"Men don't care about long hair!"

Straighthoodtea

UMMMM Okay they question here is why is he telling you what OTHER guys will think when he's your husband. He's the ONLY guy! He's being insecure. He thinks you having longer hair will pull you away from him and give you other "options" Help him understand that's it's just a hobby and does not effect your self perception or self worth. Make him understand that he is the ONLY man. And that him being supportive of your habit makes you feel like he loves you and accepts you no matter what!

Straighthoodtea

I guess I'm not used to people having a say about my hair. My dad tried when I was younger and I told him not to concern himself with things that don't belong to him. It doesn't grow out of his head so his opinion is null. I wonder when I get married how this will factor in. Because I'm a "I do what the heck I want, when I want, how I want and whenever I want." type. In a relationship I can be accountable and all that. But when it comes to how I look and select other things, I just check folks and keep it moving. I'm hoping I find a husband that's supportive no matter what I do. :ohwell:

Last edited:

DrC

Hmmm. I think this title should be changed to "My husband doesn't care about long hair."

melahnee

My boyfriend definitely cares. He doesn't like short hair at all. To him, the longer, the better. He wants to see me with booty length hair :lol: He'd be mad if I ever cut it. :look:

Forever in Bloom

My boyfriend definitely cares. He doesn't like short hair at all. To him, the longer, the better. He wants to see me with booty length hair :lol: He'd be mad if I ever cut it. :look:

Mine too :look:
He told me last time I straightened it: "ooh! When you wear your straight...it just does something to me!

southerncitygirl

In my day to day outtings here in NYC men love long and/or big hair..... IMO when men say long hair is too "high maintenance" it speaks to how insecure they are about you getting looks/attention from other men and when they approach a woman with this characteristic that they think it will take alot to keep her in terms of money spent for a certain lifestyle (also super insecure and passive/beta a true alpha male wouldn't carry on like this)

I know of men who also think its important that a woman be happy with the way her hair looks and that its healthy looking no matter what the length and that's fine to me.

I have had men regularly tell me they like my natural hair and they seem impressed when they see the length when its flat ironed.

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Its women that put this hair pressure on each other. It's dumb. Well maybe the guys I date/associate with.

Every man I've ever dated never gave a rats behind how long it was. Matter of fact, I got so much play with my very kinky TWA I was nervous to go outside at one point! :lachen: J/k...sorta... they were kinda coming out the wood works tho when it was 1-2". Crazy!

Last edited:

Straighthoodtea

Maaaan I really hope long hair doesn't turn off guys thinking that we're high maintainence. That revelation just kinda pissed me off. :perplexed

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Maaaan I really hope long hair doesn't turn off guys thinking that we're high maintainence. That revelation just kinda pissed me off. :perplexed

Lol I have heard many guys say that they can tell a woman who takes care of herself by her long hair. I guess it's different for some men.

southerncitygirl

Straighthoodtea

If a man thinks that about you, who cares? He's not the right one for you anyhow. You should have no desire to want to be with an insecure man who wants you to tone yourself down. They should accept you as you are:yep:

Straighthoodtea

southerncitygirl You're right. It's just that insecurity is so completely unwarranted. And there's some women out there married to these idiots! Just makes me sad. How does one make such a silly association? LOL!!! Crazy. Thank God I have more sense than that.

southerncitygirl

@Straighthoodtea

Girl we would go crazy trying to figure the rationale of much that people do in this crazy, kooky world:lol:....

:look:Many of the conclusions men come to make no sense to me and they are supposed to be more logical than us :rolleyes:

As I get older think/know women are far, far more intelligent than men are willing to give us credit for:yep:

Mz.MoMo5235

Most men dont care really. I've had tlb length hair and been bald. Neither got me more or less attention. Just different types of comments of aspiration to get in them chonies lol

On a serious though, even the guys I'm friends with say hair only matter when it looks a hot mess and a mans version of hot mess is at a lower level than ours... Trust :lol:

Shelew

I think most men will say that it does not matter. But let someone walk in the room with their real hair to the booty, the initial reaction of awe is the real answer.

Anticipatience08

UMMMM Okay they question here is why is he telling you what OTHER guys will think when he's your husband. He's the ONLY guy! He's being insecure. He thinks you having longer hair will pull you away from him and give you other "options" Help him understand that's it's just a hobby and does not effect your self perception or self worth. Make him understand that he is the ONLY man. And that him being supportive of your habit makes you feel like he loves you and accepts you no matter what!

I think you may be reading into it too much :lol:

He definitely isn't concerned with what other men think of my hair. We discuss men, women, and relationships because that's part of our side hustle together. That's why we were talking about what other men think about hair.

Anticipatience08

I thought the convo hubs and I had was funny, and I was interested in hearing what other LHCFers have experienced or heard from the men in their lives. And just as I thought...the opinions are all over the place :lol:

His opinions on my hair are definitely not coming from a place of insecurity, though. It was more about his opinion that women should grow their hair down to their butts if that's what they want, not because they think that's what all men want--not every man is attracted to Rapunzel. His thoughts went to clogged drains, loooong strands of hair around the house, my hair getting caught in doorways, other silliness LOL

We've been together for 7 years now, and I wear a 36DDD bra. If anything may make him uneasy, it should be the amount of attention I've gotten over the years from being so busty with a smaller frame. He's never suggested that I should get a reduction despite all the boob-hub bub I've gotten. So some long hair shouldn't cause any problems. I'mma do what I want, and he supports it. He just says do it for me, not for him, because he loves me as is. Meanwhile, I'm crying about having APL hair LOL :grin: