Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

ScorpioLove

I used mega tek before and experience a crazy amount of growth, at the beginning of the mn challenge I put my mn in the remaining of my mt mix and experienced no headaches at all. Mt is freaking awesome but expensive :(

Update: I got the itches, hopefully it's the growth itches. I've been applying my sulfur mix in the am and my mn in the pm. My braids are getting loose already not cool... Lol. My mom commented on the slackness of my sengalese twist last night I just hope I won't have to re do my twist earlier than expected that would suck

I do. I don't get any headaches from it.

I have been using mix of MN, MTG, MT, Castor oil and peppermint oil every evening for the past week. No headaches or anything but the boyfriend doesn't like the smell. That MGT smell is hard to cover.

Can you all list about how much of what is in your mix? And are any of you experiencing any shedding?

I want to join this challenge if I may. I want to use this 3x/ week but I wont be receiving it until monday.

What is your current length? BSB
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? Never used this before (or megatek)
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?
Mixed with Megatek, castor oil, peppermint oil, and vatika

What frequency will you apply it? Every other night
Any other growth aids that you are using? Sulfur mix and multivitamins
Anything else you care to add? I need to be full BSL like today! :grin:

tiajanae

So I applied my MN mix for the first time last night. Can you say whew! My head was on fire lol. Not because of the MN, but i mixed with a combo of MTG, Coconut Oil, and Peppermint Oil. That Peppermint Oil had my scalp feeling icy for about an hour lol. Anywho, I got a new set of individuals on Saturday (the 1st) and I plan on applying my mix every other day. I'll have a ng check in about 2 weeks so it should be exciting. Thinking about adding Garlic Oil to the mix since I've read about the shedding properties of MN. Good luck everyone!

jprayze

tiajanae said:
So I applied my MN mix for the first time last night. Can you say whew! My head was on fire lol. Not because of the MN, but i mixed with a combo of MTG, Coconut Oil, and Peppermint Oil. That Peppermint Oil had my scalp feeling icy for about an hour lol. Anywho, I got a new set of individuals on Saturday (the 1st) and I plan on applying my mix every other day. I'll have a ng check in about 2 weeks so it should be exciting. Thinking about adding Garlic Oil to the mix since I've read about the shedding properties of MN. Good luck everyone!

Too much peppermint oil???

pinkness27

ScorpioLove

Can you all list about how much of what is in your mix? And are any of you experiencing any shedding?

I used about 3 tbs of: mtg, mn, mt

I poured about half of my 4oz and I didn't measure how much hair trigger I just poured until I felt the vanilla flavor outweighed mtg smell. My little sister says I smell like cookies when I spray my mix lol.

I took about 10 soft gel garlic pills (from Walmart ) and squeezed them into my mix.

DominicanBrazilian82

jprayze... First MN application (heavily diluted)...

My Recipe

.25 oz of MN
1 tsp of Baba de Caracol
1/2 tsp of Garlic Oil

Made just enough for the night... Don't like heavy, oily hair... So I was extremely sparing with the application. Hopefully I get the tingles soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

jprayze

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
jprayze... First MN application (heavily diluted)...

My Recipe

.25 oz of MN
1 tsp of Baba de Caracol
1/2 tsp of Garlic Oil

Made just enough for the night... Don't like heavy, oily hair... So I was extremely sparing with the application. Hopefully I get the tingles soon :)

Your recipe Sounds good. That's my problem now with heavy oily hair. Im doing daily applications. Last night I just added a little MN straight to my scalp instead of my mix because my hair and scalp doesn't need anymore oil!

DominicanBrazilian82

2nd MN application... Altered my recipe a lil bit... Added .5 oz of MN, 1 tsp of Garlic Oil, 1 tsp of Baba de Caracol (Leave-in)...

I've decided every other day works for me.

New Growth Aid: Bamboo Supplements

NaiyaAi

For the relaxed ladies, what do you do to reduce potential shedding during the week before/after a relaxer when you're not supposed to apply MN?

jprayze

[USER=355477]DominicanBrazilian82[/USER] said:
Where is the tingle and itch? Am I too early on?

I think most ppl tingle when they got something tingling in their mix like peppermint oil.

Maybe too early to get the growing itchies!

Question--was looking back, are you applying .5 oz per application? What size tube did u buy? The one I'm using now is only 1 oz.

jprayze

NaiyaAi said:
For the relaxed ladies, what do you do to reduce potential shedding during the week before/after a relaxer when you're not supposed to apply MN?

Good question...any ideas???

DominicanBrazilian82

jprayze said:
I think most ppl tingle when they got something tingling in their mix like peppermint oil.

Maybe too early to get the growing itchies!

Question--was looking back, are you applying .5 oz per application? What size tube did u buy? The one I'm using now is only 1 oz.

I actually got a few 1.59 oz tubes. It didn't come out to .5 oz. more like .25 oz. The first time was actually less. I am going to try it without leave in conditioner (garlic oil and MN only - same proportions)

I section my hair into four, and then section each four into, between, 10-15 sections and apply directly on the scalp. This limits it touching my hair and gives scalp the opportunity to benefit from the aid.

DominicanBrazilian82

NaiyaAi said:

I use garlic oil with application (.25 oz of MN and 1 tsp of garlic oil) and I exclusively DC with Alter Ego Garlic Mask or BioHair Care Garlic Mask. Garlic is helpful in reducing/stopping shedding. Works wonders with and without MN.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I use garlic oil with application (.25 oz of MN and 1 tsp of garlic oil) and I exclusively DC with Alter Ego Garlic Mask or BioHair Care Garlic Mask. Garlic is helpful in reducing/stopping shedding. Works wonders with and without MN.

Do they sell alter ego in stores? Or just online?

Ms. Tiki

I'm still using MN but now I have it mixed again in my sulfur mix. I was playing with my braidout and realized I gain an inch of growth and didn't even notice it. Wow! That is so crazy.

DominicanBrazilian82

HairPleezeGrow said:
Do they sell alter ego in stores? Or just online?

I buy it at a Dominican BSS here in Miami. Depending on where you live you might not find it readily available in stores. NY, Philadelphia and other metro city BSS's carry it (in my experience). But online is just as good (and maybe a little cheaper).

DominicanBrazilian82

NaiyaAi said:
Where do you get garlic oil from? Online?

You can get garlic oil from a "GOOD" BSS or a whole food/organic store. I saw tons at my local vitamin supercenter/organic food store... Plus they have other oils that are good for your hair i.e.: almond, jojoba, coconut, castor, etc...

DominicanBrazilian82

MN application for tonight:

.25 oz of MN
1 tsp Garlic Oil

12 Weeks Post... Going the whole month of September without a relaxer so I can experiment with this growth aid... So motivated!

Last edited:

ginabeana

A late starter, but hey, it's only 11 days in!

What is your current length? CBL
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? This will be my first time using MN
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? directly
What frequency will you apply it? daily
Any other growth aids that you are using? GNC Hair, Skin & Nails Formula
Anything else you care to add? I hope I can stick to protective styling and keep the flat iron away. :(
Don't forget a starting pic!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 23

DominicanBrazilian82

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
MN application for tonight:

.25 oz of MN
1 tsp Garlic Oil

12 Weeks Post... Going the whole month of September without a relaxer so I can experiment with this growth aid... So motivated!

Ok so this just happened today (wishful thinking last night)

I actually had to add a little conditioner because the consistency was off. Added 1 pinky full of Lacio Lacio Leave-In conditioner and one pinky full of AE Garlic mask. The MN percentage was about 75% to everything else.

So... I usually match my MN ingredients to the same percentage of MN. I was very fearful of immediate breakage. Today (3rd application) was the first time I maintained the amount of MN, but lessened the other MN ingredients. My head feels very airy, tingly and my roots and scalp are moisturized! I like the MN application more than anything because of my process and the fact that I get moisture to my roots and scalp.

Mznelly

Checking in this Friday will mark the two mark for my sengalese twist and using my my mix and my sulfur mix. I have taking excellent care of my edges and I'm notice a nice bit of NG from my braids. When I got my hair braided it was relatively tight (mistake on my part for letting the braided do that) so I can say with certainty that my NG is from my growth aids

image-1655031373.jpg

My fingers are showing where the braid starts the rest is NG

Attachments

• image-2776243240.jpg
    image-2776243240.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 21
  • image-4081662551.jpg
    image-4081662551.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image-2385858883.jpg
    image-2385858883.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 16