Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I still have been slacking! I just haven't had the time to apply my mix but I night take a break as well since I have my hair in a sew in and the way she braided my hair I cannot get to my scalp :/

ManiiSweetheart

Ran out of MN and i have to wait until Saturday to get some more... I'll still be using my mix though..just minus the MN .. i hope the other growth aids in it continue to show growth like the MN did

jprayze

Latest length check, just sharing to show how my hair currently looks. I actually got 2 trims in the last month (since the pic on the left). First one probably didnt take enough off. I think without MN, my hair would be even shorter now. Hoping to regain at least the length from left by end of month. I know I said I was going to do once daily but when I came home, I applied my mix.

Mznelly

After this challenge I plan on trying htge and giving my scalp a break from MN.. I also plan on trying hairfinity in conjunction with this anyone want to try htge aka hair trigger growth elixir. also looking for some hair buddies to inspire and motivate each other to our individual goals

LightEyedMami

I applied twice today, after moisterizing and sealing my hair.

P.S. Just wanted to inform you ladies that i have about 3 days of MN mix left, and after that is done i will not continue with MN.ill start back in the fall or winter)... i wish you guys happy hair growing!! :yep:

Mjon912

Mznelly I havnt tried HTGE but I want to, where do we get it and we can. Be buddies...Also I already take hairfinity...
LightEyedMami aww...is there any specific reason why your stopping, why not wait until the challenge ends at the end of the month and the take a break...either way HHG =)

Checking in...just applied my MN mix...I'm following NJoys advice and visioning myself at BSL by my birthday in sept... Going hard on my Reggie, growth aids and protective styling until then =)

deedoswell

Great job jpraze. definitely see progress and thickness!

here is my monthly update. I think that after this challenge I will stop using the MN for a few months and hopefully there will be another challenge (I need challenges ! :) ) and I will start using it again.

imag0125.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

First pic is June 8th and second pic is July 6th. Sorry, I am awful at taking pictures!:nono:

jprayze

here is my monthly update. I think that after this challenge I will stop using the MN for a few months and hopefully there will be another challenge (I need challenges ! :) ) and I will start using it again.

View attachment 159085

View attachment 159087

First pic is June 8th and second pic is July 6th. Sorry, I am awful at taking pictures!:nono:

Great progress in 1 month!!!:grin:

afroette

I can't believe I have so much growth after 3 weeks of MN, 4 weeks post. I don't know how I am going to get through anoter 6 weeks.

jprayze

Mznelly said:
After this challenge I plan on trying htge and giving my scalp a break from MN.. I also plan on trying hairfinity in conjunction with this anyone want to try htge aka hair trigger growth elixir. also looking for some hair buddies to inspire and motivate each other to our individual goals

I'm thinking about HTGE but I want to see some before and afters.

Mznelly

jprayze said:
I'm thinking about HTGE but I want to see some before and afters.

The maker of the oil is a member of Hairlista her name is lajours she currently has a challenge going on there. I want to try it regardless the ingredients in the oil is beneficial even without the accelerated growth rate. I've also always wanted to try the hairfinity vitamins, especially after this supposed trim this stylist gave me which I'm totally convinced she got scissor happy with, I need a jump start!

Last edited:

LightEyedMami

@Mznelly I havnt tried HTGE but I want to, where do we get it and we can. Be buddies...Also I already take hairfinity...
@LightEyedMami aww...is there any specific reason why your stopping, why not wait until the challenge ends at the end of the month and the take a break...either way HHG =)

Checking in...just applied my MN mix...I'm following @NJoys advice and visioning myself at BSL by my birthday in sept... Going hard on my Reggie, growth aids and protective styling until then =)
Well its gunky and a bit drying (so i would rather wait til the cooler months....and im stopping in a couple days because thats when my mix will be done, and i can avoid opening a new container.) I like MN so if there is a new challenge in the cold months i will join! :yep:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm the same if there's a new challenge in cold months I will join. I think I may get braids as well during that's time to make application process and washing my hair easier. I have another 2 weeks worth of my mix so I gotta get it on there before I stop for a bit.

eocceas

I pressed my hair June 19...Didn't quite make my goal of achieving WL for my b'day but I'm still pushing forward and pretty darn pleased with the results I got. I trimmed about an inch off that was long over due. I am now 2" away from waiste. I had to straighten ahead of schedule bc I was badly in need of a trim. But I will be buckling down and resuming my MN challenge this weekend and ps'ing for the rest of the year.

