Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

jprayze

Hey ladies...I will be updating the Challengers list soon and also answering the questions personally!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
NikkiQ said:
Are any of you ladies mixing sulfur in their mixes?

Sent from my Android...Boom.

I'm not mixing it with the MN but I'm going to apply MN first and mix the sulfur with my oils and apply that's afterwards.

ESmackum

Okay. So this is my first challenge ever (long time lurker, new subscriber)

What is your current length?
SL (but short pieces in front :perplexed)
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN?
Not my first time, but I didnt use it consistantly the first time.
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?
Mixed with coconut oil and peppermint oil
What frequency will you apply it?
At least once a day (probably before bed). But I will attempt twice a day.
Any other growth aids that you are using?
Just Biotin pills
Anything else you care to add?
I'm wondering how everyone is applying it to their hair. I was thinking about one of those pointy applicator bottles so I won't have to mess with my hair too much.

I will come back with a better starting picture than the one I have.

Attachments

• 2012-08-02_22-59-45_678.jpg
    2012-08-02_22-59-45_678.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 40

Mznelly

jprayze said:
Hey Mznelly!!! What's the factors in your decision?

Oh I'm joining just being dramatic lol!!! May start a little later though because I'm also doing hairfinty with my mn. Karen idk what side effects but I have nothing bad to say about my mn experience. To those that are wondering if mn really works I'll post my progress and length check pics from the last challenge

image-4142358779.jpg

Start of my hair journey

image-359838827.jpg

Start of using mn take note of how thin and uneven my hair is

image-3125436469.jpg

One month update

image-296280158.jpg

Close up

image-2727953877.jpg

Second length check inching towards apl

image-3359706738.jpg
Claimed apl

image-3666234899.jpg
Had to end my stretch early due to the tremendous growth

image-3120224474.jpg
Scissor happy stylist chopped off all my progress went for a trim and got a BLUNT cut never again....

image-2288724741.jpg

Before my "trim"

Attachments

• image-4070513513.jpg
    image-4070513513.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3603588254.jpg
    image-3603588254.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 58
  • image-3774287672.jpg
    image-3774287672.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3293684380.jpg
    image-3293684380.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Krystle~Hime said:
Isn't too much to mix MN with sulfur ...??

I dk but I'm give it a try! I read a few threads with info on MN and sulfur mix on here and other forums so I'm give it a go but I'm not gonna mix them per say I'm going to apply MN first then let it absorb couple hours then apply sulfur mix and see how my scalp handles it.

Krystle~Hime

I dk but I'm give it a try! I read a few threads with info on MN and sulfur mix on here and other forums so I'm give it a go but I'm not gonna mix them per say I'm going to apply MN first then let it absorb couple hours then apply sulfur mix and see how my scalp handles it.

okay could you please come back and let us know what you(your scalp :p) think after trying that ?

thanks in advance.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
shockolate said:
Is it better to use 4%?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I dk I've only used the 2% but would love to hear if anyone has used 4%. I think the majority of us from previous challenge used the 2% though.

NaiyaAi

• What is your current length? Around APL
  • Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I've been using MN for a few months now.
  • How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? I use it mixed with an itchy scalp mix that contains sulfur, menthol, and other ingredients
  • What frequency will you apply it? Nightly
  • Any other growth aids that you are using? I take a HSN vitamin with biotin
  • Anything else you care to add? Nope, not really
  • Don't forget a starting pic!

jprayze

My answers

What is your current length? Flirting with APL, hope to be able to claim in September or October
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I've been using MN since late March. Took a break for 1 month (August).
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?
I just mixed my oils without MN tonight so I'm ready. My mix will consist of equal parts (about 1 oz each) apricot oil, WGHO, and a few drops of peppermint oil and a 1 oz tube of 2% MN. I will not be starting use until September 3rd because I will be on vacay and not taking my MN with me! :) On September 4, I'm going to get my hair flat ironed for my starting pic and maybe a little trim. Then I'm going to baby my ends like crazy because I'm not getting any more trims for the rest of the year!
What frequency will you apply it? 1/day applying at night. Twice/day may have been too much manipulation.
Any other growth aids that you are using? On the same day will start taking biotin again 1000 mcg/day.
Anything else you care to add? I think I said enough! :)
Starting pic on the way!

GeorginaSparks

I just ordered it from amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VWRGPQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I hope it arrives soon and works.

It arrived today(superfast)!!! Wow interesting that even if you apply in one spot it grows all over? Is this correct or did i misread??!!

[*]What is your current length?
Not sure lol. Transitioning and chopping off relaxed ends when they annoy me.
[*]Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN?
Yes this will be my first time ever using MN.
[*]How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?
I will start directly and if i dont get headaches like i do with straight MT, I will mix with MT/Hair Trigger/JBCO and a bunch of stuff i dont remember.
[*]What frequency will you apply it?
I will try when I wash twice a week
[*]Any other growth aids that you are using?
old MT/hair trigger/JBCO

ETA to add pics
Stretched:

Not-stretched:

Last edited:

jprayze

shockolate said:
It arrived today(superfast)!!! Wow interesting that even if you apply in one spot it grows all over? Is this correct or did i misread??!!
b
[*]What is your current length?
Not sure lol. Transitioning and chopping off relaxed ends when they annoy me.

[*]Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN?
Yes this will be my first time ever using MN.

[*]How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?
I will start directly and if i dont get headaches like i do with straight MT, I will mix with MT/Hair Trigger/JBCO and a bunch of stuff i dont remember.

[*]What frequency will you apply it?
I will try when I wash twice a week

[*]Any other growth aids that you are using?
old MT/hair trigger/JBCO

Yes some ppl tried putting it on one side but saw the same progress on both sides

NaiyaAi

Where is everyone buying from? I know there are people who sell multiples on Amazon and Ebay but they're eluding me tonight. =/

Does anyone know of any pharmaceutical websites that might sell it? I know of one, that I someone swore by over in the Health & Fitness section, but then a quick google search told me that they charge your card for other things so that was a no-go.

jprayze

NaiyaAi said:
Where is everyone buying from? I know there are people who sell multiples on Amazon and Ebay but they're eluding me tonight. =/

Does anyone know of any pharmaceutical websites that might sell it? I know of one, that I someone swore by over in the Health & Fitness section, but then a quick google search told me that they charge your card for other things so that was a no-go.

I ordered from amazon, the 6 pack.

JaszyFaye

What is your current length? SL
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I've used MN in the past but not consistently
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Last time I used MN I mixed it so I'm probably going to do that again. I mixed it with MT and HE Totally Twisted Conditioner
What frequency will you apply it? Every other day, last time I used it everyday and got headaches :nono:
Any other growth aids that you are using? I have a sulfur mix that I will be using as well
Anything else you care to add? Nope, HHG!!

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 43

ms.blue

I'm in.
I'm using the 4% mixed w/ water, a little bit of jojoba and emu (currently wearing a weave)
My length: I'm unsure b/c I did cut a lot off late last year/earlier this year but I believe I'm pretty much the smame length as my siggy pic.
I'm using the mix every other day and the only thing I'm taking is a multivitamin, iron w/ added vitamin c and l-lysine (I read that l-lysine and iron work better to help maintain iron levels).

jprayze

ms.blue said:
I'm in.
I'm using the 4% mixed w/ water, a little bit of jojoba and emu (currently wearing a weave)
My length: I'm unsure b/c I did cut a lot off late last year/earlier this year but I believe I'm pretty much the smame length as my siggy pic.
I'm using the mix every other day and the only thing I'm taking is a multivitamin, iron w/ added vitamin c and l-lysine (I read that l-lysine and iron work better to help maintain iron levels).

Where are you getting your 4% from?