Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

DominicanBrazilian82

jprayze said:
No problems as far as my scalp. Feels the same. I'm trying not to do a length check until December so I hope the 4% will give me the end of the year boost!

I can't wait to get back. I'm just lurking like a Stalker. I relax tomorrow (yay!). How long do most people wait before starting up again?

jprayze

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
I can't wait to get back. I'm just lurking like a Stalker. I relax tomorrow (yay!). How long do most people wait before starting up again?

I think most people wait a week, some a little longer...

itismehmmkay

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? I was thinking of mixing with Sulfur 8, JBCO, and a bit of peppermint oil for the smell. Now I'm thinking I'll just get a light grease and mix it with that. I'll see.

What frequency will you apply it? Probably just 2x a week.

Any other growth aids that you are using? Hoping the JBCO will add a lil boost. Also I'm taking supplements: MR and will start MSM and bamboo silica when my shipment comes in.

Anything else you care to add? I still have to go buy it; think I'll start today though!

Don't forget a starting pic! Okay; I'll take some pics this weekend.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Where are you all finding the 4%? Seems like I only see 2%.

And how much is the 4%? (Just Curious).

I was buying the box of 6 via Amazon. My last purchase was a tube I picked up from the Grocery. Wouldn't mind trying the 4%

jprayze

jprayze

Been doing some research on 4% and thought I would share. Quoted from another thread, you should be able to go to the original post and read more!

Definitely monitor the condition and health of your hair and scalp closely (your overall health too)!

She used 4% straight. When I first started 2% MN, I always used it straight followed by oil and then I said why not mix it?

^^This right here! 2 weeks...I'm about to break open the 4% for my temples. Well, maybe in November. I have to see how this EO blend I'm using works first.

A consistent inch every month is great especially if it's retained.

Challengers-- All this time I couldn't find 4% MN, but the 4% MN is in the prefilled applicators that come like in a 3day pack. I picked some up, but I am not going to start using it yet. The mix I made at the start of the challenge is lasting forever.

IDareT'sHair-- this is what I posted a while ago about 4%.

okange76

mini update; 2 months of use 2-3 times a week. Mn mixture is 1 tube of 2%MN, 1 tbsp sulfur, 2 oz Megatek (old), 8 oz Africa's Best oil, JBCO, several drops of Rosemary and Peppermint EO.

No strict regimen. Wash and set at the salon every 2 weeks, no idea what shampoo or treatment they use, very miniminal heat, majority of the time just wrap and leave,. Moisturize every night with either NH Tamanu and Hemp or EVOO & Moringa Extend Butter or SM Coconut Smoothie depending on my mood.

Relax every 8 - 10 weeks - Soft & Beautiful Botanicals - regular

First pic is end of Aug, Second is end of Oct. Excuse the over flowing rack. Too much junk.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 89

jprayze

okange76 said:
mini update; 2 months of use 2-3 times a week. Mn mixture is 1 tube of 2%MN, 1 tbsp sulfur, 2 oz Megatek (old), 8 oz Africa's Best oil, JBCO, several drops of Rosemary and Peppermint EO.

No strict regimen. Wash and set at the salon every 2 weeks, no idea what shampoo or treatment they use, very miniminal heat, majority of the time just wrap and leave,. Moisturize every night with either NH Tamanu and Hemp or EVOO & Moringa Extend Butter or SM Coconut Smoothie depending on my mood.

Relax every 8 - 10 weeks - Soft & Beautiful Botanicals - regular

First pic is end of Aug, Second is end of Oct. Excuse the over flowing rack. Too much junk.

Your progress is awesome! Very nice!!!

jprayze

So I'm supposed to wait to length check until December but it seems so far away...sigh

Have to hurry up and get these crochet braids!

