MBL 2013 Challenge!

newbeginnings2010

Oh! And my regimen has COMPLETELY changed to compensate for my considerable NG. I want to retain as much length as possible and with dryness becoming a huge issue, I'm detangling on conditioner-soaked dry hair in four sections and washing once per week. I'm thinking of trying cowashing in between, but I haven't determined how to do this without detangling my hair. I'm actually afraid to do this. :ohwell:

Anywho, I air dry in four ponytails overnight then pull into a bun for the week for maximum retention! Still looking for a good daily moisturizer. Any suggestions?

greenandchic

I dusted my hair on the 16th and planning on doing it every 8 weeks. I'm hoping that would be the answer to my hair staying the same length for 9+ months. :look:

caliscurls

Don't think my hair is appreciating the frequent co-washing. Going to move to weekly or every two weeks. It definitely prefers the least amount of manipulation possible. I did buy some Rusk Smoother Leave In and definitely like the results when used sparingly on air dried hair. May try it with my next blow dry as well.

classoohfive

I finally tried the ApHogee 2-step pack I've had forever. I've done the hair strand in water tests and nothing really seemed out of place, but my hair was so dry I thought it was a moisture issue. Even when I did use protein I guess I wasn't using something strong enough... After rinsing, my hair was so much easier to detangle and is currently holding more moisture. It hasn't had that much slip in a long time. :) I'm still experiencing some breakage, just not as bad as recently.

The reason I went ahead and tried the ApHogee instead of lighter proteins is because I planned to relax Sunday. I figured my breakage was coming from not being able to handle the different textures, now I might hold off another 3 weeks and relax on schedule (16 weeks).

I still plan to pull out the Split Ender after my relaxer and do a trim after I baby my ends :( I just hope adding ApHogee helps me recover from my recent set backs so I can get to MBL. I noticed when my hair was wet that some of my strands are close to MBL, which I'm going to have to cut to BSL so my hair won't be too uneven.

GreenEyedJen

Aw man, MBL is my UG. I'm so tempted to join, but I'm horrible with taking pictures and remembering to post. If I make my goal of BSB this year, I might join. Otherwise I'll be watching from the sidelines cheering you ladies on!

Katherina

:wave:

Current Length
BSL

Current State of Hair
Natural 4a medium fine strands

Regimen
Reduce breakage - taking care of ends
Reduce tangling - styling
Trim 1x/ 3-4 months
Patience

Goals for each check-in date (dates are below)
August 15, 2012 - Fuller BSL
December 31, 2012 - Nearing or grazing MBL
April 30, 2013 - MBL

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL
April

LexaKing

:wave:

Current Length
BSL

Current State of Hair
Natural 4a medium fine strands

Regimen
Reduce breakage - taking care of ends
Reduce tangling - styling
Trim 1x/ 3-4 months
Patience

August 15, 2012 - Fuller BSL
December 31, 2012 - Nearing or grazing MBL
April 30, 2013 - MBL

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL
April

Katherina Welcome!!!

tiffjust2002

woo-hoo I'm in!

Current Length: I am just above APL I'd say about inch or two away
Current State of Hair: Natural
Regimen: Shampoo once a week, DC after every shampoo, co-wash 1-2x per week, PS 90% of the time
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: oooh tough one I'd say by Oct/Nov 2013

Starting pics: A semi stretched twist out done on damp hair
apl.jpg

classoohfive

My hair is still doing better since the ApHogee treatment. :D Still needs some work and extra attention but it's better. I'm going to buy more and probably make it a staple or at least something to always have on hand just in case.

LexaKing

Didn't have as much growth this month as last month however, I did slack on my ps (I was enjoying my hair), and on my vitamins....time to get back on the grind :yep:

EasypeaZee

Ok so I thought I posted but I didn't...
My starting length is 3 inches away from APL and I'm partially relaxed/ texlaxed. I plan on bunning/ braiding my hair to MBL and hopefully I'll make it by October 2012 since I see a trim in my future. I'm really excited for this challenge since MBL is my long term goal and I started last may from neck length. ...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2864957731.jpg
    image-2864957731.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 37
  • image-2066725526.jpg
    image-2066725526.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 34

Course24

• Current Length: APL
  • Current State of Hair: 4B Relaxed/No Color (last relaxer: 2/29/2012)
  • Regimen:
    * Wash/Condition Weekly (includes: Heat Cap, Blowdry & Flat Iron 2x/month)
    * Protein Treatment Monthly (Aphogee 2-Step, DRC 28)
    * Seek & Destroy as needed (avg monthly)
    * Habitual "Bunner & Ponytailer"
    * Relax every 12-14 weeks (Relax, Protein, Neutralize, Condition)
    * Vitamins (3-5x/wk): Multi, MSM, Biotin
    * Oil scalp (Weekly) Sulfur 8, MN, Coconut Oil
    ** Will experiment adding Cassia & CO-Washing into my regimen during the summer months**
  • Goals for each check-in date:
    August 15: Dense BSL
    December 31: Knocking on MBL's door saying: "Let Me In!"
    April 30, 2013: MBL
  • What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: APRIL (I should avg .5"/month to achieve MBL)
  • Any links to a photo album: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/album.php?albumid=8523&pictureid=113867

Last edited:

