Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mznelly

Hey ladies I went to the hair dresser today because I notice I had breakage and tons of split ends... I wanted to head this issue off before it turned into a full blown problem.. The stylist blew my hair out and got to work with every snip I felt like I was slowly dying..... I know it's JUST. Hair and it will grow back but it still hurt me nonetheless. So now i am APL or a little above it :( I just got home and threw it in a wrap so I don't even know where it reaches anymore I'll check later I guess

LightEyedMami

Hey ladies I went to the hair dresser today because I notice I had breakage and tons of split ends... I wanted to head this issue off before it turned into a full blown problem.. The stylist blew my hair out and got to work with every snip I felt like I was slowly dying..... I know it's JUST. Hair and it will grow back but it still hurt me nonetheless. So now i am APL or a little above it :( I just got home and threw it in a wrap so I don't even know where it reaches anymore I'll check later I guess
awww sorry to hear that, i know how it feels when you have to sacrifice length!...but it will be grown back in no-time :yep:

Mznelly

first one was before the rest are after
ForumRunner_20120706_160622.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120706_160648.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120706_160648.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 61
  • ForumRunner_20120706_160657.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120706_160657.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 56
  • ForumRunner_20120706_160755.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120706_160755.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 61

NaturalfienD

beauti said:
ladies please help.i have been to like 5 dollar stores,dollar general,etc and i dont see MN cream anywhere! All the coochie and antifungal creams they got have the ingredient clotrimazole(sp) not miconazole...so where are you finding your cooch creams,and is there anyone applying any other antifungal cream with good results? I almost bought that clotrimazole but um im scared of waking up bald.TIA

I purchase Monistat 7 from Walmart, I paid about $4/$5 for it … HTH ;)

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm temporarily abandoning MN. I thought I had this shedding under control but apparently not. I want to see if it is the MN causing it, I sure do hope not. Then again, at least I will know the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

Mjon912

Hi Ladies...I've miss you all! I'm 1 week post and ready to start using my MN mix again =) I'm currently prepooing over night and will wash deep condition and rollerset in the am..as soon as those rollers come out I'm putting my MN on! I'm using the monistat 7 day version...I got it at target on special for 9$ so you know I got two...I'm also going to try to apply my MN straight this time...I'm trying to make bsl by the end of the year and just made apl, thanks to MN...
ill post a new starting pic since I started using it before at like 9 weeks post so it was hard to get an accurate idea of how much growth I was getting... I'm rambling which shows my excitement lol...happy hair growing ladies

pinkness27

I'm late with my July 1st pic. Sorry! I have been using MN, MT, and jbco on the edges. July 21st will make it 5 months since I've been using MN

Do you guys see a difference?

Last edited:

afroette

Could you guys tell me if you think this is normal daily shedding? I have felt that my hair has shed this much, hence the current state of thinner hair. I have never had dense hair. Over the past weeks, before starting MN, I have noticed that my hair sheds whenever I put the nape into twists; oftentimes the shed hair is longer than the nape hair but somehow my hair falls to my nape maybe? That is, as I am twisting the nape hair into fat twists, when I get to the bottom of the twists the shed hair comes off. I thought the shedding had stopped after beginning biotin and garlic pills but since the beginning of last week this shedding has been going.

Anyway this is most of the hair that I noticed had shed today. One clump came from the right nape twist and one clump came from the left twist. I've been searching for noticeable thinner areas. I can't really tell.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 50

missyanne

thanks, I have castor oil and garlic oil in it, though not much.

Hmm, I might try this. Do you use another moisturizer then seal with the curl activator?[/QUOT

My MN mix already has castor and avocado oil. After I apply my mix I just spray with the activator all over especially the ends, when I remember I baggy. I also apply leave-in conditioner to the MN mix

Mznelly

afroette said:
Could you guys tell me if you think this is normal daily shedding? I have felt that my hair has shed this much, hence the current state of thinner hair. I have never had dense hair. Over the past weeks, before starting MN, I have noticed that my hair sheds whenever I put the nape into twists; oftentimes the shed hair is longer than the nape hair but somehow my hair falls to my nape maybe? That is, as I am twisting the nape hair into fat twists, when I get to the bottom of the twists the shed hair comes off. I thought the shedding had stopped after beginning biotin and garlic pills but since the beginning of last week this shedding has been going.

Anyway this is most of the hair that I noticed had shed today. One clump came from the right nape twist and one clump came from the left twist. I've been searching for noticeable thinner areas. I can't really tell.

I think that's excessive I only get two hair max shed hair daily

NaturalfienD

afroette said:

To me that picture is a normal day at the ranch. My hair sheds and it's more than the twenty or so strands in the photo. I only get alarmed when I notice that the strands are short/no white bulb cause it means I have breakage. Is that amount excessive than your usual breakage? When's the last time you did a protein treatment?

afroette

To me that picture is a normal day at the ranch. My hair sheds and it's more than the twenty or so strands in the photo. I only get alarmed when I notice that the strands are short/no white bulb cause it means I have breakage. Is that amount excessive than your usual breakage? When's the last time you did a protein treatment?

I did protein last weekend. I was shedding like this before but I also thought I had excessive shedding then, hence the thinning of my hair since I first relaxed in 2008.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

afroette,

I think that's a lot of hair for one twist but normal also depends on the individual and how long your hair is. Has this amount of hair been ongoing or just recent? How many twists do you have? I've been shedding too and it's way more than "MY" normal. I've also noticed that the longer my hair gets, the more I appear to shed. I try not to stress too much because we should shed upto 50-100 hairs per day anyway. My shedding is obvious, I'm finding them around the house, my daughter found one on her, her pillow. When I moisturize and fiinger detangle, several hairs easily slide out from one small area with just a slight touch. They have the white bulb on the end so I know it's shed hair; does these have the white bulb on the end?

afroette

KiWiStyle, i will occasionally have breakage (usually shorter lengths) but I think I usually usually see white bulbs. I finger detangle my hair first. It's possible that when I do that I draw my shed hair to the bottom of my hair. That hair came from two large twists of my entire nape. Maybe this is normal for me. I don't know. It seems like fewer than 50 strands, but it's alarming when so much comes off at once. Unless I am using a comb, I always shed in the back when I do those twists. It is SO peculiar.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am sorry I been MIA but I need to get back on this and use this MN up before the challenge is up.....

Just applied it to my edges.

jprayze

beauti said:
ladies please help.i have been to like 5 dollar stores,dollar general,etc and i dont see MN cream anywhere! All the coochie and antifungal creams they got have the ingredient clotrimazole(sp) not miconazole...so where are you finding your cooch creams,and is there anyone applying any other antifungal cream with good results? I almost bought that clotrimazole but um im scared of waking up bald.TIA

No clotrimazole...haven't heard good things.

jprayze

Mznelly said:

Same here! I can totally relate. Since I got my trim last Saturday, I don't even want to see where my hair reaches. :-(

LightEyedMami

I applied MN today, but i must admit my patience has grown short for MN, it gunks up my scalp! which means i have to wash more (and to much manipulation is a no-no for my hair :nono:) im now washing 3 times a week, but regularly i wash once weekly.... I may give it a month or 2 break starting in the middle of this month (instead of next month). I think in the fall i will tolerate a "gunky" scalp way better, then in this 100 degree weather :perplexed.

lovestarr

Slacked off the past 4 days but I did apply today. Picking up a tube of MN tomorrow and thinking of applying straight this time or with a bit of water. I also have been using scurl moisturizer to combat dryness and it really does work.

lovestarr

Just purchased Monistat and mixed the whole tube with 1tbs MT and 1tbs JBCO to stretch. Hopefully this will last me until the end of the month. I will try to apply every night again.

nakialovesshoes

I made a new mix yesterday. I accidentally bought liquid MSM instead of the MSM lotion so I mixed it with a tube of MN & added some bhingraj oil as well as my usual garlic & onion extracts.

afroette

Just purchased Monistat and mixed the whole tube with 1tbs MT and 1tbs JBCO to stretch. Hopefully this will last me until the end of the month. I will try to apply every night again.

lovestarr, do you apply daily? I feel that a tube last me only once a week. I do have a big head though, and I don't mix as much JBCO.

Mjon912

MJ checking in!!! Just applied my MN/Doo Gro/Sulfer8 mix for the first time in 2 weeks!... I'm excited to be back in and even though this challenge only goes until the end of the month Im going to continue using mn until sept...I keep daydreaming APL july1 BSL sept 12... Wishful thinking I know but I'm trying to be as close as possible By my 25 birthday =)

jprayze

Hey ladies! I'm doing 1 application per day versus 2x day to start gradually stepping down since I'm taking a break from MN at the end of this challenge. Trying to finish up this mix daily and then Will use every other day. After keep reducing usage

Status
Not open for further replies.