MBL Challenge 2011

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
2 weeks and I'm done with all 2011 challenges. I'm doing a final length check in 2 weeks & that'll be my 2011 ending pics for all challenges. I'm so ready for a relaxer. I can't take it anymore. :(

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

pre_medicalrulz

Next year I am no longer stretching to 16 weeks. Going to start relaxing at 12 weeks. My hair is too thick for that foolishness. :(

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

ezina

Totally failed this challenge, but I'm sure I'll reach MBL early next year. Before my trim last week, I was barely grazing MBL. Now I'm just at full BSL, which isn't bad considering that I started the year with APL.

Lucia

Well as of Nov 2011 I claimed MBL
Thanks ladies for all the support I'm going to keep on geeing to WL and beyond.

Aireen

Well since it's December and I never really came into this thread consistently, I thought I'd post a final update. I'm pretty proud of myself, I had a slight mishap so my hair is a bit thinner but after looking at my progress pictures, it's nice to know that my hair is showing adequate growth. I'm ready to accept that I made my goals this year, even though it may not be to my full potential (as in not having V shaped hair) but I can still go on to my 2012 challenges feeling optimistic. Anyway, if you're interested, click here for my most recent update. Happy hair growing~

DesignerCurls

I haven't post in awhile but I hope I made MBL. I wont know for sure until my next length at the end of the month.

Congrats to everyone who has made it to MBL already! :yep:

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

Here is my ending pic for this challenge. I'm going to just claim MBL and blame it on the charts. :grin:

Attachments

• 120311164258.jpg
    120311164258.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 83

LoveLiLi

Haven't checked in for a while. My longest layers are mbl while the bulk of my hair is solidly at bsl.

I've been in this back and forth for months now. I get to this same point where I'm at this awkward stage where my mbl layers look out of place compared to my bsl layers and I trim it to look better. Of course, this slows my progress.

I'm going to go easy on the natural styles for now (leads to splits for me) and just deal with this awkward phase for the next few months until the rest of my hair catches up to my lower layers and I can claim full mbl.

eocceas

I just wanted to post my last update pic for the year bc I'm about to go under;-) I will be in a kinky curly weave for the next 2 mo. I will go ahead and claim mbl since I'm an inch passed my bra strap.:drunk:

Dec. 1 length check

Attachments

• Dec 1 length check.jpg
    Dec 1 length check.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 93
  • Dec 1 length check2.jpg
    Dec 1 length check2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 95

eocceas

Thanks lady! How are you handling your layers? Are you embracing them or yearning for a blunt cut? I keep flip flopping on this one.

I would prefer not to have layers if I had a choice but at the same time, I think you can do more with it...in terms of nice flowy body wave type curls. So I look at it as having the best of both worlds. Once I reach my goal lenth I will keep trimming until the layers eventually grow out.

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
End of the year update...I got a major trim back in August.. Here is my progress..