Miconazole Nitrate

jprayze

So...I went on vacation for a few days and wasn't as diligent as I have been with my 2x/day application. Anyway, I'm back and will be back on it starting tonight. I will post an update pic soon that will serve as my update for this thread as well as some of my other challenges. Keep the updates coming! :grin:

AdoreMsK67

I feel the need to join this thread! After having my children back to back ( they are 10 months apart and the same age for 2 months) I had a massive shed and my hair never grew back. I went to the dermatologist and he wants to do a biopsy on my scalp. I don't know how I feel about that and want to seek alternatives first. I did a lot of research on mn and saw someone who added minoxidil to their mn. Has anyone ever tried that? At any rate I attempted to put braid in my hair as a starting picture because the parts Are so wide and if mn works for me then the parts should begin to fill in. I will mix my 4% with evoo and Vatika coconut oil. Here I goooo....

DaughterOfZion1

jprayze wow that is amazing progress!!! About how many inches would you say you got?

Can you tell me exactly what you do/how you use the product? I know you apply 2 times a day and you dont mix the product correct?

How frequently are your washing?

Thanks!!

KhandiB

Funny story, I was listening to a morning show here where I live in MD, its on a pop station, and the host Kane was talking about how he read that Monistat makes your hair grow, I thought about the board! LOL, Like we been knew that

mamaore

I started using MN 2 weeks ago. I apply it 3 times a week. I mixed mine with Oil and conditioner.
I only applied to the left side of my head because I want the left side to catch up to the right side.
Ive stopped applying it this week sinec I plan to TU this weekend. I cant say its working yet. I will document my progress when I start using it again after my TU.

jprayze

@jprayze wow that is amazing progress!!! About how many inches would you say you got?

Can you tell me exactly what you do/how you use the product? I know you apply 2 times a day and you dont mix the product correct?

How frequently are your washing?

Thanks!!

It looks like a good 2 inches to me in a little over a month. My growth was really at a standstill and I was getting frustrated with it so I thought I would give it try. I wash every other wk if I'm straightened, or every week if I'm bunning or wearing it curly. I put the MN on my fingertips and give my scalp a good massage and I usually put a little extra on my edges. I try to make sure my scalp stays oiled as well because I hear that MN can be drying.

NaiyaAi

I stopped applying a week ago because my new growth is at the length it would normally be when I relax it. I don't stretch my relaxers, but if I keep using MN I just might have to start because I don't know how I feel about having to relax my hair more often because it's growing faster now.

jprayze

I stopped applying a week ago because my new growth is at the length it would normally be when I relax it. I don't stretch my relaxers, but if I keep using MN I just might have to start because I don't know how I feel about having to relax my hair more often because it's growing faster now.

My problem is similar...I don't relax but I do lighten my hair with a prodcut that has peroxide and I am really having trouble keeping up. My roots stay dark, but I don't want to overdo it. :nono:

jprayze

Btw...I need a trim too..so sad...I hate trimming, but it's necessary. So I'm take another pic after my trim, baby my ends, and keep applying MN.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
braidqueen said:
Yeah I did that but NONE of them had MN as the ingredient and I look through all at four pharmacies and three drug stores. You see here in the
Bahamas all these pharmacies and drug stores buy stuff from the same wholesalers so if one or two don't have it you're not likely to find it amywhere else. One or two products did have something call clotrimozole. Anyone heard of it?

Clotrimazole is also an antifungal ingredient used as an alternative to mn. Is also in athletes foot or jock itch creams.

jprayze

Another cheer for MN! Here's 2 pics of twistouts. The one with the red flower taken on March 1st and the other one taken today! Big difference.

before.JPG

picstitch.jpg

jprayze

metro_qt

My regi is pretty simple right now...no other growth aids. I alternate between apricot, grapeseed, avocado, and JBCO oils. I use CD's Tui shampoo and the Black Vanilla Leave In right now.

sheanu

QUESTION:

For all you ladies getting this enviable growth from mn, what else are you doing?
By that I mean your overall hair, skin and general body regimen like exercise (If so, how often?), vitamins (which ones?), special diet, etc. Baggying? Scalp massages?

thanks!

DaughterOfZion1

Miconazole Nitrate 2 % Antifungal Cream - 1 Oz (Pack of 6)

NaiyaAi

sheanu

I don't exercise. I take a multivitamin with extra biotin added in (the CVS brand), and MSM pills (also the CVS brand). My diet sucks, in the typical fashion of a college student.

As for my hair regimen, when I apply the MN, I do it once nightly before I moisturize, massaging my scalp as I apply. Other than that, I don't do anything extra special. Wash and DC weekly, rollerset after every wash, M&S nightly, PS always, etc.

jprayze

QUESTION:

For all you ladies getting this enviable growth from mn, what else are you doing?
By that I mean your overall hair, skin and general body regimen like exercise (If so, how often?), vitamins (which ones?), special diet, etc. Baggying? Scalp massages?

thanks!

sheanu

I posted my products a few posts back. I mostly wear my hair straight and I go to the Dominican Salons about once a month, but now trying to lay off the heat. I don't exercise like I should, very sporadically, sometimes not 1x/wk (trying to do better). My vitamin use is sporadic too-- but when I do it's 1000 mcg biotin and a generic multivitamin once a day. I'm not on a special diet, but I do try to stay away from fast food and the like. Wish I drank more water. I've never baggied before. I think that the MN application is good too because it does ensure that I massaged my scalp twice a day. HTH!

Ms. Tiki

I've been lurking in this thread lately. I normally mix my MN with sulfur, MT, and oils. However, I've decided to use it straight out of the tube and see what happens. So far no headaches or anything like that. I'm starting to get some itching. I'm going to try it this way for a couple of weeks to see if I can tell a difference. If not I'm going back to my mix

jprayze

Ms. Tiki said:
I've been lurking in this thread lately. I normally mix my MN with sulfur, MT, and oils. However, I've decided to use it straight out of the tube and see what happens. So far no headaches or anything like that. I'm starting to get some itching. I'm going to try it this way for a couple of weeks to see if I can tell a difference. If not I'm going back to my mix

Ms. Tiki how often are u applying?

serenity34

I have been eyeing this thread and at first i was like, no im not doing that until i saw the progress picture so im game. I contacted the local pharmacy and asked if they could order just straigh miconazole nitrate and they said yes so i ordered it. Is anyone gonna start a challenge?