Medium strength protein treatments

Postal

Hi ladies!

So, I'm getting twists next week and I'm thinking I should boost my protein a little because my hair won't be getting weekly protein conditioner like it does now(I use Aphogee 2 min weekly, followed by a moisturizing conditioner ). I'm scared of using the big bad protein treatments (Aphogee 2 step and DRC-28. ). I was wondering if there were protein treatments that are not mild, not strong, but stronger than mild?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Here's a 'few' I like (in no particular order)
Joico K-Pak
Nexxus Keraphix
L'azna Reconstructor
AG Reconstructor
Sebastian Penetraitt
Redken Extreme
Redken Deep Fuel
Dudley Rebuilder

On the Naturals:
AO GBP
Giovanni Nutra-Fix *they may have changed the name*
SSI Fortifying
Claudie Protein
Claudie Reconstructor
SSI Okra
Hairveda's Methi Set
Cathy Howse UBH

virtuenow

Nexxus Emergencee followed by moisturizing cond'r. Or my fav, AO Gpb, the best conditioner on the market.

virtuenow

@virtuenow

So, how many times this week?:lol:

It's to your choosing. I only do it once a week. The effects last 5-7 days. Doing it more than that would be overkill. I think you should have started earlier, like 3 weeks worth of treatments. But the Emergencee is stronger. I have read threads where people do it more often, you should do a quick search to see success stories. Why can't you continue treatments while in braids/twists? I still do my treatments once a week.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It's to your choosing. I only do it once a week. The effects last 5-7 days. Doing it more than that would be overkill. I think you should have started earlier, like 3 weeks worth of treatments. But the Emergencee is stronger. I have read threads where people do it more often, you should do a quick search to see success stories. Why can't you continue treatments while in braids/twists? I still do my treatments once a week.

virtuenow

No, I was asking how many times this week have you answered this questions.:lol:

virtuenow

@virtuenow

No, I was asking how many times this week have you answered this questions.:lol:

@IDareT'sHair Haha! I know, its driving me crazy, but I can't stop answering. I just don't know how I went 5 years on this board without anyone ever telling me (directly) about proper protein and the best conditioner in the world! I tell someone every chance I get :). ETA: Girl, you had me doing all that research, Imma get you!

Last edited:

virtuenow

Is the new Aubrey's the same as AO? What does Gpb stand for?

Yes, its the same. I can link you to a few threads where we discussed it and broke down the ingredients. Aubreys just got more detailed with their approach. The name of the company is still Aubrey Organics, Inc. GPB is the Glycogen Protein Balancing deep conditioner. It balances your protein and moisture and leaves hair very moist, yet strong.

candy626

I second Aubrey Organics GBP as a good medium protein conditioner. It's definitely not heavy but is good.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Ogoma I'm not sure if it's still listed? I was 'gifted' a bottle and then bought a bottle. It's $24.00.

Lemme go pull it & look at the name:

Curl-Fix Intensive Hair Treatment (Brown Label) Restorative Hair Conditioner

Enriched with Jojoba & Olive Oils, soothing Chammomile and soothing Hair Proteins

Ogoma

@Ogoma I'm not sure if it's still listed? I was 'gifted' a bottle and then bought a bottle. It's $24.00.

Lemme go pull it & look at the name:

Curl-Fix Intensive Hair Treatment (Brown Label) Restorative Hair Conditioner

Enriched with Jojoba & Olive Oils, soothing Chammomile and soothing Hair Proteins

I remember it now. I haven't tried that one. She said it was for finer hair types so I passed on it.

Postal

virtuenow said:

I just don't want my twists to get fuzzy so I don't think I'll be washing my hair quite as often . I'm wearing twists with extentions so I think I'll have to mostly focus on keeping my hair moisturized while its in there. I just want to make sure my hair is strong enough to handle twists

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

InBloom

In my new-growth
Here's a 'few' I like (in no particular order)
Joico K-Pak
Nexxus Keraphix
L'azna Reconstructor
AG Reconstructor
Sebastian Penetraitt
Redken Extreme
Redken Deep Fuel
Dudley Rebuilder

On the Naturals:
AO GBP
Giovanni Nutra-Fix *they may have changed the name*
SSI Fortifying
Claudie Protein
Claudie Reconstructor
SSI Okra
Hairveda's Methi Set
Cathy Howse UBH

Didn't know L'Anza made a reconstructor.....
Thank you! L'Anza is my boo

KinkyGenius

You really should try Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment, it's an excellent medium protein treatment.

Naturae

My vote goes to Aubrey Organics GPB as well. It is a must have for a solid protein 'shot' and is gentle enough to use for weekly co-washes if I run out of moisturizing ones.