GroovyMama

I'm in...
Current Length: APL

Current State of Hair: Natural 4a

Regimen:
1. PS in individual braids 99.9% of the time (with the exception of length checks/very special occasions)
2. Moisturize and seal daily with my staples. Elasta QP mango butter or HE LTR, and coconut oil
3. Co wash/water rinse usually 5 days a week. I workout 5 days and I co wash/water rinse those days. I also baggy my whole head every night.
4. Light protein deep condition 1x per week
5. Every 6 weeks: Pre-poo with combo aloe vera juice, coconut oil and sunflower oil. Shampoo with either ORS creamy aloe (for clarifying), Giovanni smooth as silk, or Elasta QP soy oyl. Aphogee protein treatment. DC with Elasta QP DPR-11 mixed with olive oil and honey. Giovanni Direct leave-in. Re-braid hair.
6. Vitamins: Hair skin and nails vitamin, prenatal, MSM and horsetail.
7. Drinking between 120-140 oz. of water everyday. Lots of fruits and veggies. (This is moreso for overall health, but my hair benefits)

Check-In Dates
March 31, 2012 APL
August 15, 2012 Full APL
December 31, 2012 - BSL
April 30, 2013- Full BSL
August 15, 2013- MBL
December 31, 2013-Full MBL

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL. December

Attachments

• 5-2a.jpg
    5-2a.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 53

skraprchik

I'm starting to feel a little more confident about reaching MBL. For the longest time I thought my hair wasn't growing. Comparison pics from last year show that I have been. I'm going to focus on evening out the layers I have from growing out a BC this year and hopefully can start growing to MBL in the fall.

SkySurfer

I'm in, my plan is to grow whatever i can to MBL, then trim the bottom layers until all my layers catch up. I'm weaved up right now :)

lexxi

Current Length -sl
Current State of Hair-natural 4ab
Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL) -
3/4 wig:wash 1 per wk ,dc 1 per wk
weave:wash 1x every 2 wks ,dc 1 every wk
hair:wash 2x per wk ,and dc 1 per wk
-I will be using bentonite clay 1x per month
-megatek mix 3-4x a wk
-vitamins:hsn,garlic pills,and msm
Hair style:twist outs heatless,3/4 wig and weave

March 31, 2012 - alil past sl
August 15, 2012 - APL or grazing
December 31, 2012 - Grazing BSL
April 30, 2013 - Full BSL in the back
August 15, 2013 - TBD
December 31, 2013 - MBL
Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share :photos will be on blog or just post here.
March 2012

will update with straight pic come next week before going back in a wig

newbeginnings2010

Hey ladies. Sorry I'm slacking but just gave birth for the first time yesterday! I'm protective styling though. :lol: and overdue for a shampoo!

coolsista-paris

newbeginnings2010 said:
Hey ladies. Sorry I'm slacking but just gave birth for the first time yesterday! I'm protective styling though. :lol: and overdue for a shampoo!

congrats! welcome to motherhood. welcome to sweet baby.

caliscurls

Protective style inspired by sipp100. Lately I've been trying to weave new styles into my HHJ to MBL.....one of these days I'll figure out how to post pictures from my iPad the right way!

Last edited:

caliscurls

newbeginnings2010 said:

just the fact the you responded within such a short time after giving birth says so much about your commitment! Congrats on the new baby!

newbeginnings2010

Hey ladies! How's it going? I'm sooo exhausted, so rather than post my hair plans to reach MBL, I'm just going to post the link to my blog where I wrote about my hair and posted pictures. Can't wait to do a length check soon using this low maintenance style. Here you go!

djkforeal

I would like to officially join this challenge because I want to continue on with growing my hair past BSL. I am currently in the BSL 2012 challenge and I was in the BSL 2011 challenge that I did not make it to in my opinion. Anyway, I think my ultimate goal is waist length so this will be my next mark on the way to that goal. You are correct, I have not seen a MBL that has been created this year or last year for that matter, so this challenge is perfect.

• Current Length: Between BSB and BSL
  • Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like: I am 100% Natural, have been that way for a long time now, even before joining the hair boards.
  • Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL): Currently I practice low manipulation hair techniques and it seems to be working out really well for me. I use wigs and weaves to give my hair a break from daily styling and I usually have my hair in extensionless braids most of the year. I will have to step my deep conditioning game up because that has been a challenge for me, but I will just continue to keep it simple and wash my hair every 2-3 weeks and use the curly girl method for detangling my hair before shampooing.
Goals for each check-in date:

[FONT=&quot]March 31, 2012 - Joining late so I will not have an official check-in[/FONT]

August 15, 2012 - BSL but not quite full BSL
December 31, 2012 - Full BSL
April 30, 2013 - Grazing MBL
[FONT=&quot] August 15, 2013 - touching MBL[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]December 31, 2013 - Full MBL and working my way towards Waist Length.[/FONT]
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: Realistically, I am thinking September 2013

• Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share: I have a blog where I talk about my hair and show pictures and videos, but I have not updated on my current length yet, but it's coming...http://www.lacefora.com/

LexaKing

Still here! Still being true to my regimen. But I find the warmer it gets the more I wanna wear my hair out. I need to make sure I ps at least 5 days a week... I'm also stretching my length checks to every 2-3 months so I can see my progress better.

Course24

Checking in. I'm staying true to the DC'ing, scalp oiling & protective styling. However, I'm not taking all the vitamins I planned to take. Only about 1/2 of them I've been taking on a regular basis. And my water intake is really disappointing & lousy, which is quite unusual for me. Length checks haven't been big on my list as of yet since i haven't had any setbacks & it appears to be progressing nicely. I feel the pot will never boil if I watch it all the time. So I've decided to access the length when our August check-in comes around.

Last edited: