Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

Mznelly

jprayze said:
Loving the updates so far. Our official update date is October 15. I can't wait to see Mznelly's new growth then. Braids really are a great way to track that growth and the benefit of no manipulation. Seriously contemplating them in the new future...hmmm maybe I will braid to BSL.

Lol I plan on redoing them and rocking them till the end of the challenge I enjoy not having to think about styling my hair every single day I really recommend it.

Mjon912

Hey ladies, I really wanted to be apart of this challenge but I just can't... I'm doing so many other things that I barely remember to apply my mix let alone check in =\... Good luck to everyone!!! I'll be in Lurk mode for the few mins I have a day to check y'all out =)

jprayze

[USER=346679 said:
Mjon912[/USER];16941113]Hey ladies, I really wanted to be apart of this challenge but I just can't... I'm doing so many other things that I barely remember to apply my mix let alone check in =\... Good luck to everyone!!! I'll be in Lurk mode for the few mins I have a day to check y'all out =)

Good to hear from you! I was wondering how you were doing...hope all is well. Maybe you can join the next go-round.

ms.blue

I have been using my mn mixed a little more frequently since I am weave free right now but I did notice increased growth in the back. I really believe I grew 1 Iinch since using it so now I can't wait until I go back to my weave...I want to be pleasantly surprised in 6 weeks.

NaiyaAi

Question: How is everyone applying their mix? Are you mixing in a jar and applying with your fingers (as if you were greasing your scalp), are you putting it in a bottle and squeezing it directly to the scalp, etc? And why do you use the method that you do?

DominicanBrazilian82

NaiyaAi said:
Question: How is everyone applying their mix? Are you mixing in a jar and applying with your fingers (as if you were greasing your scalp), are you putting it in a bottle and squeezing it directly to the scalp, etc? And why do you use the method that you do?

NaiyaAi

I started off putting it in a 5 oz jar and applying with my fingers. I wanted to have better control as to how much was applied (or so I thought). After two weeks of that I mixed it in a bottle with a very small applicator tip and proceeded to apply that way. The bottle gives me the ability to use very little and then use my finger to massage. I prefer the bottle method because with my fingers I had to put more on my finger to spread it across the entire scalp area for that section. With the bottle I get a thin strip directly across that I can massage into my scalp without having to over-apply. I wear straight styles mostly and don't want the oils from my mix to weigh me down.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

blessed7777

I did not join this challenge but I have been using MN and I am in awe of the growth and thickness from it. I use it daily with a little coconut oil mixed in...

1st pic is from August 25th 2012 and the 2nd is Sept 11th 2012.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 80
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 80

jprayze

blessed7777 said:
I did not join this challenge but I have been using MN and I am in awe of the growth and thickness from it. I use it daily with a little coconut oil mixed in...

A lot of growth for such a short period of time!

jprayze

NaiyaAi said:

I have my MN mix in a bottle and I just squeeze it on my fingertips and massage it into my scalp.

DominicanBrazilian82

Applied my MN today :) yay! Will co-wash later tonight and apply again tomorrow night. On a MN/NJoy/Water self-challenge everyday for two weeks straight. Time to get some length :)

NaturalfienD

Joining this weekend … grabbing MN on Saturday and getting it poppin from there. Until then, I will read this entire thread and cheering y'all on. HHG ladies!!

cherrynicole

blessed7777 said:

Beautiful hair!!

jprayze

NaturalfienD said:
Joining this weekend … grabbing MN on Saturday and getting it poppin from there. Until then, I will read this entire thread and cheering y'all on. HHG ladies!!

Yay!!! C'mon in :)

jprayze

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
Applied my MN today :) yay! Will co-wash later tonight and apply again tomorrow night. On a MN/NJoy/Water self-challenge everyday for two weeks straight. Time to get some length :)

That sounds like a great self challenge. I just started an EO blend that I'm just massaging on my trouble spots...I'm doing that at night and the MN every morning.

I will post the recipe for the EO from my computer.

