MBL Challenge 2012 Official Thread

MzSwift

lacreolegurl

Where da pix?? :)

Update: I'm trying plaits under my wigs instead of cornrows. I think it'll make it easier to rock a braid out if I need to. We'll see..

Hope you ladies are doing well!

lacreolegurl

lacreolegurl

Where da pix?? :)

Update: I'm trying plaits under my wigs instead of cornrows. I think it'll make it easier to rock a braid out if I need to. We'll see..

Hope you ladies are doing well!

MzSwift I have to take pics. :yep: I've been bad about that lately. I made 6 cornrows last night after sealing with some argan oil. When I take those out, I'll make sure I take some.

Do your braidouts come out better with plaits instead of cornrows?

MzSwift

I dusted my hair last night. I put my hair into plaits instead of cornrows to rock under my wigs. I think I cut too much off of some but it's too late to cry over it now. LoL I'll see where I am in December.

Hope you ladies are doing well!! :)

DesignerCurls

I will be doing a length check in a couple of weeks. Excited to see where I am! Then after that I will be in twist for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

manter26

I'd like to join. I'm in APL purgatory right now. I'm in the BSL challenge aiming for December...but I've gotten 1/2" growth for 2 months in a row :yay: which is more than usual...so I'll dive into the MBL challenge too.

I'm gracefully bowing out...still working on BSL for Dec 2012. I think I'll aim for MBL March-July of 2013. Congrats to all who made it!

MzSwift

Lacreo-
Sorry girl, I was rushing and didn't answer your question.
I prefer plaits/braids over cornrows. Cornrows are too defined and too small (crinkled), I prefer fluffier braidouts.

I did my ayurveda cleanse today and DC'd w/ORS Replenishing Pak (haven't used that in a while). Then I used a mix of things to put my hair into small twists. I hope they hold up for the rest of the week!

MzSwift

Thanks girl!

I'm currently in twist extensions with natural ends. I love that they're not all one length -- ranging from W/Hip length to BSL. I've only had them in 2 weeks and I'm ready to take them down. I'm gonna try to put them into an updo in order to preserve them for another week.

Hope you ladies are doing well! :)

DesignerCurls

Designer Curls-
I can't wait to see your update! :)

MzSwift...HA! I am just seeing this! I don't think it was anything to report. I was scissors happy again with the monthly dusting. I was scraping MBL but did a dusting at the beginning of September. :nono: I decided to not do a dusting for October. I was a little discouraged so I've been going hard with the PSing. I am in braids now so I will do an official check at the end of December.

iamtan

I hope to make MBL at the end of the year. Going for Full MBL by Spring 2013.

Last edited:

MzSwift

Here's my Length check. I made it and now I'm waiting for my next layers to catch up. ETA: My hand is on my hip bone.

Last edited: