MBL Challenge 2011

naturalgyrl5199

Arrghhh! I had a set back a few months ago so I am BSL...Maybe at the end of the year I will be at least finally past BSL....My siggy pic is the latest updated pic.....

I changed up a bit:

1. I still do BTR every other week, and that has helped. I haven't seen a big change in length, but less shedding has helped my thickness.
2. I no longer co-wash. I currently twist 100% (no twist outs, and twists are 90% in updo)...
I now do a DC with Motions CPR Repair Creme mixed w/ Motions Conditioner and Argan Oil every 2 weeks, and clarify before a DC with a clarifying poo or ACV. I seal with CO and put HE LTR on my ends for protection...

3. Last Sept I got a BKT which I LOVED! But I used heat a couple more times after that and I think that contributed to my setback. But the BKT was great. I'd do it again but DH and I have decided to start a family soon....I haven't used heat since March 2011.

4. In April 2011-July 2011- I wore Braids.. (8 weeks total)....Then went back to BTR and DC...

5. I am hoping to be MBL by Dec, and I will forgo my annual blow-out and press for my B-day this year and probably do a fully-enclosed weave for 6 weeks. If I like it I may do it again...I will definitely be ready for a reveal in Dec 2011!

6. So I haven't had much length but my layers are growing out well, and my hair just looks bigger/thicker which I attribute to CO, BTR, and then being more dilgent about 8-10 week trims/dusting....
In the meantime I'll be PS styling like crazy....

Last edited:

eocceas

Just wanted to give a quick update. I am doing the baggy/ghe for the mo. of November.
Pics are from Oct. 1

Sry photos keep attaching sideways:ohwell:

Attachments

• length check3 10.01.jpg
    length check3 10.01.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 75
  • length check2 10.01.jpg
    length check2 10.01.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

keepithealthy

Hey ladies you mind checking out my pic and letting me know if I made bsb. I was ambitiously hoping to be at least touching mbl by now but I don't think I am going to make it. Thanks.

Attachments

• amibsb.jpg
    amibsb.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 89

bebezazueta

Hello all! Congrats to all who made MBL! I've been scissor happy lately but at least I'm past BSL on my way to MBL. I should definitely make MBL by my December relaxer. My goal of WL will be pushed to next year along with HL! Then I'll be done length chasing I hope. HHG!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

blksndrlla

I actually think I will hit MBL by the end of the year. One day I was APL and looked up and i passed BSB. I might actually be MBL, but that would require me to take my hair out of this bun and check.

It is crazy because I have just been letting my hair be for the most part since April-ish. No regimen...at ALL! But it is progressing nicely. I am trying not to straighten it, but I probably will at least 2 more times this year...shrug.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Hi everyone! I was a strict lurker since 2010 but subscribed officially today! I joined this challenge (in my mind because I was only a lurker, LOL) I'm hoping to be MBL next month. Hopefully. We will see. I have been protective styling 100% since April 2011 @ BSB. As of Aug 2011 I was officially BSL.

Here is a pic as of AUG 2011.

Last edited:

eocceas

Just wanted to do a quick update and show my progress. As I mentioned in my last post I am doing the ghe for this whole mo. I'm basically keeping my hair covered with a wig. At this moment underneath my hair is twisted and I have leave-in and sealed with JBCO and Sublime sulphur mix. I rinse the leave-in out every 3-4 days

The beginning of the week do a prepoo with conditioner, then I rinse and do a light protein conditioner, rinse and then do leave-in fort the remainder of the week and start the process all over again the beginning of the week.

I leave my hair out 1 or 2 days in between. I did this in the mo. of Oct. and grew 1" of hair. Here is the pic for Nov.1 length check and the wig. You can compare with my last post. btw in btwn I only finger comb and then retwist . I wash and detangle on the 1st of the mo.

Attachments

• Nov. 1 length check 2.jpg
    Nov. 1 length check 2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Nov. 1 length check.jpg
    Nov. 1 length check.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 72
  • wig pic.jpg
    wig pic.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

blksndrlla

My Blow Dried Hair...I am going to flat iron it, but I generally have it in Kim.K like curls... My shirt is my close to my waist...I think.

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

I'm glad you ladies are posting. I thought this thread had died. :( I'm looking forward to reveals next month. Ladies your hair is looking fabulous and lush!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

eocceas

Yeah we def need to keep it going this is our last stretch and I'm relying on the extra push and inspiration from everyone. We're in it together. I'm not the best when it comes to posting but I am looking and cheering on. I will post a length check on or around the 1st of the mo. til the BIG reveal. My goal is to hit 15 1/2" on my shirt. That would be an inch a mo. for me. Good luck ladies.:clapping:yay:

Janet'

Ohhh...So excited for all of you ladies!!!!! Each is a milestone...Once you hit mid-back--there's no stopping you!!!! :band: :band:

pre_medicalrulz

Janet' I truly feel that too! MBL is the starting point to WL! ;)

BUT where is everybody that joined this challenge? Next month will be here before you know it. Are we all still on track? Anyone surpassed MBL?

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

blksndrlla

Here is a length shot of my hair flat ironed... I passed my bra strap.... Sorry it's a web cam shot... I don't think I will hit MBL until February-ish.

DesignerCurls

Congrats to all the ladies that made it to MBL already! Everyone's hair looks gorgeous! :gorgeous:

eta: I will be posting my pic Dec 31/Jan 1 (because of another change I'm in)

Happy growing ladies!

Last edited:

lushlady

I'm a little disappointed in my progress. I can tell my hair has grown, but it is so uneven. What is up with that "tail"? Even if I do make it to MBL, it will be cut back.

Congrats to all the ladies that are making progress!

Last edited: