MBL 2013 Challenge!

newbeginnings2010

Last list update was January 9, 2013. Please send me a private message if you would like to be officially added to the list.

Okay, I searched and searched and I can't find an MBL 2013 challenge anywhere. I'm definitely not making MBL in 2012 as I originally planned because I do wear my hair out quite a bit. I've been off the board for a while just enjoying my hair, but I'm back and ready to grow again! I'm going to copy most of the rules from the 2012 challenge.

The challenge will run from March 31, 2012 (To give everyone a chance to get a pic posted) – December 31, 2013.

Please introduce yourself! Things you might want to include:

• Current Length
  • Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like
  • Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL)
  • Goals for each check-in date (dates are below)
  • What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL
  • Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share

PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO BE ADDED TO THE LIST AND OFFICIALLY JOIN! And don't forget to post your info too! :yep:

Check-In Dates
March 31, 2012
August 15, 2012
December 31, 2012 - Last "official" day to join here. (Last day I will update names)
April 30, 2013
August 15, 2013
December 31, 2013

You can check in more than this if you like, but let’s all try to do so on these particular dates at the very least so we can keep up with each other's progress!​
Let’s grow, ladies! I'm excited! :grin:

Last List update: January 9, 2013

Challengers:
newbeginnings2010
skrapchik
LexaKing
smwrigh3
@blcbuty@
greenandchic
LoveArianna
ms.tatiana
NappyNelle
lamaria211
jprayze
EasypeaZee
FlawedBeauty
KumakoXsd
KurlyNinja
KhandiB
topnotch1010
caliscurls
Fab79
DivaJones
NaiyaAi
Khaiya
classoohfive
ShantiNamaste
ecadnacmc
trutru1luv
nadaa16
Katherina
tiffjust2002
djkforeal
kandigyrl
LightEyedMami
Marand13
Sanndy
newnyer
BEAUTYU2U
claud-uk
LuvlyRain3
irisak
TeeBee
NaturalfienD
Course24
Seamonster
shortdub78
KaramelDiva1978
Cattypus1
justjai
vmerie
Course24
NinasLongAmbition
lexxi
Janine
freckledface
coolsista-paris
20perlz
vmerie
Kindheart
Firstborn2
cheerrette
MrsJaiDiva
mamaline
Mjon912
annanimittee
GroovyMama
JerriBlank
lilyofthenile
SincerelyBeautiful
BGT
nissi
Kimeshajohnson
EnExitStageLeft
Babysaffy
Angel of the North
gforceroy
tashboog
Sissy0561
tasha7239
Miss AJ
christanddonniesmommy
GrowAHead
TruMe
panama_princess6
Sholapie
BraunSugar
RegaLady
ImanAdero
ManiiSweetheart
Evo-ny

Last edited:

newbeginnings2010

• Current Length: BSB
  • Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like: Updated: Transitioning 4b, 104 week transition (or longer if I can!)
  • Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL): Wash with shampoo every 3-4 weeks. Using Paul Mitchell Super Skinny full line (mix DC with Cantu Shea Butter leave-in). Blow dry and straighten once per month. For styling I take a 2 weeks down, 2 weeks up approach between shampoos until I hit 12 weeks post relaxer (sometimes 8 weeks). Moisturizing every other day. Comb only when I feel like it (about every 2 weeks). Trim whenever it looks bad. What I'm doing to retain length is just KISS. No special treatments that cause me to do extra manipulating.
  • Regimen update: In braids or in sections, I now wash with CON Kiwi and Citrus every week, DC with ORS Deep Penetrating Conditioner, airdry, and rebraid/replait every 2 weeks. I use Aveeno Leave-in and Africa's Best braid spray for daily moisturizing, and seal with Africa's Best Herbal Oil. And you thought it was KISS before!
  • Goals for each check-in date
    • [FONT=&quot]March 31, 2012 - still BSB[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]August 15, 2012 - Touching Bra strap[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]December 31, 2012 - BSL[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]April 30, 2013 - Touching MBL[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]August 15, 2013 - Full MBL[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]December 31, 2013 - Maintain MBL for as long as possible before BC
      [/FONT]
  • What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: I'm thinking June 2013
  • Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share: My album is here on LHCF...

Last edited:

skraprchik

This is a great idea. MBL is my official length goal. I hope it's the goal that will allow me to style my hair in its curly state the way I desire.

