Miconazole Nitrate

shyekiera

Actually I wil post a pc with the basis in...so u can see the growth from the braids... I am stretching my relaxer and not sure how kind my hair was before...i haven't relaxed in about six months...
I started the mn when I got the braids so I can measure the new growth from how far the braids starts to my scalp if that makes sense

jprayze

g.lo said:
u will make lots of cash!:grin:
tell me do you apply it straight, if not how do you mix it? and to you wash it out daily?

Daily, morning and nite, massaging into the scalp. I don't mix it. I wash my hair every wk if its curly or every other wk if I wear it straight.

SoleilChica

My first LHCF post! Wahoo!

My MN mix consist of 2% MN, amla infused castor oil, mahabhringraj oil, peppermint and tiny drop of eucalyptus. Been using daily since Dec 2011.

This is my holy grail. I am pleased with my results thus far. Not sure on how many inches but I started out at eyebrow/eyelash length at the start of December 2011. Then at the end of March 2012 I was at 'almost chin length'.

Next length check will be in June so hopefully I will be past chin length. Feedback is appreciated.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Soleil2_Dec 2011.jpg
    Soleil2_Dec 2011.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Soleil2_March 2012.jpg
    Soleil2_March 2012.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 84

jprayze

Welcome!!!

SoleilChica said:
My first LHCF post! Wahoo!

My MN mix consist of 2% MN, amla infused castor oil, mahabhringraj oil, peppermint and tiny drop of eucalyptus. Been using daily since Dec 2011.

This is my holy grail. I am pleased with my results thus far. Not sure on how many inches but I started out at eyebrow/eyelash length at the start of December 2011. Then at the end of March 2012 I was at 'almost chin length'.

Next length check will be in June so hopefully I will be past chin length. Feedback is appreciated.

Cheers!

NaiyaAi

Just a quick update: I'm switching my mix to a blend of MN and Keracare's itchy scalp glossifier, which contains salicylic acid, sulfur, and menthol, as well as sunflower and castor oils, with some other filler ingredients as well. I really like the tingly feeling I get from the menthol. ^.^

missyanne

MN worked for me, I got a little over 1 inch the first month and shed excessively. I'm waiting a few more weeks before returning to MN. I was using it straight and it left me with a few sore spots. Next round I plan to mix MN with Haitian Castor oil, Vatika and Grapeseed oil. I wont to add Sulfur but I'm afraid I will further irritate my scalp. I'm also taking Bition and MSM, without the MN I'm getting roughly 3/4 inch a month and I'm shedding less.

MystiqueBabe

Hi ladies a quick update. I wish I could take pictures but I have to wait until I get my camera replaced.

My hair has gone from mid NL to full NL and is quickly approaching SL. All of this within 8 days. I have also been using sulfur so some of my growth can be contributed to that.I mix my MN(Monistat 7) with olive oil, head and shoulders conditioners which also has an ingredient that is beneficial to hair growth and apply it to my scalp at night. Every time I apply it my hair has a growth spurt when I wake up. The area that I have been applying MN to is noticeably thicker and longer. I will continue to use MN.

Also if anyone is wondering I have had NO headaches or negative effects of using both sulfur and MN.

missyanne

Hi ladies a quick update. I wish I could take pictures but I have to wait until I get my camera replaced.

My hair has gone from mid NL to full NL and is quickly approaching SL. All of this within 8 days. I have also been using sulfur so some of my growth can be contributed to that.I mix my MN(Monistat 7) with olive oil, head and shoulders conditioners which also has an ingredient that is beneficial to hair growth and apply it to my scalp at night. Every time I apply it my hair has a growth spurt when I wake up. The area that I have been applying MN to is noticeably thicker and longer. I will continue to use MN.

Also if anyone is wondering I have had NO headaches or negative effects of using both sulfur and MN.

Do you wash your hair the following day or just leave the conditioner on?

Evolving78

i decided to finally try this out. can't hurt right? guess i'm doing it out of boredom. well i started using it a few days ago. at first i mixed a small tube with some avocado oil. i applied it to my scalp. no headaches or anything. it did tingle a bit. well it seemed to have made my new growth a little softer. i decided to try Chavascandy's method with how she mixed hers. i am going to try this until my next touchup 5/12 and see if it works for me. i apply it twice a day with an applicator bottle. i massage it into my scalp.

757diva

Whew lawd. I put this on my scalp 3 or 4 days ago and now my scalp is itching lol What do I do? I don't want to wash my hair and I put it on my scalp straight of the tube :( Can I just add some oil to my scalp to cease the itching? It is working though. I think I'll mix it next time :)

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
757diva said:
Whew lawd. I put this on my scalp 3 or 4 days ago and now my scalp is itching lol What do I do? I don't want to wash my hair and I put it on my scalp straight of the tube :( Can I just add some oil to my scalp to cease the itching? It is working though. I think I'll mix it next time :)

Ohhh yea. it might help to oil your scalp. If that doesn't work you might wanna go ahead and wash it. MN really is drying so mixing will help next time. :)

Glad its working!

Mane Event

I'm considering buyg 99.9% pur MN and making my own mix. Has anyone ever done this???? :grin:(I'm tired of paying for $7+ bucks for monistat! :ohwell:)

NaiyaAi

I'm considering buyg 99.9% pur MN and making my own mix. Has anyone ever done this???? :grin:(I'm tired of paying for $7+ bucks for monistat! :ohwell:)
I've never heard of that, but I would be careful. Most people get headaches just using the two or four percent MN right out of the tube, I can't imagine what pure MN would do... Where would you get something like that?

757diva

Okay. I ended up putting half of my MN tube in a old lotion jar, mixed with coconut oil and some Mango Oil &b Cupuacu butter by Soft Sheen Carson and my scalp isn't itching anymore with this mixture. It's super light like lotion and oily but hopefully it dies down by the morning.

Mane Event

NaiyaAi said:
I've never heard of that, but I would be careful. Most people get headaches just using the two or four percent MN right out of the tube, I can't imagine what pure MN would do... Where would you get something like that?

You can get pure MN from an online pharm/chemical company...not sure if I wld actually go this route with the adive of others. You're right...lots of scary things can happen :-/ and I'm no chemist to be trying to create 4% homemade MN by mixing other juices & berries. I know we have some pros on the board, so I just wanted to see if anyone was doing this and could share some words of widsom!

Last edited:

braidqueen

Ok. I'm new to this and one week ago I NEVER heard a thing about MN being used for hair. Hell I didn't even know what the active ingredient in Monistat was. But I went to the store today and I looked for Neosporin and NONE of them on the shelf had MN as an ingredient. I'm in the Bahamas and I know most of our meds including OTCs come from the UK and Canada. MN wasn't in any of the antifungal creams in any of the pharmacies. Guess I'm going to have to use Monistat 7 which is $14.

The entire crown of my head was bald cause it ALL fell out after a bad bleach job (my bad) Nov 2011. So I've had my hair braided ever since. I can't relax it cause I want it to grow and its sooooo damaged. The rest of my hair is SL but the crown is now bout 2 inches. I can't do anything and if this doesn't work to grow back my crown by December 2012 I may have to do a big chop.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
braidqueen said:
Are there any alternative ingredients I can look for instead of MN but work just as well?

braidqueen. Never tried them before but there's other uh...cooter creams with other active ingredients like ketazole nitrate. Will be right next to the mn.

Never heard of anyone who tried that b4

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Mane Event said:

Definately be careful. Remember mixed in a lab with inactive carrier chemicals and packaged for consumers, it is relatively safe compound. However pure forms of manmade chemicals are rarely safe to handle. Id google the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for miconazole nitrate. That will tell you cancer risk, risks of chemical burns, whether it is stable at room temp or need refrigeration, is flammable, or if you need a special suit to handle it.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Mane Event said:

Definately be careful. Remember mixed in a lab with inactive carrier chemicals and packaged for consumers, it is relatively safe compound. However pure forms of manmade chemicals are rarely safe to handle. Id google the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for miconazole. nitrate. That will tell you cancer risk, risks of chemical burns, whether it is stable at room temp or need refrigeration, is flammable, or if you need a special suit to handle it.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I found a .32oz = 9 grams of MN 2% in my undies draw, Im finna mix this up with something after I research.

ETA: I kept it simple
1oz of JBCO
1/2oz of Emu Oil
.32oz = 9 grams of MN 2%

I will be taking pics tomorrow morning of my edges for progress pics, and using this twice a day after applying my moisturizer.

Last edited:

braidqueen

@braidqueen

You can look for the athlete's foot products. I think that I read somewhere that it contains the same ingredients.

Yeah I did that but NONE of them had MN as the ingredient and I look through all at four pharmacies and three drug stores. You see here in the
Bahamas all these pharmacies and drug stores buy stuff from the same wholesalers so if one or two don't have it you're not likely to find it amywhere else. One or two products did have something call clotrimozole. Anyone heard of it?