Melanin Haircare By Naptural85!

CurlyRy

Sorry y'all, was just doing life things but I came to share a quick review! (I wrote this earlier but I had to work on getting these pics up lol)

I used it in five different ways out of the seven different ways they said you could use it. I skipped using it as a pre-poo and a rinse out conditioner.

Detangler
I thought it had grrrrrrreat slip. The first time I tried it, I just got done doing an oil rinse with the Multi Use Oil Blend from them, and I rinsed it out and generously used the conditioner and loved it! I was thinking it was going to be like a heavy butter based conditioner but it's like a lighter hair milk. The second time I used it as a detangler, was after I rinsed it out as a conditioner. I'm not sure why but it wasn't as slippery as the first time. Both times my hair was wet but I had aaaaah mazing slip the first time, but the second time it was just alright. Maybe some of the oil was still there during the first time? Maybe my hair got a bit more tangled about rinsing again? I'm not quite sure. But I'll keep an eye on it the next time I dentangle.

Deep Conditioner
I put it on wet hair along with the oil blend on top of it. I put on a conditioning cap and two beanies ontop of it to trap in heat (....the ghetto version of the HotHead lol) Instructions said to leave it on for thirty minutes, I ended up leaving it on for two hours because I got busy doing other things.....resting :look:. Rinsed it out, and I noticed that my crown was pretty soft. The rest of my hair just felt fine. Just like a normal conditioner not really mind blowing. I did use a lot in order to use it as a deep conditioner (I have thick hair that's pretty long) so keep that in mind if you are planning as using it as a deep conditioner. You might run out of it faster.

Leave-in
IT DOESN'T FLAKE!! Oh god, I'm just so happy it doesn't flake. The last two leave-ins I tried they both flaked and majoooorly! So I was so happy that even though I put on a LOT, there was zero signs of flaking. My hair just felt like hair. I didn't feel any product on it and it felt pretty soft. It is a light hair milk like conditioner though. So on the second day, I did need to use more on my ends and seal with a castor oil based oil on my ends.

I think it will work well as a leave-in, since it's light and it seems to play well. I would probably suggest using it under a styler if you need more moisture or to seal all your hair with a heavy oil and not a light oil. As a leave-in, I'm happy with it. It seems like a good one just to put on before a styler or when you can't think of anything to put on your hair but you don't want anything heavy or anything that weighs it down.

Styling Cream
I used it on a braid-out (I set my hair in six plaits to stretch out my hair. Then I later went back with the conditioner to set it again in two big braids for a more stretched braidout). I think it worked fine as a styling cream. It kept my braidout pretty big and light. I didn't have frizzy areas that didn't set and there were no flakes. It doesn't really add shine to your hair though, if that's something you're looking for you're going to have to add a heavier oil to your hair.

Refresher
Being that I set my hair twice, I kinda used it as a refresher. It works well for this as well. No signs of build up (and I'm heavy headed) and still no flakes. If your hair gets thirsty easier then you might find yourself refreshing more or needing to seal with something heavy after refreshing.

Overall
I looove the smell y'all! So refreshing! It's spearmint! (That might be the smell already for the twisting cream but I don't know because I still haven't tried it lol). Overall I like to use it like it says in its name. It's a good non fussy leave-in. I would like to buy it again, just because I see that it plays well in my hair and it won't cause any problems. It's not something I would probably go to when my hair is very dry and needing some moisture, but I'll go to it when I need to do a certain style that I want my hair to feel "naked" and light.

-Sorry for typos, I did not proofread but I'll go back later....maybe lol

Pics:
First couple are me using as a deep conditioner (hair is wet)
With the twist, I'm showing that it's a little fuzzy (which is interesting because I didn't really notice the rest of my hair being frizzy now that I think about it)
The pics with the gray shirt, is after a first initial braidout
The other pics are from the second braidout

Attachments

• IMG_5864.JPG
    IMG_5864.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5865.JPG
    IMG_5865.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5875.JPG
    IMG_5875.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5878.JPG
    IMG_5878.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5881.JPG
    IMG_5881.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5886.JPG
    IMG_5886.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5887.JPG
    IMG_5887.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5905.JPG
    IMG_5905.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5922.JPG
    IMG_5922.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5907.JPG
    IMG_5907.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 105

Squikee

I received my bottles last night and put a little on one twist this morning.

