• Forum Upgraded: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/recent-forum-upgrade.849851/

Michigan Foolery: A Cannon At A Baby Shower. What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.


Michigan man killed when cannon used at baby shower explodes​

FEBRUARY 8, 2021 / 10:23 AM / CBS/AP

A 26-year-old Michigan man was killed in an explosion that occurred during a baby shower, according to Gaines Township authorities. A small cannon device that was fired in the backyard of a home by the homeowner blew up, spraying metal shrapnel that struck the man who was standing nearby.


The man was taken in serious condition to Hurley Medical Center in Flint, where he later died. The man has been identified as Evan Thomas Silva from Hartland, CBS affiliate WNEM reported.

Three parked cars and the garage where the baby shower was being held were also struck by shrapnel, the station reported. Michigan State Police said it is suspected the cannon gun powder in the device and caused the cannon to fracture.


WNEM, citing Michigan State Police, reports the cannon was purchased by the homeowner at an auction. The device had been fired by the homeowner several times before Feb. 6.

Telephone calls Sunday to Gaines Township authorities for additional information weren't immediately returned.

In recent years, some gender-reveal events - where devices eject confetti, balloons or other colored objects to announce a soon-to-be-born child's sex - have taken a dangerous turn.

In September, a couple's plan to reveal their baby's gender with blue or pink smoke sparked a wildfire that burned thousands of acres in Southern California. And in 2019, a homemade explosive used to reveal a baby's gender killed 56-year-old Pamela Kreimeyer in Knoxville, Iowa. The device was meant to spray powder but instead blew up like a pipe bomb.
 

dancinstallion

Well-Known Member
No one should care enough to risk their lives over finding out if the couple is having a boy or a girl. A Cannon?!!!!! Really!!!! Now a dead body!!!!

DS showed me a youtube video of this a few weeks ago and guess what it now has come true. People are so foolish.


 
Last edited:

Theresamonet

Well-Known Member
It’s interesting how as a society we have moved away from gender being so important. Everything is about being gender neutral. Except when it comes to these ridiculous parties, when suddenly gender is of the upmost importance, to the point of risking life and limb... As a collective, we are full of poo.
 

SoniT

Well-Known Member
And another one. This father-to-be from NY was killed after a device he was building for a gender reveal party exploded. Is it really that serious that people are risking their lives to reveal the gender of a baby?



A father-to-be from New York state has died after a device he was building for his child's gender-reveal party exploded, according to police.

Christopher Pekny, 28, was assembling the device in the town of Liberty when it exploded just before noon on Sunday.

Police said the blast killed Mr Pekny and injured his brother Michael Pekny, 27, who was taken to hospital.
 

cocosweet

Well-Known Member
View attachment 469595

It’s not a freak accident AT ALL when you’re building an explosive device. :spinning:

Its a freak accident when you’re walking down the street, minding your business, and an air conditioner falls on your head... And even that’s not the “freakiest of freak accidents”.
This is what can happen when you play with Literal. Explosives.


This is why explosives should be left to the professional. This isn’t the same as crafting your very own Gordon Gartrell shirt.
 
Top