MHM Hangout

Holla4mom

Yay, I caught up on all the posts.

My regimen is pretty simple right now:
1. Clay step (overnight)
2. Rinse in morning and apply FSG diluted gel with applicator bottle, shake, plop and go.
3. CLCT every two weeks

I replaced my Ca Bentonite with Na Bentonite in the last couple of weeks, because my hair was getting dried out and more breakage. Now, my hair is super soft, but fluffier (less defined). @faithVA , I'm going to head out soon and get some more Ca Bentonite and mix them. I think that will work better for me.

My clay mix includes Irish Moss and Slippery Elm, so it's very conditioning and easy for detangling, so no conditioner in my regimen until I do the CLCT.

I add Irish moss and Slippery Elm to the FSG too so no crunch but good hold. My shrinkage is 80% or more so it's crazy and I may be going back to some stretched styles soon, and sometime this Fall will get back to my wigs. @AbsyBlvd I still don't understand how you get so much hang time from your curls!

Last edited:

faithVA

Hello, fellow MHM'ers. I'm catching up on posts as I have been missing in action forever!

I do have pics and am happy to share that I had enough curl definition to start wearing my hair in wash and go styles! I don't have my technique down perfectly and I'm far from root to tip curl definition all over, but to be able to rinse out the clay, put my diluted fsg on in an applicator bottle and just shake and go (i.e. Anthony Dickey style) has been great and something I could have never, ever imagined on this super tight 4c hair. So thankful for the regimen and this hangout here!

The first pic is pretty wet, the second pic is basically dry. I see progress!View media item 128443View media item 128445
It gave me an error when I tried to view your pictures.

davisbr88

I'd like to hangout here while I'm trying to figure out what Im doing with this head :)

1. Which regimen are you doing?
A really modified version. I am wary of using only baking soda and conditioner to clarify, so I made changes.

2. When did you start the regimen?
Last week.

3. How often do you do the method?
I did it twice last week, and I will continue.

4. Benefits seen so far
The cherry lola is AMAZING. It made my DC actually WORK again. Ever since my hair became lo-po, it just doesn't seem to want to get conditioned. My hair felt amazing after a DC for the first time in at least a year. My hair dries much quicker, too. My style of choice is a braid out, and usually that meant over 24 hours to dry because I usually only do 2-3 braids. My hair actually dried almost 100% overnight after I did this regimen, it was really defined, and I didn't have to use gel, which is crazy.

6. Starting Photo
Will upload later.

8. List your steps and products.
Sunday or Monday:
Clarify - Modified Cherry Lola Treatment (~5 oz canned organic coconut cream, 1/2 tb liquid aminos, 1/2 tb baking soda).
Condition - Oyin Honey Hemp (UA)
Mud - Rhassoul + water + coconut/castor oil (US)
Leave-in - Diluted Oyin Hair Dew (US)
Seal - Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade (UA)

Thursday or Friday:
Clarify - Oyin Grand Poo Bar (UA)
Condition - Oyin Honey Hemp (UA)
Mud - Rhassoul + water + coconut/castor oil (US)
Leave-in - Diluted Oyin Hair Dew (US)
Seal - Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade (UA)

I also refresh my hair in between wash days as needed with Oyin Juices & Berries (UA) and more pomade. If needed, I may also lay my edges down with Curls Blueberry Control Paste (UA).

GGsKin

I did a CLCT today (I used dubai dee's recipe of half plantain, half banana, half avocado, yoghurt, molasses, honey, ACV and baking soda). I'd mixed some up for a friend yesterday, and didn't want it to go to waste when she turned up with crochet braids in her hair smh.

On application, my hair was super tangly (not used to this). Hmmm... I did it on dirty hair and it could be because I didn't detangle after day 5 of my wash and go- at least I am hoping that is the reason. Anywho, I followed up with a clay mix, oil rinse and gel as usual.

LavenderMint

Today I shampooed with Kinky Curly Come Clean to get off the CR butter and any oil residues.
Followed up with the Crece Pelo Conditioner. LOVE the clean scent of that and the fact that I'll be able to get at least 3 or 4 more uses out of it.
Clay (total of about 5 tablespoons) with SAA but no oils, applied right on top of conditioner.
I didn't dilute my leave-in or gel nearly as much this time and my results are SO. DIFFERENT. I'm going to need to perfect my product application technique- as is evidenced by the fuzzy roots. In this pic, hair is still wet five hours after finishing product application but this is NICE.image.jpg

LavenderMint

I did a CLCT today (I used dubai dee's recipe of half plantain, half banana, half avocado, yoghurt, molasses, honey, ACV and baking soda). I'd mixed some up for a friend yesterday, and didn't want it to go to waste when she turned up with crochet braids in her hair smh.