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm still using my MN mixture. It's been a week so far. I plan on changing my mixture though, b/c the MN doesnt mix well with my oils; unless it's normal for the MN to seperate from the oils? I constantly have to reshake vigorously in order for the MN to mix with the oils.

okange76, WOW! That's amazing growth for 2mths!! I am so determined to continue with my MN!

itismehmmkay

okange76 that is some great progress!! :yep::clap:

So I am officially up in this challenge. I got my 2% cream yesterday...Walmart didn't have it, but I was able to find some at HEB; got the HEB brand. As far as my mix, I was trying to find a container to put everything in, but couldn't. I found one of those 99cents mini containers of that Palmer's Olive Oil growth treatment. I've never used this grease, but figured I could take half out of the container and then add the MN. So that's just what I did. I also added a bit of Sulfur 8...just a lil amount, didn't want the smell. The added a lil bit of JBCO. Then added some of that Wonder 8 Oil mix. I only added that b/c I forgot how much I love how that smells. I used to get that all the time; it must have Sweet Almond oil in it b/c I think that's the smell. I didn't want my scalp mix to be to mediciny from the MN or Sulfur 8. The MN isn't loud, but there is a lil smell to it. Blahblahblah....my mix is nice, light, and creamy. I applied last night and it just dissolved in my scalp. No smell this morning. Not too greasy....and actually I was going to start oiling/greasing my scalp anyway. I had been putting a lil curl wax on my hair for the past week and liked the extra shine and weight to it. So instead of that, greasing my scalp w/ my lil MN mix should do it.

So here we go :yay: I'll probably apply at least 3x a week. Probably MWF....or really just whenever I wash my hair and fix it. I'll start applying that night and then just do every other night from there.

jprayze

I'm still using my MN mixture. It's been a week so far. I plan on changing my mixture though, b/c the MN doesnt mix well with my oils; unless it's normal for the MN to seperate from the oils? I constantly have to reshake vigorously in order for the MN to mix with the oils.

@okange76, WOW! That's amazing growth for 2mths!! I am so determined to continue with my MN!

Yes, it's always seperates. One challenger had the great idea to add 2 marbles in her bottle to assist with mixing.

Mjon912

Checking in...just applied my MN 4% mix and massaged my scalp...I have about a week left of using my mix until I stop to prep for my relaxer so I'm going to start applying twice a day... I won't be using it again until the egg inning of dec so I'm trying to get one last boost =)

jprayze

So I'm supposed to wait to length check until December but it seems so far away...sigh

Have to hurry up and get these crochet braids!

I think I might sneak a peek tomorrow...at least it will tell me whether I need to adjust something between now and the end of the year.

NaturalfienD

::Checking In::

Applied MN tonight. I've noticed new hair growing in and I'm happy about that. I'm hoping for 2.5 or 3 cm. of growth this month because I really want make APL in the front of my hair by December.

Word …

I hope you all are doing well …

jprayze

NaturalfienD said:
::Checking In::

Applied MN tonight. I've noticed new hair growing in and I'm happy about that. I'm hoping for 2.5 or 3 cm. of growth this month because I really want make APL in the front of my hair by December.

Word …

I hope you all are doing well …

I think you will make it! :)

jprayze

jprayze said:
I think I might sneak a peek tomorrow...at least it will tell me whether I need to adjust something between now and the end of the year.

Going to apply my MN mix, then put AE garlic mask on my scalp, go for a walk for an hour and then go get my hair done! Pics are coming!

itismehmmkay

So I'm actually rethinking this one. I saw a section that I missed in my retouch and really wanted to get at it...I can't play w/ demarcation breakage. And now I have to wait a week before doing so. That and I think in one area it made my hair revert. I think b/c it's water-based. So..idk. I'm happy I have a lil mix going. I'll see. Maybe I can find a routine for it.

ilong

God's Own

@okange76, WOW! That's amazing growth for 2mths!! I am so determined to continue with my MN!

pelohello - Not a surprise that MN separates from the oils. The MN you are using may contain some water.
Placing at least 2 marbles in your MN/oil blend will help with mixing/shaking. HTH