Middle Back Length (mbl)

Kerryann

Wtfunk is going here alrighty then..... Op congrats and your shrinkage is awesome. Don't pay the rude folks here any attention

NaturalJael

OP great job, but when you say that you washed and sealed with shea butter, you didn't deep condition? Awesome.

Thanks! Well, not in the tradition sense that you are thinking about. ApHogee Moisture Conditioner sits for about 5 minutes then I rinse it out. With the Wen, I let it sit until I finish showering then rinse, then I add a little more to the ends, per the instructions. I follow the instructions of all the products that I use. I have found that I get consistent results that way.

I stopped deep conditioning as we know it because it took to long for me. Now, if I am using a product that instructed me to let it sit for 15 mins with heat then I would but with my current regimen, I am getting very good results without plus I'm keeping it simple :)

KaramelDiva1978

OP I like that you were goal oriented for 15 weeks. You will see a lot of that on this board...30 and 60 day challenges. There is strength and fun in numbers. Welcome Aboard!

BraunSugar

Congrats on reaching MBL!!! That's what I set my ultimate hair goal to be. I may go for waist length after I get there depending on how simple I can keep my regimen. I'm very happy for you! :)

NaturalJael

OP I like that you were goal oriented for 15 weeks. You will see a lot of that on this board...30 and 60 day challenges. There is strength and fun in numbers. Welcome Aboard!

Thanks! It was well needed because it helped pin point where I thought my problems lie and how I was going to attack. Actually, alot of what I was doing then have turned into healthy hair habits for me now. I am doing another personal challenge because I want to find out if I can retain the 5 inches needed to reach WL by April 2013.

NaturalJael

Congrats on reaching MBL!!! That's what I set my ultimate hair goal to be. I may go for waist length after I get there depending on how simple I can keep my regimen. I'm very happy for you! :)

Your curls are the cutest in the picture strip!

Thanks for the compliment! I keep my regimen pretty simple and stick with what works. If it stops working, I change. But it pretty much stays the same unless I decide to experiment.
I am growing to waist, as I will need to wait for the rest of my hair to catch up with my sprinting hairs. I don't know how long that will take :ohwell:

virtuenow

Thank you for sharing. The best part about it, your hair is "thickly" at mbl. What protective styles did you wear? The blog does not specify. Also, did you have dred locs? How long did you wear them & why did you get rid of them? What is your moisturizer now?

NaturalJael

IMFOCSD said:
She did :look:

anyway...beautiful lovely hair :yep: NaturalJael

Thanks for the compliment. But I was not getting defensive. I'm sharing my accomplishment with my fellow natural ladies.

I miss understood your comment. I didn't see the smiley from my phone. I just want to say thanks for the compliment, edit the rest :)

Last edited:

Ogoma

Thanks! Well, not in the tradition sense that you are thinking about. ApHogee Moisture Conditioner sits for about 5 minutes then I rinse it out. With the Wen, I let it sit until I finish showering then rinse, then I add a little more to the ends, per the instructions. I follow the instructions of all the products that I use. I have found that I get consistent results that way.

I stopped deep conditioning as we know it because it took to long for me. Now, if I am using a product that instructed me to let it sit for 15 mins with heat then I would but with my current regimen, I am getting very good results without plus I'm keeping it simple :)

I love reading this because I have stopped deep conditioning for longer than it takes me to shower as well. I love playing with my hair, but it needs to fit seamlessly into my life :lol:

Ogoma

Thanks! It was well needed because it helped pin point where I thought my problems lie and how I was going to attack. Actually, alot of what I was doing then have turned into healthy hair habits for me now. I am doing another personal challenge because I want to find out if I can retain the 5 inches needed to reach WL by April 2013.

Sorry for the multiple posts.

Congrats and I am sure you'll get there.

NaturalJael

Ogoma said:
I love reading this because I have stopped deep conditioning for longer than it takes me to shower as well. I love playing with my hair, but it needs to fit seamlessly into my life :lol:

Oh yes! I definitely understand where you are coming from. It has help me streamline what I do to my hair on a regular basis. I'm truly aiming to keep it simple.

How does your hair like it?

Ogoma

Oh yes! I definitely understand where you are coming from. It has help me streamline what I do to my hair on a regular basis. I'm truly aiming to keep it simple.

How does your hair like it?

So far so good. I have not had any problems. My hair seems to have grown up quite a bit this year, it is not as finicky as it was before. I have been able to seamlessly slot haircare into my life and it takes less time daily than my skin routine :lol:.

NaturalJael

Ogoma said:
So far so good. I have not had any problems. My hair seems to have grown up quite a bit this year, it is not as finicky as it was before. I have been able to seamlessly slot haircare into my life and it takes less time daily than my skin routine :lol:.

Ah shucks, we maybe on to something... Lol

NaturalJael

Thank you for sharing. The best part about it, your hair is "thickly" at mbl. What protective styles did you wear? The blog does not specify. Also, did you have dred locs? How long did you wear them & why did you get rid of them? What is your moisturizer now?

virtuenow,
You are welcome! Let's see... for styles, I main wear two strand twists or some type of loose hair tuck up do. I style my twists in buns or french rolls. Oh, I wear flat twist also.

Not any more. I had locs back in 2009. I wore them for 6 months, then I began missing my loose hair terribly. I started missing everything about it. I thought long and hard and decided to comb them out.

You may not believe this but I only use water to add moisture to my hair. If I need to spritz my hair between washes, I'll spritz with water and almond oil. But I don't do it as often. But if I need to I do. Honestly, protein treatments have helped my hair tremendously, IMHO. Filling in the gaps or holes along the hairs strand to help retain moisture and make the strand whole has made all the difference in how my hair look and feel.

TamedTresses

OP, I see that you've received your official (unofficial) LHCF welcome. :lol: It was Sunday...Sundays can be a bit :spinning: around here.

Congrats on reaching MBL!

NaturalJael

TamedTresses said:
OP, I see that you've received your official (unofficial) LHCF welcome. :lol: It was Sunday...Sundays can be a bit :spinning: around here.

Congrats on reaching MBL!

Thank you! Im glad I'm a quick learner... Lol

WendellaWoody

CONGRATULATIONS ON ACHIEVING YOUR GOAL!!! This is outstanding and gives me the encouraging boost I need to reach my ultimate goal of MBL and then WL!

And, regarding the negative comments and attitudes...you handled them with grace and dignity. Kudos to you on that note too!!!