MHM Hangout

Adiatasha

No pics. My coils were so defined with the clay in. When I rinsed I'm left with nothing but a mass of hair. But they are in there. I think they just need something heavy to weigh them down. By the time I finished with the clay I just wanted to be done. Too tired to fool with gel even if I wanted to.

Which technique are you using?

faithVA

Which technique are you using?
I pretty much follow Dubaidee method. I separate the coils when the clct is in and also detangle. Left it in for about 2 hours with the last hour under a plastic cap.

Used a semi watery clay and saturate each section. Then I go through and fi get comb each section taking a small section at a time.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I haven't done a CLCT in many moons...I think I'll give it another go oppose to commercial protein treatments. I'm not trying to get coils but it would be nice if they're more pronounced before I twist my hair up again.

beingofserenity

Gave up on mhm. Tired of the frequent washing. Don't think it made a difference in my hair. Clay washing still works well for me. Not sure still about conditioner.

hairtimes5

I've been incorporating weekly steaming back into my regimen. Last week my order of NG herbal blends hadn't arrived yet so I used SM JBCO treatment masque and OMG! my hair felt the best it's ever felt. It had me wishing I could cancel the NG order but it had already shipped. Fast fwd to this morning and I steamed with the herbal blends and while my hair is soft, it is extremely poofy looking. I had mentioned a while back that I thought I was over-conditioning my hair because my wngs would be real poofy. Lo and behold, it's not over-conditioning, it's the herbal blends. Ima get through these ones I ordered but afterwards I will be using the SM JBCO masque. I love it!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I've been incorporating weekly steaming back into my regimen. Last week my order of NG herbal blends hadn't arrived yet so I used SM JBCO treatment masque and OMG! my hair felt the best it's ever felt. It had me wishing I could cancel the NG order but it had already shipped. Fast fwd to this morning and I steamed with the herbal blends and while my hair is soft, it is extremely poofy looking. I had mentioned a while back that I thought I was over-conditioning my hair because my wngs would be real poofy. Lo and behold, it's not over-conditioning, it's the herbal blends. Ima get through these ones I ordered but afterwards I will be using the SM JBCO masque. I love it!
That is very interesting...I do love me some NG Herbal Blends. I didn't particularly care for the SM products but I have never tried the JBCO masque. I might have to give it a try.

faithVA

I got my TerraVeda Organix on Wednesday and trying it out tonight. I cowashed to detangle and then shampooed with Ion Hard Water Conditioner. I have the carmeltini in my hair now. I'm probably only going to get 2 uses out of this bottle. My hair isn't long but I have a lot of it. Also the size of my curls tends to force me to use more product than if my curls were larger or smoother.

The instructions say apply to root and then to hair. I think next time though I will apply it to my hair while in the shower and then do my roots. That way my hair will be very wet and I can smooth the product through better.

Sleeping in the carmeltini tonight and will rinse in the morning and put the mud in.

faithVA

I'm still trying to learn this tvo process so it took me forever. I had to keep reading the directions over and over. A few more times and I will get it. It's too new of a system for me to give a good review. I think the steps are manageable once I remember what they are and practice them a few times. I had a few waves after rinsing out the carmeltini but I didn't have any noticeable definition throughout the process. I could clearly see product and water just sitting on the service of my hair :nono: which is probably why my hair isn't hydrated.

I like the Apple Cleansing Cowash. This is something I would consider repurchasing if the whole system doesn't work for me. Since I don't have any definition the hair milk and the curl custard didn't do much for my hair as far as definition.

But I did end up with more manageable hair. After applying all the products I was able to run my fingers through my hair and position my hair for a puff. I usually cannot do that. Usually once I put in my stylers my hair is hard to move and I struggle to get my hair up into a puff.

It's been 3 hours and my hair is still wet but still soft. I'm going to let it completely dry and hope for the best.

The real test is my next full wash day to see if there is any improvement. She says that we should see improved hydration with each wash.