Current Length: Between Shoulder and APL
Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like: Natural 4a
Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL):
1. Shampoo every two weeks with whatever sulfate-free shampoo is on hand, currently TJ's Nourish Spa Shampoo.
2. DC with Organicals Ultra Conditioning Creme. This is new for me, so I'll be looking to see how well it works.
3. Air dry and two strand twist. I wear the twist in a variety of updos for the two weeks and repeat the process. I use a variety of leave-ins and oils to M&S, but my staples are HairVeda Vatika Frosting, Cocasta Shikakai Oil, water and KBB Sweet Ambrosia.
4. I have increased the amount of whole fruits and vegetables in my diet and taken out much of the processed food. I am aiming to drink at least 1.5 L of water a day. I'm very inconsistent with the vitamin intake.
Goals for each check-in date (dates are below) This I can't accurately predict. On average my hair grows 1/2" per month, but I'm mostly looking at how effectively I can style my hair between length checks.
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: December 2012
Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share

I'll update this post on the 31st when I do my March length check

smwrigh3

I think my goal is MBL/WL for 2013. Maybe WL. Thats alot of hair! lol

Current Length- Somewhere in the land btw APL and BSL
Current State of Hair- 4a/4b Natural
Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL)
I am doing this challenge while so doing The Wig Challenge, HYH Challenge 2012, Braid It Up Challenge, and LadyPanialo Deep Moist Method.
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL- June. Mostly so I can wear pretty flexi rod sets during the summer:look:

LexaKing

Thanks for making this thread!!! My hair length goal is waist length by Dec 2013, but I still have yet to reach MBL, so I'm hoping to get there sometime in 2013 as well :)

Current Length Somewhere between APL and BSL

Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – Relaxed and Stretching. I'm about 12 weeks post, but wont relax again until June.

Regimen
Wash Weekly
DC 1x Weekly
Hot Oil Treatment Bi-Week
Protein Treatment Monthly
M&S EVERY NIGHT
Wrap and Bun Daily

Goals for each check-in date (dates are below)
By August 2012 I hope to be FULL BSL

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL I'm HOPING i'll be MBL by spring of 2013, so maybe a year from now in March 2013 :)

Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share My photo album is in my profile. I do also have a youtube channel where I track my progress and review my favorite and staple products Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/LadyLexaRae/videos

SavannahNatural

Current Length Between SL and APL
Current State of Hair Natural 3c/4a
Regimen KISS!

Co-Wash 1 or 2x a week using Aussie Moist
Mud Wash Every 2 weeks with Terressentials Lavender Garden
DC after every wash with a homemade concotion. It changes every 3 DC's what is included.
Leave-In Conditioner
Allow to Air Dry about 60-80% then twists or braid for the style of the week.

I tend to braid my hair in two french braids at random times during the week and will maintain for about 2 days.

I also try to put in Mini Twists once a year, twice if I'm not too lazy.

I've also attempted Kinky Twists, which I will be doing again.

So ultimately I attempt to PS but between that I do wear my hair out.

To get to MBL I'm going to work better at M&S my ends every night. I believe the trick for me to get MBL is retention.

I also take vitamins and supplements (Biotin, Niacin, MSM, Omega 3-6-9 and a B-Complex)

And am a heavy water drinker!

Goals for each check-in date
March 31, 2012 - Not much of a change from where I am currently (see pic below)
August 15, 2012 - APL or at least seriously grazing
December 31, 2012 - Grazing BSL
April 30, 2013 - Full BSL in the back
August 15, 2013 - TBD
December 31, 2013 - MBL

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL I have to measure to see what type of length I'll need to reach the milestones between where I am now and MBL. I'm in the APL 2012 Challenge and our first check in is 3/31 so I'll do the full measurement then.

Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share I don't take many pics, because it's hard to do, but the few I have are in my LHCF Album!

Aggie

Darn it, I wish I could join this challenge but I can't. I am back to NL trying to get back to SL this year because of a setback caused by a very careless stylist who botched up my hair doing a simple task of taking down a weave:nono:.

I will be more than happy to watch and cheer you ladies on from the sidelines however.

Also, if this was MBL 2015, then I will be all up in here:grin:

ms.tatiana

Current Length: I believe right at BSL

Current State of Hair: Natural haven't had a perm since 2005-06
Regimen: I'm always in hiding with my hair (weaves, braids, & buns). I wash and deep condition once a week. I always take women 1 day vitamins and nixion everyday.
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: January 2013 :grin:

Realhairdontcare

[*]Current Length collar bone length
[*] Current State of Hair natural
[*] Regimen taking hair vitamins everyday, drinking water, oiling and moisturizing hair/scalp every night, washing hair every 2 weeks
[*] Goals for each check-in date
March 31 2012 still cbl
August 15 2012 apl
December 31 2012 full apl
April 30 2013 bsl
August 15 2013 longer than bsl but close to Mbl
December 31 2013 Mbl

[*] What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL December 2013

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

greenandchic

Current Length
Recently trimmed so a U shape right above BSL.

Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like
Natural
4a/3c
Fine/medium texture
Medium density
*I'm working very hard to slow down my shedding via iron and diet due to my low ferritin levels. My hair has suffered a lot over the past year and trying to get it back in shape.

Daily
Moisturize and seal
Protective style

Weekly
Shampoo once a week
Cowash (or cleansing conditioner) once a week
Deep condition once a week
Keep hair stretched for the most part

Monthly
Henna and other herbs for strength

Check-In Dates
March 31, 2012 - Full BSL
August 15, 2012 - Touching MBL
December 31, 2012 - Last "official" day to join here. (Last day I will update names) - Full MBL (maybe a professional trim)
April 30, 2013 -
August 15, 2013
December 31, 2013 - Waist length?

lamaria211

Im Innnnnn!!!
Im Natural
Im between SL and APL
Hair type 4b Coarse
My regimen is i wash with poo bi-weekly and deep condition weekly
i use a sccalp mixture x3 a week of megatek, B&B super grow and essential rosemary oil
March 2012 -i hope to be full APl
August 2012- i hope to be grazing BSl
December 2012- i hope to be full bsl
December 2013-Full MBL
Ill post pics later

SavannahNatural

lamaria211 said:
Im Innnnnn!!!
Im Natural
Im between SL and APL
Hair type 4b Coarse
My regimen is i wash with poo bi-weekly and deep condition weekly
i use a sccalp mixture x3 a week of megatek, B&B super grow and essential rosemary oil
March 2012 -i hope to be full APl
August 2012- i hope to be grazing BSl
December 2012- i hope to be full bsl
December 2013-Full MBL
Ill post pics later

Yay! Momma-to-be-again :)

KurlyNinja

This thread is tempting. I want to join but don't know if I'll make mbl next year. I'll just sit on the sidelines until I get more comfortable. Lol.

SavannahNatural

KurlyNinja said:
This thread is tempting. I want to join but don't know if I'll make mbl next year. I'll just sit on the sidelines until I get more comfortable. Lol.

Oh just take the plunge. For me it's more of a I said it so now I'm going to work to get there! I'm in a APL 2012 challenge so my chances for MBL next year are not great, but I have until Dec! This is sort-of my vision board!

jprayze

Current Length SL going to APL
Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like Natural (well at the end of 2.5 yrs transitioning- few straight ends left)
I realized I use way too much heat on my hair. I will be reducing heat dramatically- doing more roller sets with air drying, twistouts, and wash n gos. Will save heat styling for 'special occasions.' I will add some PS like braids and weaves as well over the course of the time period.
I will be more consistent with vitamins, a multi and biotin and drink more water.
Will DC at least 2/month, no heat, will use shower cap
Goals for each check-in date (dates are below)
I will have official check-ins bi-monthly, so I'll post a length check at the end of May and follow that pattern.
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL
Any month is fine with me as long as I get by December :)
***Starting Pic Attached.

Attachments

• march2012.jpg
    march2012.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 83

EasypeaZee

I'm in too!!

Current length of hair: Collar bone length

Current State of Hair
[(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] –
Relaxed. Have been stretching for 11 months so far... NOT transitioning, will probably relax in September...

Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL): In cornrows right now... Helps me keep my hands out (and my mind off) of my hair... Cowash, DC and Rebraid every 4 weeks. I moisturize and seal nightly as well as apply megatek and mtg mix. I drink water daily and take nioxin vitamins.

Goals for each check-in date
March 31, 2012 - shoulder length
August 15, 2012 - hopefully nearing APL
December 31, 2012 - APL
April 30, 2013 - BSL nearing MBL
August 15, 2013 - Grazing MBL
December 31, 2013 - MBL

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: Crossing my fingers for October 2013

Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share: don't have one but I will post a pic... Kinda crazy looking because i don't want to put heat to my hair.... It's only the bottom of one cornrow unbraided...

image-46879604.jpg

I hope I can make it by next year... I'm very excited for this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

SavannahNatural

I'm hoping all my workouts and water intake are feeding my hair and making it grow, grow, grow!

I have my first check-in in the APL challenge at the end of the month and I don't expect great results, but I know my hair is healthy so that's good. I'm going to flat iron and post pics all over the place! Hopefully I don't have the urge to trim. I believe my last trim was in Jan.

KurlyNinja

Decided to join on in. What could it hurt?

• Current Length
    APL
  • Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like
    All Natural
  • Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL)
    My reggie is low mani and heavy sealing.

WnGs and braidouts are my go to.
    I cowash about 3x a week.
    Moisturize with Shea Moisture Deep Moisture Masque and seal with castor oil. Sometimes I'll use Shea Moisture Curling Souffle as well.
    I "shampoo" about once a month. I use sulfate free shampoo.
    I DC when I feel like it. Dont really need to do that much anymore since I cowash often and moisturize with DC.
    And I always braid my hair up at night.
  • What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL
    I hope to be BSL by the end of 2012 so maybe June/July 2013? Idk
  • Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share

I have my fotki in my siggy. I dont really update that much though.

lamaria211

i trimmed today only about 1/4 of an inch but i felt that i needed it since i havent trimmed since my bc 2 years ago......i no thats bad:ohwell:

LexaKing

Checking in :)

Here is my length update for the end of March. Hopefully i'll be MBL by Dec-Jan!:grin:

Attachments

• 3-28-12 2.JPG
    3-28-12 2.JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 122

KhandiB

Im in...

Please introduce yourself! Things you might want to include:
• Current Length - I am at APL right now
• Current State of Hair - Relaxed 4a( I think)
• Regimen (Not set in stone yet)
I will wash once a week
I will DC 1 to 2 times a week
Hot Oil Treatment once a week
I will cut direct heat down to once a month (if that)
Will do mainly protective styles (braid outs, buns, etc..)
I will baggy my ends at night
I will wait at least 10 weeks in-between relaxers
I will add more oils into my reggie, currently using Vatika and Hot Six
And I will try and put the scissors down, lol

• What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL - Im giving myself August 2013
• Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share - See my Siggy please :) - Not up to date as of yet, I will update and may just start using my LCHF profile for updates.

Check-In Dates
March 31, 2012 - Exactly where I am right now, lol
August 15, 2012 - BSB
December 31, 2012 - BSL
April 30, 2013 - touching MBL :pray:
August 15, 2013 - Full MBL
December 31, 2013

Last edited:

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Looks like I'm right on time for this!:grin:

• Current Length Few inches beyond APL
  • Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like 4a/b
  • Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL)Rollersetting, bunning, and twice per week deep conditioning
  • What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL The first day of summer, June 21st
  • Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to shareI'll post new pics. No recent ones

PLEASE ONLY THANK THIS POST TO OFFICIALLY JOIN! Just makes it easier to keep track of names. And don't forget to post your info too! :yep:

Check-In Dates
March 31, 2012 Approaching BSB *again* deep sigh..
August 15, 2012 Hopefully BSL
December 31, 2012 -Still around BSL
April 30, 2013Approaching MBL
August 15, 2013Hopefully MBL
December 31, 2013Hopefully approaching WL, my final goal

*Answers in red

caliscurls

Newbie here, joining! This my first challenge

Current Length: APL
Current State of Hair: 4b texlax, 1.5 weeks post
Regimen: co-washing at least 3x a week, DC 2x week, wet bun or banana clip daily set on flexi rods, monthly henna, stretch relaxers at least 12 weeks, heat only on occasion to flat iron ( no more than once a month), no combing except to detangle on occasion or as part of the flat iron session

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: December 2013

Check-In Dates
March 31, 2012 - mostly APL, scratching BSL
August 15, 2012 - around BSL
December 31, 2012 - BSL that doesnt make me swing my head back to pull it down to reach :)
April 30, 2013 - scratching MBL
August 15, 2013 - around MBL
December 31, 2013 - MBL