Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightEyedMami

Ok ladies heres a brief update on how I'm doing.... I a,m one week and four days post, I started applying my mix two days after my relaxer. When I relaxed I used designer essentials which made me bone straight... Well last night while was applying my mn I noticed the talltale signs of new growth. In total disbelief I ran to get my phone to take some pictures. Well after a lot of "no freaking ways" and making my entire household feel my scalp I've come to the conclusion that my hair is on mn crack and it's now growing faster than before....Idk if me refrigerator my mix but holy crap....
Congrats!!!! I see the growth :yep:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I think I will start using my MN mix on my nape and front of my head only. These areas are much shorter than the rest of my hair so MN may help the different layers unite without trimming.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

ManiiSweetheart

I've applied every day this week in the mornings when i M&S ..currently in mini twists.... I like them but i have the tiniest fear they will lock up soo i'll be taking them down over the weekend... maybe

nakialovesshoes

I really think that my MN/MSM mix is working. I had minibraids in for 2 wks 3 days & I had 1/2 inch of new growth. I'm on a small break, though. I took my braids out all last night & this morning so there was no need to apply. Then I'm gonna henna overnight tonight so again I won't be applying. I'm getting my hair done in a flat twist/cornrow style tomorrow & I'm trying to keep it & my scalp as fresh as possible for the weekend so I probably won't start back w/my mix until Sunday night.

afroette

1) the MN still gets me a weird kinda itchy feeling in my ears.

2) I will never again apply MN with my hair wet. Too much manipulation on wet hair ---> breakage

MsEveMarie

BBritdenise, just ordered this for about $8.50 plus free shipping on Amazon. Looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing.

I looove the medline antifungal cream...it's super moisturizing...and not embarrassing to purchase (altho it's only found online :( ...that's also the other downfall...it's ONLY found online). But it's awesome...I purchased it in bulk last year, but I'm not sure if those were as potent as the ones I purchase from Walgreens

Evolving78

I looove the medline antifungal cream...it's super moisturizing...and not embarrassing to purchase (altho it's only found online :( ...that's also the other downfall...it's ONLY found online). But it's awesome...I purchased it in bulk last year, but I'm not sure if those were as potent as the ones I purchase from Walgreens

i bought some today and was kind of embarrassed! :lol: but whatever! i looked like a dang bum anyway!

abioni

MsEveMarie, what brand did you buy from walgreens and why do you think the Medline brand may not be as potent?

jprayze

Ok ladies heres a brief update on how I'm doing.... I a,m one week and four days post, I started applying my mix two days after my relaxer. When I relaxed I used designer essentials which made me bone straight... Well last night while was applying my mn I noticed the talltale signs of new growth. In total disbelief I ran to get my phone to take some pictures. Well after a lot of "no freaking ways" and making my entire household feel my scalp I've come to the conclusion that my hair is on mn crack and it's now growing faster than before....Idk if me refrigerator my mix but holy crap....

That's awesome! Any changes to your regi?

jprayze

I think I will start using my MN mix on my nape and front of my head only. These areas are much shorter than the rest of my hair so MN may help the different layers unite without trimming.

Hi KiWiStyle, what a lot of people noticed is that no matter where they applied the MN, their hair grew all over. So even if you just put in the nape and front only, it will spread to your whole scalp.

jprayze

[USER=30119 said:
nakialovesshoes[/USER];16279961]I really think that my MN/MSM mix is working. I had minibraids in for 2 wks 3 days & I had 1/2 inch of new growth. I'm on a small break, though. I took my braids out all last night & this morning so there was no need to apply. Then I'm gonna henna overnight tonight so again I won't be applying. I'm getting my hair done in a flat twist/cornrow style tomorrow & I'm trying to keep it & my scalp as fresh as possible for the weekend so I probably won't start back w/my mix until Sunday night.

1/2 inch of new growth is GREAT!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
jprayze said:
Hi KiWiStyle, what a lot of people noticed is that no matter where they applied the MN, their hair grew all over. So even if you just put in the nape and front only, it will spread to your whole scalp.

Ordinarily this would be great news. Oh well, I'll take it.

SoopremeBeing

I've been bad, I haven't applied any in three days! It's been a crazy week, but I get a bit of a break tonight, so I will start applying again.

Mznelly

jprayze said:
That's awesome! Any changes to your regi?

Just the new mixture of mn mixed with my elasta QP and lots of yummy oils. I am really curious if my refrigerating my mix has anything to do with it but I'm just loving the outcome

ManiiSweetheart

I took my minis out last night and it was a mini disaster.... I had these 2 or 3 tangled knot balls that were so gross i just cut them off...they weren't that big so its okay. My mom took the cutting the knots harder than i did. talking about "But you all that time and effort you put into your hair?!?!" It'll grow back in a little while anyways. :drunk:

Mznelly

ManiiSweetheart said:
I took my minis out last night and it was a mini disaster.... I had these 2 or 3 tangled knot balls that were so gross i just cut them off...they weren't that big so its okay. My mom took the cutting the knots harder than i did. talking about "But you all that time and effort you put into your hair?!?!" It'll grow back in a little while anyways. :drunk:

You should have put conditioner on the knots it self and carefully detangle you could have saved the hair

nakialovesshoes

@nakialovesshoes How did you add MSM to your mix? Was it a powder?

NaiyaAi
Trimedica makes a MSM lotion. Here are the ingredients:
Deionized Water, MSM (15%), isopropyl myristate, stearic acid, hydrogenated vegetable oil, triethanolamine, fatty acids, methylparaben, propylparaben, allatoin, jojoba, rosemary, saponaria, espinosia, guaca, chamomile.

I mix one 4 oz bottle of the MSM lotion with one tube of Family Dollar brand MN & I also add drops of onion & garlic extracts. So far no dryness & no shedding.

NaturalfienD

Applying my MN mix tonight. I wish I would've measured my hair prior to installing my twist extensions because I am creating the possibility of growing 2 inches by the end of the challenge. :grin:

afroette

My hair has grown a lot in the 1.5 weeks I have applied MN. I fear though that my shedding, which had halted some, is returning. I adjusted my products recently, so I am going to see if that's the cause, rather than the MN.

MsEveMarie

@MsEveMarie, what brand did you buy from walgreens and why do you think the Medline brand may not be as potent?

abioni No It was the same exact brand, just different vendors. I found a site that sold them 12 in a case. Since I fell in love with the product when buying it from walgreens.com, I figured why not save and buy it in bulk. I didn't experience any significant growth. So I stopped with the MN for a few months. A Couple of weeks of ago I noticed I still had a tube left so I just used it up...the growth was phenomenal. Even tho the reason for most of the growth was b/c it was mixed with something I wouldn't recommend to anyone on this board.

In any case it may not have been the potency at all, I could have just plateaued on my MN growth wave. I think after a while the MN growth spurts stop (after about 2-3 months)...so it's prob. necessary to take a break...then restart, so that your scalp doesn't get used to it.

LightEyedMami

MsEveMarie, That is what i have heard too...I will take a 1 month break (mid august) because then i would have been taking it about 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.