So far I'm feeling positive about my experience. Will update you again Xmas week.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm still trying to learn this tvo process so it took me forever. I had to keep reading the directions over and over. A few more times and I will get it. It's too new of a system for me to give a good review. I think the steps are manageable once I remember what they are and practice them a few times. I had a few waves after rinsing out the carmeltini but I didn't have any noticeable definition throughout the process. I could clearly see product and water just sitting on the service of my hair :nono: which is probably why my hair isn't hydrated.

I like the Apple Cleansing Cowash. This is something I would consider repurchasing if the whole system doesn't work for me. Since I don't have any definition the hair milk and the curl custard didn't do much for my hair as far as definition.

But I did end up with more manageable hair. After applying all the products I was able to run my fingers through my hair and position my hair for a puff. I usually cannot do that. Usually once I put in my stylers my hair is hard to move and I struggle to get my hair up into a puff.

It's been 3 hours and my hair is still wet but still soft. I'm going to let it completely dry and hope for the best.

The real test is my next full wash day to see if there is any improvement. She says that we should see improved hydration with each wash.

So far I'm feeling positive about my experience. Will update you again Xmas week.
I can't wait to see your update!

Cattypus1

All loced up...

I must have missed something...TVO?

Southernbella.

Hello ladies!

Join/Start by Posting
1. Which regimen are you doing? Pinkecube MHM?, DubaiDees Modifed MHM?, AketaFitgirls Original?, DanaB? Other? Please describe..

DD and I are using the Pinkecube method

2. When did you start the regimen?

Yesterday

3. How often do you do the method?

We've done the first day and plan to do day 2 in three days

4. Benefits seen so far

Moisture, easy detangling, and the techniques (watering down the product and applying it with a bottle) are so helpful and make it much easier to conditioner our hair (mine is coarse and dense WL, hers is fine and dense BSL)

5. Anything else you would like to share.

Just that I'm happy to have found this!

6. Starting Photo

7. Current Picture if you have one.

8. List your steps and products. New comers may find this helpful when looking at products and modifications.

1) cleanse with BS added to V05 strawberries and cream con (US) and water

2) Deep condition with Tressemme Naturals

3) clarify with Aztec Clay rinse

4) KKKT leave-in

5) KKCC

I'm going by the book for the first 7 days and then I'll definitely modify. This process is extremely long, especially on two heads. But it's definitely a keeper.

I'll be back with some blurry pics.

faithVA

I let my hair completely dry to see what it was like so I can know whether I am making progress in the future. It was completely dry by the morning and it had only shrunken a little bit. My ends were a bit frizzy but I was able to easily part my roots. I didn't want to wet my hair and have a wet head so I just twisted my hair for a twist out.

This evening I water rinsed and then used the max curl cream and put it in flat twist. I probably should have used one of the gels but I will see how it does with just the cream for now. I will do the leave-in/styler combination on next wash day. My hair was manageable and easy to style. My flat twist look pretty good.

faithVA

Hello ladies!

Join/Start by Posting
1. Which regimen are you doing? Pinkecube MHM?, DubaiDees Modifed MHM?, AketaFitgirls Original?, DanaB? Other? Please describe..

DD and I are using the Pinkecube method

2. When did you start the regimen?

Yesterday

3. How often do you do the method?

We've done the first day and plan to do day 2 in three days

4. Benefits seen so far

Moisture, easy detangling, and the techniques (watering down the product and applying it with a bottle) are so helpful and make it much easier to conditioner our hair (mine is coarse and dense WL, hers is fine and dense BSL)

5. Anything else you would like to share.

Just that I'm happy to have found this!

6. Starting Photo

7. Current Picture if you have one.

8. List your steps and products. New comers may find this helpful when looking at products and modifications.

1) cleanse with BS added to V05 strawberries and cream con (US) and water

2) Deep condition with Tressemme Naturals

3) clarify with Aztec Clay rinse

4) KKKT leave-in

5) KKCC

I'm going by the book for the first 7 days and then I'll definitely modify. This process is extremely long, especially on two heads. But it's definitely a keeper.

I'll be back with some blurry pics.
Welcome Southernbella. Glad to have you. Can't wait to see these beautiful photos.

faithVA

I cowashed with the TVO Apple Cleansing Cowash. I used the max curl cream as my leave-in and sealed with the curl custard. I did better at using the appropriate amount of product. My hair still looks like mush but it feels pretty good. It's really easy to part and twist my hair.

