Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DivaJones

My current length is APL
Ive been using MN since Feb 3, 2012. I think it contributed to my 3 inches in 2 months growth spurt.
Right now im using it mixed with a whip shea mix, JBCO, Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Glycerin, and rosemary oil.
I apply it every single day
I am RELAXING June 22, 2012:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Attachments

• IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

jessicarabbit

hey everyone i have a question. do you all think MN works better by itself or is it just as effective with other things added?
im temtped to mix it with some castor oil i just but today but im wondering if i get better results just using it straight from the tube.

anyways, for an update, i'll be going under wigs for the summer with plats or cornrows underneath. this will give me easier access to my scalp and less manipulation of my hair when i apply my MN.

NaiyaAi

hey everyone i have a question. do you all think MN works better by itself or is it just as effective with other things added?
im temtped to mix it with some castor oil i just but today but im wondering if i get better results just using it straight from the tube.

anyways, for an update, i'll be going under wigs for the summer with plats or cornrows underneath. this will give me easier access to my scalp and less manipulation of my hair when i apply my MN.
lindsaywhat

I've never used castor oil before, but I've seen plenty of posts in the original MN thread where people used it with castor oil. Also, I would guess that it would work better straight, but a lot of people mix it because it gives them headaches when applied straight.

jprayze

Everyone -- in the original MN thread, there is some talk about MN being drying, so please try to be proactive with that. I'm also in the HOTS, Oils, Sealing Challenge, so that helps...I use a variety of oils on my scalp and for sealing.

deedoswell

jprayze

Thanks so much!!! I did do exactly that. I took a pic then posted it to my desktop and then went into the advance part and clicked the paper clip (attachment) and nothing happens! I will try it again today.

deedoswell

IMAG0125.jpg

What is your current length?
APL

How long have you used in MN?
Need to buy some this week

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?
I've used it in the past and I used with a mixture of sulfur and other oils; this time I think I want to try it straight, maybe?

What frequency will you apply it?
2 x/week

Any other growth aids that you are using?
Multivitamin, biotin, HSN, fish oil, B12

Anything else you care to add:
Thanks for this challenge!

mamaore

Can I still join in the challenge?
SL on my shortest side.

I used it for 2 weeks before my TU

Mixed with Castor oil, Grapeseed oil and Elucence Conditioner

3 - 4 x/week in the evening

MSM, I should get back on my hempseed oil soon

I had headaches for a few days when I started using MN, I'm still uncertain whether it was MN that caused it or stress. I will monitor any side-effects this go around and update.
I will only be using MN on the left side of my head, my nape and edges. I need the left side to catch up with the right side.

Starting picture is in signature

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Following this Thread. Will Lurk.:look:

My plans are to Rotate it with some of the other stuff I'm using:

Mega-Tek (Original Formula)
Hair Trigger

I have some in my Stash and this Thread made me wanna gone & pull it out.:lol:

Wish You Ladies all the best. Will keep up with your Progress.:yep:

sheanu

deedoswell said:
APL

Need to buy some this week

I've used it in the past and I used with a mixture of sulfur and other oils; this time I think I want to try it straight, maybe?

2 x/week

Multivitamin, biotin, HSN, fish oil, B12

Thanks for this challenge!

Off topic: girl your bathroom looks lovely! And I see you with your shower filter! Your hair is beautiful as well lol. Idk why I noticed all that before I took in your hair :look:

EasypeaZee

Meeee!!

My current length is about 2-3 inches away from APL
I'm relaxed and I'm hoping to gain a few extra inches for the year and I'm very exciting! I was praying by August to be APL but I'm not sure if I can mange that... I don't really have a good picture for my start but here's an ok one:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1425731582.jpg
    image-1425731582.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 57
  • image-1502726727.jpg
    image-1502726727.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 55

Ms. Tiki

Hello ladies, I'm not in the challenge but I do use MN daily. Today I had to buy a new box for the week. I had to laugh at myself. I went to Family Dollar to buy it and accidentally slam the box down on the counter like I was proud to be buying coochie cream. Oh, I was waiting for the guy checking me out to say something. I was ready to tell him it's for my scalp not my cat. Where has my shame of buy such a cream gone? When I needed it for it's intended purpose I was ducking and dodging like I was on a secret mission. It is amazing what being hair obsessed will do to you. I'm like a crackhead. No shame in how I get my fix. Tis all!

Last edited:

Veeda

Hello Everyone.

I am a newbie and I read all 54 pages of the MN Challenge. That's all I've been doing at work for the past 3 days. LOL. I actually started on Sunday, the 29th. I brought Giant's brand of MN and mixed the entire tube into B&B Super Grow in the blue container. I had the dull headaches all day long on Mon, Tues and Wed. So, last night I went and brought Doo Gro Super Growth Hair oil and mixed almost half of that into my misture. Let's see if I have any headaches today. Last night I went to the Dollar Tree in Marlow Heights Shopping Center (in MD, PG County) and I brought 6 boxes of their vagie cream and 6 boxes of their athlete's feet cream. When I got to the register, the woman looked up at me and I know she was saying to herself, "What in the hell kind of infection she got?" LMBO. I was laughing so hard on the inside. I walked out the door with a big old smile and a big old secret. :). So, I am entering the challenge and her is my info:

What is your current length? Past Shoulders; longest part just past armpits.
How long have you used in MN? 4 days
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? entire tube of MN into entire jar of B&B Super Grow along with half a bottle of Doo Gro Super Growth Hair oil
What frequency will you apply it? Every night. Starting Sunday, May 6, morning & night.
Any other growth aids that you are using? No.
Anything else you care to add: I just brought the Doo Gro growth shampoo and deep conditioner that I will add to my regimen. Along with my every 6 week Afogee Treatments.

BTW, what do the abbreviations for the hair lengths mean(APL, etc)? Also, how do you post pictures?

Thanks so much Ladies!!!

jprayze

Veeda I live in the Baltimore area and I haven't been able to find it in the Dollar Tree. Guess I will keep looking. Good Luck with your new regi.

For posting pics, make sure you click on 'Go Advanced' and then click on the Paper Clip icon to upload pics.

Welcome!

deedoswell

sheanu

LOL - thanks!!! I often think when I'm taking a pic - "look around you" make sure what's in the room you don't mind be in the pic!!!

deedoswell

@ Ms TiKi

Too funny!!!!! By the way your hair is beautiful - nice and thick too!!! Do you think that is because of the MN or is it naturally thick? Anyway, its gorgeous.

Ms. Tiki

deedoswell Thank you so much:) My hair is naturally thick. Plus, I take biotin. That pic is from Jan. I wasn't using growth aides on a regular basis then. The MN has made my hair grow and my issue right now is hand in hair syndrome.

braidqueen

Hello ladies, I'm not in the challenge but I do use MN daily. Today I had to buy a new box for the week. I had to laugh at myself. I went to Family Dollar to buy it and accidentally slam the box down on the counter like I was proud to be buying coochie cream. Oh, I was waiting for the guy checking me out to say something. I was ready to tell him it's for my scalp not my cat. Where has my shame of buy such a cream gone? When I needed it for it's intended purpose I was ducking and dodging like I was on a secret mission. It is amazing what being hair obsessed will do to you. I'm like a crackhead. No shame in how I get my fix. Tis all!

hahahaha thats funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.