Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManiiSweetheart

I can already say my length check will be a 2 parter ... 1 one July 31 with the pull test and then more pictures august 5th when i straighten my hair
Just applied too, excited to see this length check..haven't pulled or tested since the last one..i wanted it to be a surprise :grin:

Last edited:

jprayze

ManiiSweetheart said:
I can already say my length check will be a 2 parter ... 1 one July 31 with the pull test and then more pictures august 5th when i straighten my hair
Just applied too, excited to see this length check..haven't pulled or tested since the last one..i wanted it to be a surprise :grin:

I haven't pulled or tested either! I'm going to pull on the 31st too. May straighten on the 3rd.

4bslbound

Hi ladies, BIG time lurker here. This challenge is almost over and........ya'll BET NOT leave me, I mean "us" hanging!! So excited about the reveals

jprayze

4bslbound said:
Hi ladies, BIG time lurker here. This challenge is almost over and........ya'll BET NOT leave me, I mean "us" hanging!! So excited about the reveals

Yep I'm gonna do my reveal from my starting pic of the challenge. Hopefully I will see good growth even despite the two trims I had.

Also until the new challenge begins I think will still hang out here :)

Mznelly

4bslbound said:

Lol I'll post my pics on Saturday since I'm going to get it blown out. Honestly I'm not really too excited about it since that woman butchered my hair like no tomorrow but I won't deprive y'all of your length check. With that being said I will never ever let a Dominican touch my hair with a scissor again..

Side note: I've decided to opt out of buying hair trigger, after researching other hair forums I'm not impressed at all....she gets rave reviews on her shipping its scent and excellent customer service but not a single review on how well it does what it says it will do ? Yeah.... I'll keep my money in my pocket

Last edited:

deedoswell

I will post my pic next week but was wondering how long of a break you ladies are taking? I plan on two months or at least until September - I hope we do another challenge!

NaturalfienD

Checking In,

I applied my MN mix today and I only have a teeny bit left, which I will apply on Sunday. I'm still rocking extensions but I plan on taking a few down for the length check. If there's another challenge for MN in a couple of months, I'm in. HHG!!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
IDK if I will be posting pics bc I did a big trim and you wont be able to tell anything. I went from BSB to NL, so why even waste you ladies time.

I will though post pics of my edges bc that was my main reason for being in the challenge for my edges.

Will apply MN to my scalp after I braid my hair up tonight. I am DCing right now.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
So I know its early but here's my portion I flat ironed! I really didn't want to do my whole head so just did the back. First pick is last month and second pic is today. I've trimmed twice so I don't think I have any noticeable growth. I'm going to take a break and then cont probably in Sept or Oct!

ForumRunner_20120729_222840.jpg

ForumRunner_20120729_222857.jpg

jprayze

Good morning ladies,

I applied my mix this morning to my edges only. My compare will be done via twistout. I am on the No Heat Summer Challeng and. I'm getting to the point that I'm actually enjoying it which says a lot for someone who has been wearing my hair most of the time.

Anyway, this is a twistout post from April 26 which served as one of my starting pics for this challenge: . I will do another twistout either tonight or tomorrow and post it and see how it compares...I can't wait!

Tomorrow is the OFFICIAL end of the challenge so please get those update pics in! Also stay here and let us know what's going on with you - post MN if you are taking a break (how's the condition of your hair, any shedding etc, are you using MN) and if you still using MN (frequency, mix, etc.).

On August 1, I will be starting to add HTGE to my regimen, similarily to how I use MN. I want to compare 1 month of growth with MN and HTGE to see what is the difference.

At the end of August, I will begin a challenge thread for September through the end of the year. I will be using both MN and HTGE for the rest of the year. My goal for the end of the year is to me a good APL (where a small trim is not going to set me back above APL) and edging toward BSL.

BTW - When I finally straighten, I will come back and post a pic!

Thanks and happy growing!:grin:

Last edited:

afroette

Been thinking about how I'm going to compare because my before pictures are freshly relaxed and right now I'm over 7 weeks post. Hmm I can't flat iron to save my life

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
afroette said:
Been thinking about how I'm going to compare because my before pictures are freshly relaxed and right now I'm over 7 weeks post. Hmm I can't flat iron to save my life

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Maybe a pull test?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I wont update until Friday on freshly washed hair......
And I will continue using until my bottle is gone.

ManiiSweetheart

Okay ladies Here They Are! The Final Results!!

My Cayenne + MN + MTG + Almond oil + Olive & Sunflower Oil Moisture lotion Mix Really kicked my hair growth into High Gear! I'd say its around 2 inches of growth !:yay:

One question...is BSL at the Top of the bra strap...or the bottom...? Either way..i think i'll make BSL by that September/October goal we had :lick::yep:

Ladies i'm sooooooooooooo happy with these results now i can't WAIT to get my hair straightened to i can swaaang it in everyone's face:gorgeous:

Ill continue to use my mix minus MN...and instead of Almond oil i'm trying Safflower oil out...i'm just so happy

Last edited:

jprayze

ManiiSweetheart said:
Okay ladies Here They Are! The Final Results!!

My Cayenne + MN + MTG + Almond oil + Olive & Sunflower Oil Moisture lotion Mix Really kicked my hair growth into High Gear! I'd say its around 2 inches of growth !:yay:

One question...is BSL at the Top of the bra strap...or the bottom...? Either way..i think i'll make BSL by that September/October goal we had :lick::yep:

Ladies i'm sooooooooooooo happy with these results now i can't WAIT to get my hair straightened to i can swaaang it in everyone's face:gorgeous:

Ill continue to use my mix minus MN...and instead of Almond oil i'm trying Safflower oil out...i'm just so happy

Lovely!!! Did u have to trim anytime during the challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.