I really should be air drying but I'm trying to do flexi rods in the front and flat twist in the back. I don't have enough time for them to dry before morning so I'm under the dryer on the high-cool setting. This is a good test of the product for my sets.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I know this is the first time I've seen my hair in years and that I have to get used to it being loose again.......
BUT is anyone else seeing a hair color change? My hair was never "black" but now it's headed towards a noticeable dark brown.
Is it the clay/acv combo?
My hair was always really brown and I had some lighter brown highlights when I was relaxed and I though it was the relaxer which was lightening my hair. Turns out, my hair really is this crazy muddy brown color with reddish-brown highlights and now I have gray which makes it a really yucky dusty brown mixed with gray.

faithVA

I know this is the first time I've seen my hair in years and that I have to get used to it being loose again.......
BUT is anyone else seeing a hair color change? My hair was never "black" but now it's headed towards a noticeable dark brown.
Is it the clay/acv combo?
Perhaps your hair is more hydrated. Hydrated hair looks darker than air that is not.

When my hair is not hydrated it is a Sandy reddish brown. When it it is hydrated it is a dark brown. I can tell when my hair is drying out by noticing the color change.

GGsKin

My hair was a lot darker (1-1b) in my teens, pre relaxer. Now (and for some years) it is brown.

It was brown before the regimen but earlier in the year I did wonder if the ACV was lightening the colour (I was clay washing and ACV rinsing a lot so I think it was). I couldn't make a proper judgement though since I used henna once and couldn't tell how much either process affected my hair colour.

Southernbella.

You have an app for LHCF??

No I think she meant using the website on her phone.

Yes I meant the site.

Welcome Southernbella. Glad to have you. Can't wait to see these beautiful photos.

Thank you!

So I'm starting from sahara, if that gives you an idea of how dry my hair was.

This is wet no product in day 1 (after the first mhm cycle)

This is wet no product on day 2

I know I have a little heat damage so this is looser than it should be. I'm hoping the clarifying process gets me back a little of the tightness I lost, especially at the ends.

I'm starting day 3 shortly. I know it will be worth it to have hydrated hair. My hair FEELS so much better than it normally does. I feel like I've finally found the answer to the question of what my hair really needs.

faithVA

Yes I meant the site.

Thank you!

So I'm starting from sahara, if that gives you an idea of how dry my hair was.

This is wet no product in day 1 (after the first mhm cycle)

This is wet no product on day 2

I know I have a little heat damage so this is looser than it should be. I'm hoping the clarifying process gets me back a little of the tightness I lost, especially at the ends.

I'm starting day 3 shortly. I know it will be worth it to have hydrated hair. My hair FEELS so much better than it normally does. I feel like I've finally found the answer to the question of what my hair really needs.
I can see the difference. There is less frizz, more definition and more clumping.

faithVA

I washed on Tuesday and wore the front curled Wednesday and Thursday. I just have the bags curled today. It held up pretty well but I can tell it's definitely wash day.

faithVA

This is my 3rd session with the TVO products. I cowashed with that Apple Cowash, used the Curl Max as a leave-in and then used the Gelee to put in my flat twist. I think I saw a few more curls but my hair shrunk up so much I couldn't tell. And I was in a rush so I didn't have time to let my hair dry loose to see what it looked like.

I do like the products so far. I can finger detangle with the cowash. And my hair is really easy to flat twist after I apply the leave-in and the styler. I need to give the products a good 60 day test before I give my final verdict.

If she has a sale after Christmas I am going to buy some more of the cowash since I'm still pretty heavy handed with it. I also want to try her twisting cream to see if I can get a good twist out.

I am hoping these products help me maintain moisture and therefore increase my retention.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I finally tried the rhassoul clay and I am in LOVE!! I like this clay alot better than the bentonite clay, well at least so far. I used 1/2 cup clay and 1 cup water. This was too much so next time I'll do less. My curls were defined and my scalp felt pretty good. I then DC over night.

I think the next time I mix the clay, I'll add the olive oil.