Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

jprayze

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
Total about 4.5 inches... 3 inches from normal growth, 1.5 from a combination of other things (MN, vitamins, hair care, etc)

That's awesome!

jprayze

Thanks ladies! I started the 4% last Monday. I am taking a break from Daily application at least today. I just don't want my freshly straightened hair weighed down. So no product today. Tomorrow I may start back or use it straight.

jprayze

jprayze said:
Thanks ladies! I started the 4% last Monday. I am taking a break from Daily application at least today. I just don't want my freshly straightened hair weighed down. So no product today. Tomorrow I may start back or use it straight.

Changed...massaged the MN mix to my edges only.

NaturalfienD

I said I was going to start tapering off. Chile, I put this mix on four or five times a week … I don't think I can slow down, let alone stop by December/January. But if I couldn't stop it wouldn't be a bad thing though cuz I'm tryna get my swang on by next Christmas … and I mean that!! :D

I have a family member who's experiencing hair loss and they tried MN yesterday. FM say that if this works for them that they would act a damn fool!!!

I hope it works for them too … HHG.

NaturalfienD

Hi @ jprayze, the prefilled 4% applicators come in the three day monistat package? I'm due for a purchase soon and I‘d like to try. TIA … :)

jprayze

NaturalfienD said:
I said I was going to start tapering off. Chile, I put this mix on four or five times a week … I don't think I can slow down, let alone stop by December/January. But if I couldn't stop it wouldn't be a bad thing though cuz I'm tryna get my swang on by next Christmas … and I mean that!! :D

I have a family member who's experiencing hair loss and they tried MN yesterday. FM say that if this works for them that they would act a damn fool!!!

I hope it works for them too … HHG.

I hope it's works for your FM too. It's worth a try!!!

Yes 4% is in the prefilled so I emptied out one into my mix and used about half of the oil that I usually use for a tube.

I'm going to make a challenge for the whole year 2013 that everyone can stop into throughout the year as you use it and take breaks as needed. I'm probably not stopping anytime soon either!

jprayze

Applied my mix all over yesterday and will do the same today. I made less mix this time around so I'm thinking it will last until the end of the month.

I'm going to wait until the new year to add sulfur to my regi. Just bought the liquid oil, but I going to resist the urge to use it now :)

SincerelyBeautiful

I have been doing a lot of research and decided to take the MN plunge! I'm super happy too lol. So I made my first mix Sunday and it consisted of: dr miracles hot gro grease, EVCO,EVOO, Wild Growth oil, wild growth light oil, vitamin E oil, and sunflower oil. It's so light and creamy. When I applied it, my scalp tingled a bit. I think I like it. I just hope I get awesome results like the other ladies in here. Should I apply daily??? I have been but just wondering.....

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

SincerelyBeautiful

jprayze said:
Applied my mix all over yesterday and will do the same today. I made less mix this time around so I'm thinking it will last until the end of the month.

I'm going to wait until the new year to add sulfur to my regi. Just bought the liquid oil, but I going to resist the urge to use it now :)

When are you starting the 2013 challenge??

jprayze

I have been doing a lot of research and decided to take the MN plunge! I'm super happy too lol. So I made my first mix Sunday and it consisted of: dr miracles hot gro grease, EVCO,EVOO, Wild Growth oil, wild growth light oil, vitamin E oil, and sunflower oil. It's so light and creamy. When I applied it, my scalp tingled a bit. I think I like it. I just hope I get awesome results like the other ladies in here. Should I apply daily??? I have been but just wondering.....

When are you starting the 2013 challenge??

For the most part, I apply daily. But most get good results without applying everyday. It's just become so routine for me!

I will get the challenge started before the end of the month. Welcome!:grin:

tapioca_pudding

Made a mix of MN (I believe it's 2%, didn't check), almond butter and sunflower seed oil. Going to apply nightly for the rest of 2012 an see what happens.

jprayze

[USER=23817 said:
tapioca_pudding[/USER];17268853]Made a mix of MN (I believe it's 2%, didn't check), almond butter and sunflower seed oil. Going to apply nightly for the rest of 2012 an see what happens.

Did you take a starting pic?

jprayze

Ladies!!! You all are quiet! Hope you all are all applying your MN regularly and having a good week.

I'm almost out of my 4% mix. With the prefilled tube, I didn't add as much oil because its not as much MN as I normally use in my mixes. I will probably finish up this mix within a week or so and I will do it all over again.

SincerelyBeautiful

Although I'm not in this challenge for the rest of the year I did apply my mix last nite. It's going on a week this Sunday :)

NaturalfienD

Checking In:

Hi ladies, I'm just about out of my mix and I'm planning on heading to the store to get that three day MN. I'm biting @ Jprayze's style and using less oil for this mix. I think I will get more bang for my buck with the 4% …

I dusted twice in one month and was kinda nervous that I hindered my progress. But it just hit me that I still have a good six weeks in this challenge and anything's possible.

I hope you all are doing well …

jprayze

NaturalfienD said:
Checking In:

Hi ladies, I'm just about out of my mix and I'm planning on heading to the store to get that three day MN. I'm biting @ Jprayze's style and using less oil for this mix. I think I will get more bang for my buck with the 4% …

I dusted twice in one month and was kinda nervous that I hindered my progress. But it just hit me that I still have a good six weeks in this challenge and anything's possible.

I hope you all are doing well …

Hope the 4% gives you a boost! Has your FM been using MN?

DominicanBrazilian82

So it's been a week and a half ladies since I relaxed. Time to get back in the MN game. Grabbing some of that good ole 2% today. Gonna concoct a new mix as well. Not sure what it will be yet, but I'll update later tonight :)

NaturalfienD

Hope the 4% gives you a boost! Has your FM been using MN?

I hope the 4% does too … it was super easy to find, I don't know how I missed it last time. I think I was rushing off the aisle last time, I was probably stressed about the possibility of being seen. :)

Yes, my FM uses the MN mix just about everyday. I'm noticing the area to be darker than usual so hopefully that's new hair coming in. They're going to give it a consistent try for three or four weeks, applying it five or six times a week. I think it's working so far … (huge smile!!!)

jprayze

Ive been shooting for daily applications, but the past week has been sooo busy. I missed a day or 2. I'm back on track finishing my current mix. Here's a current pic of my hair! It's thriving :). I got a one inch and my hair looks so much better and the curls are holding better. I will post a new pic when my curls fall and update on my length. Then hopefully I can get my protective style (crochet braids) installed until End of year.

image-1716240272.jpg