DominicanBrazilian82

Random: Had a hair growing out of my forehead! It was close enough to my edges/scalp to attribute it to MN. Geesh

destinyseeker

NaiyaAi said:

I apply mine directly to my scalp with a small tip applicator bottle. Followed by a scalp massage.

DominicanBrazilian82

About to poo wash (tons of buildup) with ORS Creamy Aloe and apply my MN after I DC. Been applying everyday since Sunday (missed yesterday :(. I was super busy; but I'm back on it!). Tata!

Mznelly

I'll be taking out these braids out soon the amount of new growth has left them look raggedly and unkept which is a no bueno for me! I plan on taking it down washing dc and flatiron it... I'm contemplating discontinuing the sulfur challenge. Without the braids I would need to co three times a week at least idk if I can do that ( commitment issues) lol but I'll keep y'all posted

DominicanBrazilian82

Mznelly said:
I'll be taking out these braids out soon the amount of new growth has left them look raggedly and unkept which is a no bueno for me! I plan on taking it down washing dc and flatiron it... I'm contemplating discontinuing the sulfur challenge. Without the braids I would need to co three times a week at least idk if I can do that ( commitment issues) lol but I'll keep y'all posted

Nooooo.... I'm in both. We can do it together :). I co-wash 3x's per week and wash 1x per week. After next Friday (as I'm on a personal challenge to MN and Sulfur mix everyday until then), I plan to apply the mixes during the week only, co-wash 2x and wash and style Fridays for the weekend. I'm on a 1-2 inch mission before I relax in November.

Mznelly

Nooooo.... I'm in both. We can do it together :). I co-wash 3x's per week and wash 1x per week. After next Friday (as I'm on a personal challenge to MN and Sulfur mix everyday until then), I plan to apply the mixes during the week only, co-wash 2x and wash and style Fridays for the weekend. I'm on a 1-2 inch mission before I relax in November.

Blehh I'll try girl, but i can make no promises because i know how i get when my hair is in a mess lol. I finished my sulfur mix and my mn mix so i have to reup on both of those mixes this weekend last night . I just got the croc 2 infrared flat iron i am itching to test this bad boy out.

Mznelly

Because i couldn't RESIST i undid one of my braids lol . Omg it looks i finally recovered from that butcher hair stylist debacle from June I'll confirm when i finish taking these bad boys out :::happy feet:::

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121004_190030.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121004_190030.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 44

jprayze

Mznelly said:
Because i couldn't RESIST i undid one of my braids lol . Omg it looks i finally recovered from that butcher hair stylist debacle from June I'll confirm when i finish taking these bad boys out :::happy feet:::

Looks great! Congrats in your recovery :)

Mznelly

I was a woman on a mission, took those braids out! Washed and dc my hair flat ironed it and now I'm enjoying having my hair back. There was a time when I use to be able to keep weave and braids in my hair for months I'm talking four to five months at a time, now I can barely keep It in a month (((embarrassed face)))

image-2527674007.jpg

This USE to be my bang (faints)

image-43671234.jpg

Bang before

Rest of my hair is in a bun. I'll show it on the official length heck in two weeks

Last edited:

jprayze

October 15th is our official length check day and then we are going for a long stretch until December 31st. So excited!!! I'm thinking about getting braids after the October length check and then taking them out before December 31st.

DominicanBrazilian82

jprayze said:
October 15th is our official length check day and then we are going for a long stretch until December 31st. So excited!!! I'm thinking about getting braids after the October length check and then taking them out before December 31st.

Me too! I want some long braids!

DominicanBrazilian82

Mznelly said:
I was a woman on a mission, took those braids out! Washed and dc my hair flat ironed it and now I'm enjoying having my hair back. There was a time when I use to be able to keep weave and braids in my hair for months I'm talking four to five months at a time, now I can barely keep It in a month (((embarrassed face)))

This USE to be my bang (faints)

Bang before

Rest of my hair is in a bun. I'll show it on the official length heck in two weeks

Girl I snatch weaves out after two weeks. If my head itches, I want to get that itch! Not get around it. Lol.