I instantly was thrown off by the smell. Spearmint makes me think of toothpaste and gum. But I figured it would keep my hair smelling fresh. QB’s twist butter has a citrus smell and it keeps my hair smelling fresh even in a smoky environment.

I’m going to use on the rest of my hair tonight. I’ve been using a DIY glycerin mix which had been helping my hair retain moisture tremendously (my hair gets dry easily) so I’m not sure if that will distort my results but that one twist feels pretty good!

MilkChocolateOne

I received my bottles last night and put a little on one twist this morning.

I instantly was thrown off by the smell. Spearmint makes me think of toothpaste and gum. But I figured it would keep my hair smelling fresh. QB’s twist butter has a citrus smell and it keeps my hair smelling fresh even in a smoky environment.

I’m going to use on the rest of my hair tonight. I’ve been using a DIY glycerin mix which had been helping my hair retain moisture tremendously (my hair gets dry easily) so I’m not sure if that will distort my results but that one twist feels pretty good!

Can you share your recipe for your diy glycerin mix? Please?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Okay

So the potential to be a great leave in conditioner is there but there's some things I noticed. I left my hair loose and as it was drying it was very soft. By the next day my hair isn't soft. It was a dry type feeling but as I sprayed water on my hair to dampen it, the hair softened back up , leading me to believe that this needs moisture/good dew points in the air and or sealing.

I can see me using it as a rinse out conditioner and a refresher on dry hair but as a leave in conditioner directly after washing, its a no.... in the cold weather.

I'll see if my view changes in the spring/summer but for now its shelved.

I also wish she would have left it unscented.

Squikee

I twisted my hair and put it in Bantu knots Friday night. I planned on doing a Bantu knot/twist out on Saturday but didn’t untwist my hair until Sunday night. Even then, I didn’t style it. I just sprayed some of my moisture mix to twist it back up.

However, as I was taking my twists down; my hair felt SO SOFT!!! Keeping my hair moisturized and feeling soft has always been a challenge for me so I was extremely happy with the results. However, I didn’t apply on freshly washed hair so it may be different in that instance. I’ll update once I have my wash day.

I am still not a fan of the smell. I can smell it on my pillow and it makes me feel like I have toothpaste on my pillow lol.... I think I will try adding some bergamot or some other citrus essential oil to it so see if that neutralizes the scent to just a clean smell.

Overall, I like it for my hair so I’ll continue to use it and try it in different ways to see if my hair prefers other uses.

Mapleoats

I tried the products this weekend. as for the conditioner, it was just okay to me. I used it as a leave in but was surprised by how watery/ diluted it was. Ended up having to use much more than expected. My hair feels soft, but nothing game changing. Based on the consistency I think it makes a good refresher product, and Is probably best used on damp to dry hair, rather than soaking wet hair.

lol this reinforces to me that healthy hair is more about technique than products. I’m officially done being a PJ now haha

guyaneseyankee

LOL @Mapleoats I'm not buying anything else either until all my products in my house are done!!! This was my last online purchase I was waiting for and I'm already over it, after everyone's experiences.

CurlyRy

Okay

So the potential to be a great leave in conditioner is there but there's some things I noticed. I left my hair loose and as it was drying it was very soft. By the next day my hair isn't soft. It was a dry type feeling but as I sprayed water on my hair to dampen it, the hair softened back up , leading me to believe that this needs moisture/good dew points in the air and or sealing.

I can see me using it as a rinse out conditioner and a refresher on dry hair but as a leave in conditioner directly after washing, its a no.... in the cold weather.

