microbraids... curlformers vs flexi-rods

PassionFruit

I live in Maryland where micros cost $250+.... Im going home to NYC for the weekend and since Im there my daughter is getting micros tomorrow for about $100....... but her prom is in 2 weeks

she decided that since she is transitioning again and has 2 inches of new growth, this would be a good time...

So we were talking about hairstyles for prom & now an wondering if she can get some cute curls or spirals even... but now the question is, which would better to achieve the look.... Curlformers or flexi-rods... I have PLENTY of flexi-rods already... I need to make a decision quick in case I need to order Curlformers online ( my local Sallys doesnt carry them)

Wanderland

I would say go with the flexi rods especially if you know how to use them (and I am a CF's pusher!). I don't know how easy/hard it would be to get the braids through the curlformers nor how well it would set.
I would suggest slightly dampening her hair (maybe with spray bottle) setting it on flexirods and getting under the dryer for it to really set.

~~HoneyComb~~

I am recently braid my hair leaving 1/2 of my hair loose. I love the style, the braids are my own hair. I used flexirods to curl my hair and I love the results. I am able to separate the braided curls and the style lasts a while and it looks really pretty. I don't know how you would get braided hair through CFs, but with flexirods, you can wet the hair a little and it will adhere to the rod.

CurliDiva

I convinced my neice to let use curlformers on her - after I rip a few pieces of hair out :blush: I got the hair to slide into the curlformers. I still don't know why it was so hard and she has completely relaxed hair (no kinks).

:nono: do a TEST RUN, before trying these rollers before such a big event!