Mesh Rollers.

shtow

Congrats...now...whatyado? :look: :grin:

All I did was set with Joico leave in detangler and diluted elasta qp foam wrap. I used clips to hold the rollers in place. I only used 18 rollers which was way less than the greys (I got a big head). Then I took the rollers out and sealed with EVCO. Thats it! The process took less than 2 hours!:drunk:

eshille

Wire mesh rollers are the best to use imo. I've used the plastic mesh and the wire mesh and I love the wire mesh soooo much more because of the sturdiness.

I've tried magnetics and I just can't get the roller tight enough w/the clips. I LOVE using the pins because you can control the tension. It takes practice and it's really hard to explain but there is a huge thread on mesh rollers. If you guys do a search, you'll find. If I have some time, I will post the link to the thread.

Anyhoo, I don't use end papers and never have. The first time I used mesh rollers, I had dry ends. Then I learned a tip from one the posters (clrsweetie-sorry if I messed up her name) here to use a little oil or serum (I was using either olive oil or fantasia ic olive oil serum) on your soaking wet ends right before placing the hair on the roller. Since then, no more crunchy ends. With my last rollerset two weeks ago, I forgot to put oil or serum on my ends and my ends still were soft and super hydrated. I believe it had to do with the new leave-in that I've been using for the past few weeks(AG fast food Leave on conditioner) since it is the only leave in that keeps my hair hydrated from root to tip. Anyhoo, good luck!

ETA: I've never had crinkling or the mesh pattern being left on my hair when using the wire mesh rollers. I always have smooth sets w/wire mesh rollers. When I used plastic mesh in the past, there were some crinkling/mesh patter left on my hair but it wasn't bad nor was my hair dry or breaking as a result. I would just wrap my hair to smooth them out. Nonetheless, I use wire mesh rollers now and I don't have that "issue" any longer.

I've only seen the plastic mesh over wire.

Are the wire mesh rollers sold @ sally's?

TIA

shtow

Re: Mesh Rollers. UPDATED WITH PICS!

Here is the result. The photos where I have on the red shirt are the result of wrapping the hair after sealing for an hour (no saran wrap or scarf).

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

Hey shtow,

You set came out really pretty! So glad you like mesh rollers. I love them alot too but now I'm hooked on the hard mesh rollers like http://http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=mesh+hair+rollers

I especially love using them when I'm really far into my stretch, the make my new growth so smooth and like you said it cuts the drying time in half. I only use magnetics the first 7 weeks after my relaxer.

http://www.nextag.com/Hair-Care--a-Styling+Tool+Type-_-Rollers--zz2700070z1zBkz5---html

Last edited:

eshille

Hey shtow,

You set came out really pretty! So glad you like mesh rollers. I love them alot too but now I'm hooked on the hard mesh rollers like http://http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=mesh+hair+rollers

I especially love using them when I'm really far into my stretch, the make my new growth so smooth and like you said it cuts the drying time in half. I only use magnetics the first 7 weeks after my relaxer.

These rollers look exactly like the turq one's I have 'cept these are
silver looking. Sooooo...the outer mesh covering is plastic..right?

Apologize to all users, I've not seen wire mesh rollers before...:blush:

:grin::grin::grin:

Healthb4Length

These rollers look exactly like the turq one's I have 'cept these are
silver looking. Sooooo...the outer mesh covering is plastic..right?

Apologize to all users, I've not seen wire mesh rollers before...:blush:

:grin::grin::grin:

Eshille, they are hard plastic almost like magnetics but not quite. They are also textured, not rough but not smooth like magnetic, they have little horizontal lines or grooves throughout.

This has a better description http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/meshrollers.html

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Wow Shtow! Your hair came out fantastic, way better than mine. I wonder what I did wrong? And your's came out so straight too! Dang, you need to do a tutorial girl, cause I have obviously got it all wrong! Love the shine!

Ok, the rollers I had talked about earlier that my hairdresser used were not the ones you used. I have ones just like yours except mine are brown, and they were the biggest size I could find. I'm definitely gonna try it next time with the clips. Your hair looks so good!

shtow

Wow Shtow! Your hair came out fantastic, way better than mine. I wonder what I did wrong? And your's came out so straight too! Dang, you need to do a tutorial girl, cause I have obviously got it all wrong! Love the shine!

Ok, the rollers I had talked about earlier that my hairdresser used were not the ones you used. I have ones just like yours except mine are brown, and they were the biggest size I could find. I'm definitely gonna try it next time with the clips. Your hair looks so good!

Thank u! I honestly don't know why mines came out so good cuz I could not roll them tight. The placement was tight with the clips but I just knew it was gona turn out bad!
I think they were the same brand cuz I looked on the back of the bag and they had pics of the sizes and the biggest size were brown. They are made by anne.

Last edited:

LivingDoll

Question y'all...i bought some wire mesh rollers last weekend. I paid $2.99 a pack..that seemed really expensive to me. What did you guys pay?

shtow

I am way too lazy to be messin with end papers lol But my ends do have product on them, just not a lot. I apply my product to the length of my hair before detangling and after that, I only re wet with water.