Menstruation & Natural Hair

snookes

Does your hair shrink during your period? Mine does & it's like it loses it's length (like I've had a hair cut lol) when stretched and looks thin & limp. I absolutely hate it during this time.

I hope it's not just me this happens too

VictoriousBrownFlower

hmmmmm......interesting

i know hormones do play a role in the formation of curls. i've heard of hair getting looser as u get older but never during menstration. super interesting. i hope others chime in if this happens to them.

metro_qt

i am on mine right now,
and to be honest,
it is pretty shrunken... but I just thought that it's because it's been raining and very moist and humid the past few days.
Also, during my period is when i do the least to my hair, so I also would have assumed it's shrunken because it's in it's driest, most
unmoisturiized time... I try and moisturize in the mornings, but my hair is so dryyyyyyyy right now.

Damaris.Elle

Interesting...I've thought about this too in the past. I've been wearing partial sew-ins for the past few months, but when I had all my natural hair out I had wash days twice a month. I noticed that if I had a wash day shortly after my period had ended/while my period was going on, it seemed like I had more shed hair. I didn't notice more shrinkage, but there seemed to be more hair in the comb.

snookes

i am on mine right now,
and to be honest,
it is pretty shrunken... but I just thought that it's because it's been raining and very moist and humid the past few days.
Also, during my period is when i do the least to my hair, so I also would have assumed it's shrunken because it's in it's driest, most
unmoisturiized time... I try and moisturize in the mornings, but my hair is so dryyyyyyyy right now.
Well mine is limp shunken & just does not behave right during this time. Thanks anyway