I agree, the first couple of days was OK for me but after that my hair felt dry. It has to be used with something else because the moisture properties of it alone isn't enough for my hair :perplexed:

CurlyRy

I just received my box this morning at work. Hair is done for the week in a bun, BUT I might have to test this out midweek. I just took a whiff. Yes I smell the "spearmint" Just like gum. but not very potent. I'm excited to try Will report back in the week.

I am still not a fan of the smell. I can smell it on my pillow and it makes me feel like I have toothpaste on my pillow lol.... I think I will try adding some bergamot or some other citrus essential oil to it so see if that neutralizes the scent to just a clean smell.

Y'all cracking me up! I think I'm about to be the only person that cares for the scent, everybody else like...i'm not trying walk around here smellin like some Listerine :nono2:

:lachen::lachen:

I also liked the Pattern Beauty line scent which I think many weren't all that wild about. Idk what that says about me lol

Squikee

Y'all cracking me up! I think I'm about to be the only person that cares for the scent, everybody else like...i'm not trying walk around here smellin like some Listerine :nono2:

:lachen::lachen:

I also liked the Pattern Beauty line scent which I think many weren't all that wild about. Idk what that says about me lol

I think the smell is growing on me but today I used it with my QB twist butter. I think that toned down the minty freshness of it lol

guyaneseyankee

I'm over new products. I was happy to support but yes, I was thinking the same thing, it left my hair feeling dry. I'll use it though since I paid for it. I just freshened up damp hair to maintain my bun for this week. I'll see how it goes with layering with other product combos. But yeah......:confused:

Pre-Order Starts Now!! http://bit.ly/melaninhaircare OMG, it's finally here! I have been working on this product line for 6 long years and I am SO EXCITED to FINALLY share it with you all! Inspired by my DIY hair product recipes and the requests from my online community, Melanin Haircare was officially founded in 2015! 100% Black Owned - 100% Family Owned. We took ZERO shortcuts, and ZERO compromises, which is why this took so long. There are no investors, just my sister and I, and we built this from the bottom up, through hard work and perseverance. Every single product formula and packaging has been custom created from SCRATCH. These are my DIY product recipes, enhanced for stability and world-wide distribution. The merchandise has also been custom created from SCRATCH, designed by me, using my graphic and product design experience. This is our soft launch, with hard launch coming in 2019, with orders shipping out in February! I will follow up with another video with ALL the deets, but for now, I hope you enjoy what we have to offer and stay tuned for my follow up video! XoXo!! Nap
Fantastic! This is Wonderful news!

Mapleoats

How does it compare in thickness to kinky curly knot today?
KCKT is my favourite leave in! The melanin is like a 2/3rd full bottle of KCKT that was filled the rest of the way with water lol. I always apply KCKT to soaking wet hair, I would never apply the melanin leave in to my hair soaking wet cus it doesn’t need anymore dilution lol.

nyeredzi

KCKT is my favourite leave in! The melanin is like a 2/3rd full bottle of KCKT that was filled the rest of the way with water lol. I always apply KCKT to soaking wet hair, I would never apply the melanin leave in to my hair soaking wet cus it doesn’t need anymore dilution lol.
That's disappointing. The KCKT is the most watery product I have.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Okay

I don’t think they will change :look:

shasha8685

I tried the multi-use leave in recently. Here are my thoughts:

- The smell is really strong....it legit gave me a headache. Fortunately the scent went away once my hair dried.
- It is very light and feels like I don't have product in my hair at all. It also plays well with the CR Aloe Whipped Butter Gel that I used for my twist out (so no flaking!). It also seems to work really well with the multi-use oil. My twist out is really defined and has movement.
- My hair is soft and appears to be moisturized. As we go through the next few days, I should be able to make a definite assessment of that. I can usually rock a twist out without re-moisturizing for about 5-6 days.

