly. I was using Avocado or Organic Coconut Oil, but I think I'm just going to stick with the Avocado Oil because I feel it saturates the hair better.:yep:

I also take vitamins and supplements (Biotin, Niacin, MSM, Omega 3-6-9 and a B-Complex) I haven't peeked at my vitamins much for March, but I'm going to get back to it, seeing as I don't have far to go for APL and I know they have helped!

And am a heavy water drinker!This hasn't changed.:lick:

Goals for each check-in date
March 31, 2012 - Not much of a change from where I am currently (see pic below)

I would like to announce there is change! My hair has grown even with the trim. I believe I'll make APL by end of May beginning of June at the latest.

Check me out ya'll!

Attachments

• Photos from Jan 4, 2012-1.jpg
    Photos from Jan 4, 2012-1.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

caliscurls

Checking in....been co-washing with Wen Lavender then wet bunning all week alternating between using Aussie 3min, Giovanni SMS, and MT as a leave in sealed with grape seed oil or chi silk first then a tad of my Shea butter mix on the ends. I moisture and seal in the morning and night. Will probably leave the MT for one of deep condition alternates...

Last edited:

newbeginnings2010

I know it sounds silly since I started the thread, but I can't update on my length at the moment. My hair is in box plait extensions in preparation for childbirth. I needed something low maintenance and nice-looking for pictures after delivery. I just washed my hair and scalp this morning. This pic from earlier this month will have to suffice. I'll give another better update as soon as I take them out at the end of April or early May.

Attachments

• March 2012 hair.jpg
    March 2012 hair.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 168

caliscurls

@ blcbuty ..congrats on the progress! I gave myself a small trim 2weeks ago and was worried that my length check was going to be shorter too. We just have to stay diligent and the rest will come! This is the longest my hair has ever been so I'm motivated to keep it up!

ecadnacmc

Current Length: APL
Current State of Hair : Natural ?4a
Regimen: cowash once/week ( or more depending on activity), stretch on curlformers, DC @ least 2x's/month, mud wash and henna gloss/indigo 1x's/ month, moisturizer & seal daily.
Goals:
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: 4/2013
Starting photo:
Straightened: taken 1/28/12 ( I only straighten 1-2/yr)
image-3578691030.jpg
Twistout:
image-707528958.jpg
Check-In Dates
March 31, 2012 : full APL
August 15, 2012 : BSB
December 31, 2012: BSL
April 30, 2013 : MBL
August 15, 2013 : Full MBL
December 31, 2013 : WL

Last edited:

jprayze

Checking in and adding my goals for each date

Check-In Dates/Goals
March 31, 2012 - closing in on APL
August 15, 2012 - APL
December 31, 2012 - BSL
August 15, 2013 - BSB
December 31, 2013 - MBL!

photo.JPG

This pic was taken on March 28th. Right now, I'm really working on establishing a regimen that works for me and I'm feeling positive!

DivaJones

Current Length: APL
Current State of Hair Relaxed and stretching (last relaxer Feb 3, 2011)
Regimen
1. Shampoo every Sunday It depends on what my hair say it wants at that time Herbal Essence and Suave Humectant. I also co-wash on Tuesdays and Thursdays with Suave moisture milks.
2. DC with suave moisture milk
3. Air dry and two strand twist/plat.
4. I am currently eating healthier(healthy choice foods), drinking plenty of water, and taking vitamins on a daily basis.
5. I am doing the GHE(greenhouse effect)nightly, and if I not doing nothing for the weekend I am doing it all day.
Goals for each check-in date (dates are below) but I'm mostly looking at how effectively I can style my hair between length checks.
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: December 2012
June 30, 2012* BSL
September 30, 2012* Moving towards MBL
December 31, 2012*MBL

Last edited:

Khaiya

Current Length 1.5 inches above APL

Current State of Hair 4a/b natural

Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL)
wash and DC once a week, moisturize and seal at least every other day, finger-combing mostly and lots of protective styles.

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL - I'll give myself to the end of the year, but i'm hoping to make it by June 2013

Heres my starting pic taken a few days ago:

and here is the link to my album: http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq340/khaiyat/2012/
PLEASE ONLY THANK THIS POST TO OFFICIALLY JOIN! Just makes it easier to keep track of names. And don't forget to post your info too!

Check-In Dates
March 31, 2012 - 1.5 inches above APL
August 15, 2012 - Full APL
December 31, 2012 - BSL
April 30, 2013 - Full BSL
August 15, 2013 - grazing MBL
December 31, 2013 Full MBL

NaiyaAi

I'm in!

Current Length:
Somewhere between APL and BSL
Current State: Relaxed. I was 4a for most of my life, but some parts of my hair have decided they now want to be something more resembling a 3c. So I have 3c and 4a hair. My hair doesn't like it when I stretch relaxers.
Regimen: Weekly wash/DC followed my a rollerset, protective styling most of the time (except special occasions), and I'm currently using MN, biotin, and MSM.
Goals for each check-in date: I want to be BSL by sometime between the May and August check-in dates, and then hopefully I'll reach MBL by February or March of 2013.
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: Just answered it above ^

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Starting picture

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1835215391.jpg
    image-1835215391.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

caliscurls

Prior to this challenge I was making ok progress (retained maybe 4 inches in total in 2011) by only washing monthly and flat ironing but I noticed 4 weeks ago that I was getting mid-hair slits...like not splits but like someone had taken a micro sized knife and split the shaft :( ... Happy to report that since I've started doing the co-washing with the regimen to reach MBL my hair is stronger. I'm air drying in plaits or a bun with a scarf to smooth my edges and it's working out nicely. Yesterday i checked the back and it looks like I've gained .5 inch in 4 weeks and I don't see any frail strands (I'm thrilled!)

