Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

Guinan

Re-Branding
Good Morning Ladies!!

This weekend marked the 2mths that I have been using MN. I liked the results. My hair has gotten thicken and my shorter pieces in the front are starting to catch up with the back. I am stopping with the MN for the month of December and will start to re-use it again in Feb (after my Jan relaxer). The 1st pic is flat straighten hair and then the 2nd collage is with it curled. BTW: I always keep something on my head, to keep me honest w/ the length:lol:

Happy Growing!

Attachments

• MN.jpg
    MN.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 165
  • MN CURLED.jpg
    MN CURLED.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 164

NaturalfienD

pelohello ~ Great progress girlfriend! I like the idea of keeping something on your head while taking length pix. It is so tempting for me to slightly tilt my head back or a little off to the side, frontin' like my hair is longer than what it is. I usually get my mind right before posting pictures though ... we all know there is no future in fronting. :)

Checking In:

I have been applying MN (4%) mix with less oil for about two weeks or so. My hair growth has increased a bit and I have about 2 cm of growth (installed mini braids on or about the 27th of October); I am very happy. I am not taking these joints out until the second or third week of December and I am hoping for another cm of growth between now and then.

Since my roots are very fuzzy, I do the navy bun style ... I totally bit the style from another lady on the board but I don't know who I stole it from (but shout out to her for making it happen ...) :D Anyway, styling my hair like that makes my hair look a whole lot better than it does in any other style.

I hope you all are doing well ... HHG!

ManiiSweetheart

Hey ladies ! So i straightened my hair for my birthday this past wednesday .. Woo finally 18! and im pretty sure i made BSL :D what do yall think?

Just a quick pic for y'all :yep:
Hope yall are doing okay !

jprayze

[USER=340099]ManiiSweetheart[/USER] said:
Hey ladies ! So i straightened my hair for my birthday this past wednesday .. Woo finally 18! and im pretty sure i made BSL :D what do yall think?

Fantastic progress! Your V has made it to BSL. Does your hair naturally grow in a V?

destinyseeker

ManiiSweetheart said:

Your hair looks great! Happy Belated Birthday :)

jprayze

Hey everybody! Made a new mix with 4%, about 40% of a bottle of wild growth oil, a few drops of peppermint oil, and enough apricot oil to make half a bottle. This should last me until the end of the year.

I was planning to get crochet braids, but I am delaying that right now to wear my own hair for a little while longer.

NaturalfienD

Where are you ladies finding the 4%?

The only place I've found it is in the prefilled applicators (3-day treatment).

Quoted just to cosign ... at first I couldn't locate the 4% but yes, the prefilled three day treatments are 4% indeed. I had to take a look on the back of the box and in difficult to find print, I saw that the applicators are 4%. I think you will like the 4% once you get it ... :yep:

NaturalfienD

Checking In:

I applied MN mix last night, my new growth is outta damn control but that is okay. I did a little research within the board and found a technique called scritching ... do any of y'all do that? I have twice and it feels quite good. For some reason, I like that more than scalp massages- massaging my scalp hurts my hands. Scritching is supposed to help with hair growth by stimulating the scalp and by removing any skin that could be blocking the pore. Sorry about the tangent, on to the next ...

Okay so I recently added Neem powder to my MN mix. It has been working well!!! In a previous post, I talked about dusting twice in one month and being fearful that I would have a setback ... well, once I added Neem to my MN (after switching from 2% MN to 4% and using bhringaj powder for cowashing) it looks like the hair that I dusted grew back and then some. :yep:

My FM still uses the mix ... I scritched their scalp last night and I swear fo' God that they have new hairs growing in. Because they have lost quite a bit of hair, it will be a while before it is super obvious to everyone else but I see it. They began using MN on 11/11/12 and I plan on taking a follow-up photo of their hair on 01/11/13 to see what the two months of use did for them.

I hope you all are doing well ...

<3

Mznelly

Update: checking in I got much needed a trim today. I need to incorporate routine trims in regime lol I have a scissor phobia after that fricking woman destroyed my hair but its thriving now. FYI this is my natural hair color reddish brown how bizarre right I think I'm a little past ApL even after my trim :)

Attachments

• image-2203390702.jpg
    image-2203390702.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1872646031.jpg
    image-1872646031.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 92

NaturalfienD

Update: checking in I got much needed a trim today. I need to incorporate routine trims in regime lol I have a scissor phobia after that fricking woman destroyed my hair but its thriving now. FYI this is my natural hair color reddish brown how bizarre right I think I'm a little past ApL even after my trim :)

I love your hair MzNelly, especially the color. Do you use a lot of coconut oil by chance? I ask cause this lady from Hawaii told me that coconut oil lightens dark hair to reddish brown. Lovely hue girl …

Mznelly

I love your hair MzNelly, especially the color. Do you use a lot of coconut oil by chance? I ask cause this lady from Hawaii told me that coconut oil lightens dark hair to reddish brown. Lovely hue girl …

I sometimes seal with coconut oil, but I was born with reddish brown hair. My mom calls me her red head baby it was way more pronounced when I was younger but I use to color it darker, but since I'm on a HHJ I don't use dyes anymore it will get lighter and lighter. Oh boy I need to look into henna

shyekiera

I sometimes seal with coconut oil, but I was born with reddish brown hair. My mom calls me her red head baby it was way more pronounced when I was younger but I use to color it darker, but since I'm on a HHJ I don't use dyes anymore it will get lighter and lighter. Oh boy I need to look into henna

I would love for my hair to be that color!

freckledface

any idea where you would be able to find a red wig?? I wanna try one but cant find one anywhere.

sorry dont knowif you wig but I'm just excited to see another red head

jprayze

Hey y'all! I've been quiet lately. Nothing new to report, using my 4% mix 1x/day. I actually made my current mix for my mom, but I'm using it until I see her. After that, I will probably just use 2% straight because I gave tons of it.

Last trim was 11/23. No more trims this year. In 2013 I'm going to stay on top of dusting. I usually dust the ends of twists when I'm doing a twist out.

Mznelly your hair looks great, healthy and thriving.

NaturalfienD thanks for your regular updates!

It's taking me forever to do but I'm finally going to post 2013 MN Challenge! Hoping this challenge can help me make my goals of BSL and MBL next year! Current challengers please join if you are interested and welcome to all you gave been lurking!

One last thing!!! Can't wait to see all your end of year results! Lots of pics please. Be sure to tell us what worked and what didn't. I'm getting a flat iron next Saturday, so some time around the 23rd or 24th I should be posting my pics. I'm excited!

Guinan

Re-Branding

Wow, your hair looks so healthy and shineyl!!:yep: And I luv your natural hair color.

jprayze

[USER=334673]SincerelyBeautiful[/USER];17498619 said:
jprayze I know this is totally off subject but upon looking at your profile I realized we shared the same name and its spelled the same as well lol :) small world

That is crazy! I only know 1 other person with the same spelling.

gforceroy

Here is my end of the year update. Also posted in the APL challenge. I was mainly applying MN to my edges. Even though I tried to apply to my whole scalp for a month and a half, I didn't keep it up..maybe I could have had more growth..

Attachments

• 20121213_212746-1-1.jpg
    20121213_212746-1-1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

jprayze

Here is my end of the year update. Also posted in the APL challenge. I was mainly applying MN to my edges. Even though I tried to apply to my whole scalp for a month and a half, I didn't keep it up..maybe I could have had more growth..

Great progress! You will hit BSL in no time!