So far, I think this product is decent to use as a light leave in or moisturizer for the spring/summer months.

doc_ruak

I'm new to this forum but I had to comment on these products...they are legitimate! I use the leave-in and cream for my L and C, then heavy seal with a hemp and castor oil blend. My hair has never been in better condition and stays extremely moisturized through the week! Tangles and any webbing literally melt away when you put the leave-in on them, I've never had that happen before!

luckiestdestiny

Sorry y'all, was just doing life things but I came to share a quick review! (I wrote this earlier but I had to work on getting these pics up lol)

I used it in five different ways out of the seven different ways they said you could use it. I skipped using it as a pre-poo and a rinse out conditioner.

Detangler
I thought it had grrrrrrreat slip. The first time I tried it, I just got done doing an oil rinse with the Multi Use Oil Blend from them, and I rinsed it out and generously used the conditioner and loved it! I was thinking it was going to be like a heavy butter based conditioner but it's like a lighter hair milk. The second time I used it as a detangler, was after I rinsed it out as a conditioner. I'm not sure why but it wasn't as slippery as the first time. Both times my hair was wet but I had aaaaah mazing slip the first time, but the second time it was just alright. Maybe some of the oil was still there during the first time? Maybe my hair got a bit more tangled about rinsing again? I'm not quite sure. But I'll keep an eye on it the next time I dentangle.

Deep Conditioner
I put it on wet hair along with the oil blend on top of it. I put on a conditioning cap and two beanies ontop of it to trap in heat (....the ghetto version of the HotHead lol) Instructions said to leave it on for thirty minutes, I ended up leaving it on for two hours because I got busy doing other things.....resting :look:. Rinsed it out, and I noticed that my crown was pretty soft. The rest of my hair just felt fine. Just like a normal conditioner not really mind blowing. I did use a lot in order to use it as a deep conditioner (I have thick hair that's pretty long) so keep that in mind if you are planning as using it as a deep conditioner. You might run out of it faster.

Leave-in
IT DOESN'T FLAKE!! Oh god, I'm just so happy it doesn't flake. The last two leave-ins I tried they both flaked and majoooorly! So I was so happy that even though I put on a LOT, there was zero signs of flaking. My hair just felt like hair. I didn't feel any product on it and it felt pretty soft. It is a light hair milk like conditioner though. So on the second day, I did need to use more on my ends and seal with a castor oil based oil on my ends.

I think it will work well as a leave-in, since it's light and it seems to play well. I would probably suggest using it under a styler if you need more moisture or to seal all your hair with a heavy oil and not a light oil. As a leave-in, I'm happy with it. It seems like a good one just to put on before a styler or when you can't think of anything to put on your hair but you don't want anything heavy or anything that weighs it down.

Styling Cream
I used it on a braid-out (I set my hair in six plaits to stretch out my hair. Then I later went back with the conditioner to set it again in two big braids for a more stretched braidout). I think it worked fine as a styling cream. It kept my braidout pretty big and light. I didn't have frizzy areas that didn't set and there were no flakes. It doesn't really add shine to your hair though, if that's something you're looking for you're going to have to add a heavier oil to your hair.

Refresher
Being that I set my hair twice, I kinda used it as a refresher. It works well for this as well. No signs of build up (and I'm heavy headed) and still no flakes. If your hair gets thirsty easier then you might find yourself refreshing more or needing to seal with something heavy after refreshing.

Overall
I looove the smell y'all! So refreshing! It's spearmint! (That might be the smell already for the twisting cream but I don't know because I still haven't tried it lol). Overall I like to use it like it says in its name. It's a good non fussy leave-in. I would like to buy it again, just because I see that it plays well in my hair and it won't cause any problems. It's not something I would probably go to when my hair is very dry and needing some moisture, but I'll go to it when I need to do a certain style that I want my hair to feel "naked" and light.

-Sorry for typos, I did not proofread but I'll go back later....maybe lol

Pics:
First couple are me using as a deep conditioner (hair is wet)
With the twist, I'm showing that it's a little fuzzy (which is interesting because I didn't really notice the rest of my hair being frizzy now that I think about it)
The pics with the gray shirt, is after a first initial braidout
The other pics are from the second braidout
Your hair looks super cute. Thanks for the review.