One of my friends looked at me crazy when I told them MBL was the goal...like "that's nice dear...(pats head and smiles gently)" If I keep this up they'll be in for a shock.

caliscurls

Bunned and co-washed all week. Tonight I'll probably do my monthly henna treatment, really want to flat iron but am trying to lay off the heat....if I get the courage maybe I'll rollerset it. Takes my hair ALL DAY to dry though ( at least on the last attempt)....so I'll probably chicken out :)

lamaria211

I have taken up the ladypianolo deep moisture method to help reach my goals. Its only been a week but so far so good:)

classoohfive

Like you, I'm probably not going to make MBL as planned because I started wearing my hair out of protective styles more than I should. Once I finally passed APL I wanted to show it, lol.

• Current Length Full APL. BSL. I'm trying to get to a healthy full BSL this year. I was close but I needed to protective style more often so a lot of it broke off back to APL. :(
  • Current State of Hair Texlaxed. I think I'm about 11 weeks post right now.
  • Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL) I don't have a strict regimen anymore, which is probably part of my problem. :lol: I pretty much work my hair around school and homework but I need to stop because I tend to put off DCing and such. To get to MBL I'm going to start planning better so I won't put off my DCing, protective styling more often, baggying my ends, and using my Split-Ender more often.

I can't predict my goals at the moment as I am trying to do what I can for my hair before I decide how much of a trim I need.

Last edited:

newbeginnings2010

I have a few strands touching the top of my brastrap, but trying to find a transitioning style is proving difficult. Last night I tried using Argan Oil wrap lotion on my relaxed strands and braided it up for a braidout. I don't plan on going out today, so I haven't taken them down yet. I will in an hour or so. Tomorrow is wash day. I plan on using a little EVOO to detangle, and DCing on dry hair with...I don't know, whatever is in my stash :lol:. If this braidout holds today I will try the braidout again tomorrow night and see if I can get the style to last a week.

ShantiNamaste

[FONT=&quot]Hi![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I’m new and I’d like to join my first challenge.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Current Length:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Just above BSL (BSB?)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] July 2013[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Current State of Hair:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Texlaxed (I do it about twice a year)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hair Type:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3c (natural)/3b (texlaxed)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regimen:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Daily[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Liquid vitamins for overall health
Protective Style (sock bun)
Moisturize & Seal
Cover at night

Weekly
Shampoo (1x/wk)
Deep Condition (1x/wk)
Co-wash (2x/wk)

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]General[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Curly hair summer! (No straightening until September - huge deal for me)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Check-In Dates [/FONT]

March 31, 2012 – BSB
August 15, 2012 – Full BSL
December 31, 2012 – Approaching MBL
April 30, 2013 – Touching MBL

August 15, 2013 – MBL
December 31, 2013 – Curly hair touching MBL (meaning no pulling hair to see length)

newbeginnings2010

Braid out worked, but since discovering the secret to transitioning is low manipulation, this will not be a regular style. Still working on finding a low manipulation regimen to retain my relaxed ends and reach MBL!

Seamonster

Current Length: SL
Current State of Hair: Natural
Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL):
Wash Every other day, massage daily, use all kinds of growth aids

Supplements
Seaweed
Herbal tea
Maca
Saw Palmetto mix
Biotin
MSM

Techniques: Crown and Glory Method, No Heat, 95% protective styles, 12 inches in 12 Months, My Secret Weapon is Prayer:shhh::sekret:

Goals for each check-in date
March 31, 2012 - Thick Shoulder Length! :trophy::woohoo::eek:wned::strong:
August 15, 2012 - Grazing Bra strap
December 31, 2012 - Full BSL
April 30, 2013 - Touching MBL
August 15, 2013 - Full MBL
December 31, 2013 - Waist Length Ya'll
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: I'm thinking June 2013

nlamr2013

Current Length
Between Apl and bsl more toward bsl
Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like
Natural 4a?
Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL)
Wash with head and shoulders once and mane and tail once a week. Faux steam once a week with sallys Paul Mitchell knock off, mane and tail or pantene in the square tub mixed with a little coconut or olive oil. After wash and condition set hair on some kind of rollers( flexi rods, curlformers, regular magnetic rollers) wear that until the end of the week. moisturize and seal with a bit of kkkt and jbco or shea butter. To get to mbl I will be keeping my hair stretched direct heat free so that I can cut down on splits and ssks.
Goals for each check-in date (dates are below) What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share
No specific goals just hope to make it by years end.

ForumRunner_20120424_084442.jpg

ForumRunner_20120424_084813.jpg

ForumRunner_20120424_084904.jpg

ForumRunner_20120424_085004.jpg

IMAG1698-1.jpg

First two are todays curl former set
third is a texture shot
Fourth is last Weeks flexi rod set
Last is the most current length shot

ForumRunner_20120424_084904.jpg

newbeginnings2010

I'm thinking about a light trim very soon. Learning my transitioning hair has caused me to have a ton of breakage in the past few weeks. I'll probably straighten my own hair and do this myself in a month or so. I just have this feeling that if I start trying to straighten my hair now, my water will suddenly break and I'll end up in the hospital with half straight, half poofy hair. :lol: