Mentally Challenged Worshipping JESUS

metamorfhosis

I went to a church service tonight and there was a mentally challenged man there who was about 35 years old. When the praise and testimony part of the program started, he stood up and said something. I couldn't understand a word he said.

So the program progressed and I looked his way and saw him giving what seemed like his all to praising and worshipping GOD. He wasn't doing what the other people did, he had his own style of worship. He seemed so sincere--so real. I thought it was so beautiful and became full. GOD must have been smiling down upon him.

Then I thought about myself, others in the Body of Christ, and some of the most brilliant women on LHCF who have their full mental facilities. Here we can fully utilize our brains, understand our relationship with GOD, understand what it means to worship the LORD, and can coherently communicate with HIM. And yet we sometimes don't really give it up for HIM.

Just a thought.....

fattyfatfat

Amen!!! I work with an adults with developmental disabilities. One of them is allllllways in church. He may not be able to read the bible or remember the songs, but his faith in the Lord is more than enough.

KAT25

That really touched me, and when he goes to heaven he will no longer have those mental challenges it is so sweet.

divya

Thank you for sharing...

There is one young man in my church who is mentally challenged, and it's beautiful to see and hear him worship. You can hear him singing, and see the joyful expression on his face. He's also always friendly and kind...always greets you will a Happy Sabbath and a smile.

That really touched me, and when he goes to heaven he will no longer have those mental challenges it is so sweet.

Amen!

kayte

I was moved, too.... I can't articulate why.....but I was so grateful you posted this Metamorfhosis..thank you.......:)