Attachments

• hair pic.jpg
    hair pic.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 60
  • hair pic2.jpg
    hair pic2.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 56
  • hair pic3.jpg
    hair pic3.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 55

LightEyedMami

I pressed my hair June 19...Didn't quite make my goal of achieving WL for my b'day but I'm still pushing forward and pretty darn pleased with the results I got. I trimmed about an inch off that was long over due. I am now 2" away from waiste. I had to straighten ahead of schedule bc I was badly in need of a trim. But I will be buckling down and resuming my MN challenge this weekend and ps'ing for the rest of the year.
@ eocceas :blush::blush: your hair is so beautiful!!!! if it was possible i would steal it from you! :lol:... are you relaxed or natural? just beautiful...whats your regimine?

DominicanBrazilian82

deedoswell said:

I have been hesitant about using this on my hair; however, your growth is inspiring me to do so. After just one month you had a few inches. What is your MN regiment?

Aqua2012

I have been using MN since July1. I apply nightly MN mixed with JBCO, sublimed sulfur, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and rosemary oil

deedoswell

I just mix my MN with sulfur and virgin coconut oil. at the beginning of the challenge I was applying it in sections (the back one day the front another day) every day. Then as the month went on I got lazy and was applying to whole head about three times a week. I am going to take a break though for about two months.

lovestarr

I actually sub'd to the htge thread yesterday. I plan on ordering some end of this month to start using when this challenge is over. I heard the scented ones smell DELISH! I am using MSM and Biotin and will continue using that. I just BC'd in April so hopefully with these growth aids I will be at SL fall 2013

lovestarr

lovestarr, do you apply daily? I feel that a tube last me only once a week. I do have a big head though, and I don't mix as much JBCO.

Yes I apply daily and I just looked at my batch and smh thinking this would last one month. The thing is I had 2 different batches last month so that lasted me a month. This is most likely 2 weeks since I use it sparingly (I'm cheap). And I have a big head too lol

ilong

God's Own
you can see from my join date compared to number of posts I am a PROFESSIONAL LHCF lurker. :lol: I have the same occupation on BHM :yep:

But you ladies have taught me so much!

I am unofficially in this challenge. I don't join challenges because I keep my hair in PS's (weaves or braids) 99% of the time and taking pictures would more of a miss than a hit. I'm in a weave now.

My unofficial :grin: regiment is:
1. Mix Walmart brand of MN 3 with MTG, Megatek, EVOO, EVCO. I use more MTG and EVCO for application, sulfur and castor oil benefits, so my solution is more of a liquid.
2. Moisturize hair (weave and mine) with water and sometimes add scurl.
3. Apply mix
4. Baggy
5. Wash out when leaving the house
6. Apply leave in Conditioner

I've been Doing this for a week and I believe I have at least a half inch of new growth. The hair at my nape, which was nit in the track now stretches to my shoulder.:grin::yep: I hope to have a wonderful surprise when I take this sew in out in August (stretching)

ilong

God's Own
I should add I take an arsenal of growth aids.

Biotin
Nioxin
HSN
Horsetail (SilicA)
MSM
Prenatals (No!!!!! Not pregnant:lachen::lachen:)

afroette

you can see from my join date compared to number of posts I am a PROFESSIONAL LHCF lurker. :lol: I have the same occupation on BHM :yep:

But you ladies have taught me so much!

I am unofficially in this challenge. I don't join challenges because I keep my hair in PS's (weaves or braids) 99% of the time and taking pictures would more of a miss than a hit. I'm in a weave now.

My unofficial :grin: regiment is:
1. Mix Walmart brand of MN 3 with MTG, Megatek, EVOO, EVCO. I use more MTG and EVCO for application, sulfur and castor oil benefits, so my solution is more of a liquid.
2. Moisturize hair (weave and mine) with water and sometimes add scurl.
3. Apply mix
4. Baggy
5. Wash out when leaving the house
6. Apply leave in Conditioner

I've been Doing this for a week and I believe I have at least a half inch of new growth. The hair at my nape, which was nit in the track now stretches to my shoulder.:grin::yep: I hope to have a wonderful surprise when I take this sew in out in August (stretching)

half an inch?? :lick: Amazing! I have that after three weeks of application.

Carmelella

deedoswell said:

Ur making me a believer, that is a lot of growth for just a month

Status
Not open for further replies.