On application, my hair was super tangly (not used to this). Hmmm... I did it on dirty hair and it could be because I didn't detangle after day 5 of my wash and go- at least I am hoping that is the reason. Anywho, I followed up with a clay mix, oil rinse and gel as usual.

Have you ever done the regular CLT? if so, do you see a difference in results between the CLT and the CLCT? I've never done the caramel treatment but liked how my hair felt after the regular one.

GGsKin

Have you ever done the regular CLT? if so, do you see a difference in results between the CLT and the CLCT? I've never done the caramel treatment but liked how my hair felt after the regular one.

I've never done the regular CLT. I liked how my hair responded initially but I haven't noticed anything that makes me want to use it over a commercial protein now. Not sure if it's the baking soda that makes my hair feel tangy, but I have a feeling. I didn't have this issue earlier in the regimen.

Holla4mom

I did Dubaidee's CLCT recipe too, everything but the plaintain. It actually went really well, much better than when I left out the avocado last time.

I agree the tangling could be because she hadn't detangled in 5 days. Mine would be pretty tangled.

astralpeck

Today is hair day. Have any of you tried coconut cider vinegar? It's supposed to be less drying than acv. Anyhow I have that on my head for 30mins, then will dc with CR algae renew for 10-15mins, then clay (either terresentials or sodium bentonite, depending on my laziness) and then will be experimenting with something new today; an oil rinse next, and then no leave in, just my kccc. Has any one experimented with an oil rinse not pre poo doing this regimen?

astralpeck

@astralpeck I oil rinse after my clay with grapeseed and sunflower oils. Been doing it since I started the modified regimen earlier this year.
Thanks @AbsyBlvd I definitely like the wet results so far. However, I am a little anxious about what the dry results will be like tomorrow, since I just felt a little oil drip down my neck, meaning that as much as I rinsed, it still may not have been enough to rinse off 90% of the oil. Any tips on how you do your rinse or how much oil you use to avoid greasiness for my next wash? Thanks. Here is a pic if my damp hair

Attachments

• 1443555149340-183822652.jpg
    1443555149340-183822652.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 30

GGsKin

@astralpeck I don't use very much. I pour some grapeseed oil into the palm of my hand and work it into my length (I roughly do 4 sections), then I'll pour some sunflower oil into my palm and dip my ends. Then I'll lightly rinse so that I don't remove it all. I'm more inclined to get water/gel dripping than oil. I've just finished water rinsing now (oil rinsed and gelled) and although my neck is a little wet, nothing is dripping. Never feels greasy either.

Last edited:

davisbr88

I have to get rid of my beloved Oyin Honey Hemp. I thought I was imagining things but I would always start sneezing and my eyes would start burning/turning red whenever I used it. But then I read that a few other people experienced the exact same things so I need to chuck it. I'm so sad. It was such a good conditioner that my hair finally loved for instant and deep conditioning with this regimen. And I got the huge bottle of it, too *pouring out for the big homie*
I am going to pick up the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey conditioner to see if it can be a decent replacement. SM hasn't typically done anything for my hair, but I am willing to try it again since the CLT is making previous sucky conditioners (Honey Hemp!) work really well.

davisbr88

Wash day is tomorrow. I am going to try steaming with Juices & Berries as a DC (although who knows if that will work) before I spend more money on Shea Moisture.
Also I am planning to pick swimming back up 3x per week so I don't know what that will mean for this regimen. I imagine baking soda and clay might have an effect on chlorinated hair...

faithVA

Wash day is tomorrow. I am going to try steaming with Juices & Berries as a DC (although who knows if that will work) before I spend more money on Shea Moisture.
Also I am planning to pick swimming back up 3x per week so I don't know what that will mean for this regimen. I imagine baking soda and clay might have an effect on chlorinated hair...
You should be fine with the clay. I would skip the baking soda if you plan to swim.

