Question Mention Feature?

cutenss

I cannot seem to get my mentions either. It tells me I have some, but when I check, there is none :nono:

Nonie

manter26 and ajoke, I'm guessing you mean if you go to "notifications" and then scroll down to mention and still don't see any new mentions? If that's the case, you can do an advanced search for @yourname and then set the time span to "since last visit" and you should see any new mentions that didn't send alerts.

Hope that helps.

Linxnme

@manter26 and @ajoke, I'm guessing you mean if you go to "notifications" and then scroll down to mention and still don't see any new mentions? If that's the case, you can do an advanced search for @yourname and then set the time span to "since last visit" and you should see any new mentions that didn't send alerts.

Hope that helps.

Nonie where is 'notifications' because I swore I saw it before and I don't see it now. I thought it was under quick links.

Nonie

Linxnme, Notifications are at the top of the screen. And if you click on the down arrow you see what it is you've got notifications for. Even though I don't have any mentions, if I click on "mentions" in the dropdown list, I can go to them:

Attachments

• notifications.JPG
    notifications.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 11

Nonie

Otherwise Linxnme you can just go to your profile by clicking on your name and then among the tabs for Stats, About Me, etc there are double arrows that show you more tabs and one of those is for Mentions. You can see from the image below, when I hold my mouse over the double arrows that I've circled in red, then it shows me that a tab for blogs and one for Mentions is hidden. You can access mentions by going to the Mentions tab:

Attachments

• Mentions.JPG
    Mentions.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Mentions Tab.JPG
    Mentions Tab.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Linxnme

@Nonie Thx girl. I think what the problem in why I did not see it was if I have no active notifications (like now) I don't see the notifications bar at the top. When I first logged on, it was there but when I clicked on it and went to the mentions page it disappeared.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
sorry if this has been asked, but how do I turn mentions off? I don't even want to see them on my account at all. It seems like when i leave a group, that's when everybody wants to mention me. Yet when I try to be active I'm ignored. The usual in real life.