LavenderMint

Just a note on something I found yesterday.
If you're looking for clay or leave-in additives like marshmallow root, slippery elm, etc. find out if there is a metaphysical store near you. If you're ok with going in, it's highly likely that they will have a large amount of herbs packaged for sale. I went in a shop and was in love with the wall of herbs. I only bought marshmallow root to steep for addition to my clay but they had a LOT of stuff and I will be going back next week after my haircut.

astralpeck

@astralpeck I don't use very much. I pour some grapeseed oil into the palm of my hand and work it into my length (I roughly do 4 sections), then I'll pour some sunflower oil into my palm and dip my ends. Then I'll lightly rinse so that I don't remove it all. I'm more inclined to get water/gel dripping than oil. I've just finished water rinsing now (oil rinsed and gelled) and although my neck is a little wet, nothing is dripping. Never feels greasy either.

Thank you. Yeah this was an epic fail for me. I used too much oil and it didn't come out. Evwrytime i touched the hair, pil would be on my fingers. Had to wash the hair the next day to get rid of it. I may revisit in the future. Not sure yet. Thanks

astralpeck

@AbsyBlvd I just went to stalk all your posts to see exactly what you do, cos I really looooooove your hair! It seems like you style your hair in wash and gos or wigs. You also now do modified mhm, with clay and oil and diluted gel. How frequently do you wash/refresh? How frequently do you do other things like DC, clt, protein etc. Basically, if you can pls give me or direct me to a detailed detailed run down of your routine, i would be geateful. :) I feel like since I started the regimen, my hair has gotten thinner, partly because anytime I so much as rinse or touch my hair I see little coils in the bath tub. I do my hair 2ce, sometimes 3ce a week.

GreenEyedJen

Hey ladies! I just started coming back to the Hair Board about a month ago. I moved back up north from FL and I got Dominican Blowouts twice in seven months. The change in weather and extreme heat really did a number on my hair. I was almost spoiled in FL, the moisture in the air coupled with no harsh winters made me forget how fragile and fine my hair really is. Decided to try this MHM. I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep going, but it did give me some good definition so far.

Join/Start by Posting

1. Which regimen are you doing? Pinkecube MHM?, DubaiDees Modifed MHM?, AketaFitgirls Original?, DanaB? Other? Please describe..
Pinkecube. I started with the traditional Cherry Lola Treatment, then did everything else as described.
2. When did you start the regimen?
Saturday, September 26th.
3. How often do you do the method?
I've only done it twice so far, stretching the first one over two days. I'll probably do it every three days or so. It takes a lot of effort for me. I'm not a kitchen beautician.
4. Benefits seen so far
Coils and curls for days. My wash and go has held up for three days so far. Movement once the crunchiness from the gel goes away (I need to dilute the gel more, I think).
5. Anything else you would like to share.
I used some unapproved products on my first round. Going to use all approved products from now on. I have a ton of questions but I've only read through ten pages of the thread. I'm gonna try to get through much more before I start posting regularly. Also, the baking soda irritated my scalp, but I got really great definition from the CLT. I'm planning on alternating between ACV and BS washes but if it continues to irritate my scalp, I might just save the BS for my CLTs, maybe every month or two.
6. Starting Photo
7. Current Picture if you have one.
8. List your steps and products. New comers may find this helpful when looking at products and modifications.
1st Round:
1. Cherry Lola Treatment
2. Diluted Curl Junkie Deep Fix (UA)
3. Bentonite/Honey/Olive Oil Clay Mix
4. Diluted Curl Junkie Deep Fix (UA)
5. Curl Junkie Curls In A Bottle (UA)
2nd and Subsequent Rounds:
1. Diluted ACV or Baking Soda Mix (alternate each round)
2. Diluted KCKT
3. Bentonite/Honey/Olive Oil Clay Mix
4. Diluted KCKT or CJ Beauticurls Leave-In
5. KCCC or UFD Curly Magic (US)

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I'm going for the full MHM monte today. currently sitting with my CLT on. Plan to DC with a combo of NG conditioners and some oils. Rhassoul mixed with honey and a splash of ACV. I think I'm going to air dry stretched and then put my twists back in. I love this hair journey.

LavenderMint

@AbsyBlvd I just went to stalk all your posts to see exactly what you do, cos I really looooooove your hair! It seems like you style your hair in wash and gos or wigs. You also now do modified mhm, with clay and oil and diluted gel. How frequently do you wash/refresh? How frequently do you do other things like DC, clt, protein etc. Basically, if you can pls give me or direct me to a detailed detailed run down of your routine, i would be geateful. :) I feel like since I started the regimen, my hair has gotten thinner, partly because anytime I so much as rinse or touch my hair I see little coils in the bath tub. I do my hair 2ce, sometimes 3ce a week.
LOL!!!!! I am so glad I'm not the only one!! :yep: