Mielle Organics Products

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Haven't purchased since the shipping sky-rocketed. For me, they basically out-priced themselves with excessive shipping costs.:nono:

There are several vendors out there that killed it with me, because of their shipping costs and unfortunately Mielle is one of them.:perplexed:

I wonder why Flat Rate Shipping is such a 'foreign concept' with some of these folks.:angry2:

JerriBlank

Haven't purchased since the shipping sky-rocketed. For me, they basically out-priced themselves with excessive shipping costs.:nono:

There are several vendors out there that killed it with me, because of their shipping costs and unfortunately Mielle is one of them.:perplexed:

I wonder why Flat Rate Shipping is such a 'foreign concept' with some of these folks.:angry2:
She raised her shipping in less than a year? :sad:
What did it used to be? Yeah that $8+ was too much for me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@JerriBlank
I've paid anywhere between $3.50 - $5.95. Not to mention "Free Shipping" at times.

And I was Killin' it too. I was an ordering fool.:eek:

A Regula'.:look: The Sales/Discounts were great and the Shipping was good.

And then all of a sudden she raised her shipping costs and I had to pull back. I had to pump my Brakes and move on.

ETA: I hate when the shipping costs are almost the cost of product.

Smiley79

I also heard they'll be selling some of their products in Sallys stores soon, which is great because I always have a great coupon

Good to hear, the recovering PJ in me would love to give this line a try. I've always been curious about it.

faithVA

This product is now supposed to be in Sally's. I will check mine in March to see if they carry it. I doubt they will carry the whole line.

JerriBlank

I only need that DC! I can tell that nothing else will work for me, so I'm not even going to bother. That DC sounds like a must-try tho.

Anaisin

meaning which one would it be a considered. a protein or a moisture conditioner?
having amino acids makes it a protein?

It's a balancing DC. Ever heard of protein overload and moisture overload? The former makes your hair rough/hard the latter gives you hydral fatigue and makes your hair mushy, weak etc.

And yes, that makes it protein. If you look at the ingredients, amino acids are listed after babassu oil.

"Hair is made primarily of a protein called keratin. Hair keratin is formed from 16 amino acids, which become ‘keratinized’ (they form keratin) in the scalp, before hair emerges from the scalps surface."

Keratin is the essential component of hair. It is a protein formed by the combination of 18 amino acids , among which cysteine deserves special mention, being rich in sulphur and playing an important role in the cohesion of the hair. It is produced by the keratinocytes"

Smiley79

I got it from a hair box and it doesn't do anything for me. I would consider it a pretty light treatment probably good for someone who is sensitive to protein.

I finished my jar of it and although I love how much slip it gave my hair, i was not able to easily detangle with it. So that's why I was curious about it. Overall it is a very good product. I think I would repurchase it again though since my daughter especially loved it.

SmilingElephant

I like the cowash conditioner, with its tricky self. :lol: You rub it onto your hair and the stuff just immediately disappears. It was hard not to keep piling it on, because it didn't feel like anything was there.

I left it on during my shower, which was maybe 15-20 minutes. When I rinsed, my hair was so soft and felt great.

I also LOVE the leave in and hair milk. They're all definite repurchases.

This was my issue with the cowash! :lol: Everything you just said! I hated that I felt I had to keep piling it on.

I have a lot of hair and I was just killing that poor little bottle. :nono:

I think I got about 3 uses out of it :(

The vitamins and the DC are my favorite. Haven't tried anything else due to all the products being extremely lightweight for me.

I use the oil...not really a fan of Peppermint but I use it and it's awesome for killing pimples on my face. I just dab a little on and go to sleep. :)

NappyKinks

A comprehensive a.k.a. long arse Mielle Organics Review so you might want to grab a snack.:pop:

I was curious about this brand but not too hopeful when I received four Mielle products in my March CurlBox Natural; the Advanced Healthy Hair Formula Vitamins, Detangling CoWash, Avocado Hair Milk and Mint Almond Oil. As expected, I wasn't too thrilled when I first tried them but was certain that my poor experience was due to a lack of conditioners, namely a DC and a Leave-in.o_O

I did enjoy the CoWash and it is now one of my favorites thus far.:D My hair isn't very dense right now so I guess that's one reason why it works well for me. On first application it felt like a thick leave-in because it absorbed right into my strands, but it DID cleanse my hair very well. It also left my strands feeling soft, shiny and fluffy. The trick I used was to apply it to lightly damp hair and work through like a moisturizer. Since it's not harsh or sudsy, I sometimes refresh old twists with it if I have errands to run on or around wash day. Then later I'd rinse it out and continue with the rest of my routine. Of course this works best when I don't have tons of product build-up in which case I'd use a sulfate-free shampoo instead.

Initially I wasn't too impressed with the Hair Milk and Oil because the combo left my next day hair feeling very thirsty and dry. :naughty: I grudgingly purchased the Babassu Oil & Mint DC and White Peony Ultra Moisturizing Leave-in from Sally's in an attempt to improve my results. The next wash day I tried all of the products again but this time I used the conditioners and there was a marked improvement in the overall performance of these products. :meme:

The DC is hands down my favorite product in the line. :lick::lick: I love the easy application, soothing feeling on my scalp, minty fragrance and overall feel of my hair, both before and after rinsing. It took a minute to get use to the loose consistency. I used waaaaay too much on my first attempt because like the CoWash, it quickly absorbed into my strands. It is definitely a balancing condish and for me it is equally moisturizing and strengthening. It doesn't leave my hair butter soft but it doesn't leave it dry or hard either. It's also one of the few DCs that both refreshes and sooths my scalp. I will continue to purchase this product if nothing else from the line.

After rinsing out the DC I continue with the L.O.C method. I apply the Leave-in to lightly damp hair a section at a time, immediately following each application with the Oil then Milk. Alone the Leave-in is nothing to write home about. It's very watery with little slip and doesn't immediately affect the feel of my hair. However once layered and with the Milk and Oil I found it to be very moisturizing. It takes a few minutes for the trio to work their magic, but their combined results are awesome. I doubt that I'd ever use these products individually, even when I refresh I use all three. Also I recently tried the L.C.O method and now believe that this method works best for me when using these products. So from now on after the Leave-in, I'll be using the Hair Milk and then the Oil.

Overall all this is a very good NHC line imo. For me the DC is the star of the show :cup:and the Oil is better than you would expect for a product with only three simple ingredients. The Hair Milk is okay but it's no Muru Muru Moisture Milk or Sapote Hair Lotion or Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream or Sweet Vanilla Hair Milk or Coconut Moisture Cream or Dream Cream or Moroccan Silk Moisture Milk or Marula Muru/Melon Moisture Guru or Nappy Hair Butter, etc., but it worked well with the line and together with the Leave-in and Oil leaves my hair soft, smooth, shiny and moisturized for days.

The Vitamins are just vitamins to me. I didn't notice any significant growth after a month of use but that is to be expected. I had previously received the Manetabolism Plus vitamins in my January CurlBox Natural and after a month of use there was also no significant hair growth, though my nails did grow long and strong. It is important to note however that although the Mielle Organics vitamins did not grow my hair faster than normal, it did seem to reduce my recent excessive shedding. If I could get a similar biotin rich supplement with MSM, silica and saw palmetto for less $$ I'll be all over it. Will I repurchase the vitamins? I don't know, maybe, maybe not. If I ever experience another bout of excessive shedding I may revisit Mielle vitamins providing I haven't found a suitable substitute.

There is also a Shampoo and Edge control in the line that I have yet to purchase. I'm not too big on edge control and Sally's doesn't carry the Babassu Shampoo. Until then I'll stick with my Mane Choice Easy in the Curls Detangling Hydration Shampoo which I thoroughly enjoy, but that's a review for another thread.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Has anyone tried this product -- the Mielle Organics Curl Sculpting Custard from the pomegranate and honey line?

If so, what is your review? Thanks in advance!

leona2025

Has anyone tried this product -- the Mielle Organics Curl Sculpting Custard from the pomegranate and honey line?

If so, what is your review? Thanks in advance!

I have tried this as well as the the curl smoothie, ginger gel, and leave in. I didn't like any of the products.

The custard is too heavy for my hair and it left it weighed down. By comparison I tend to use Mane Choice Crystal Orchid gel for wash n gos, but the MC twist gel was too heavy for my wash n go. The olive oil Eco styler is also too heavy. So if the Eco and twist gel doesn't weigh your hair down you may want to try it.

I used the leave in and the smoothie as my leave in under this gel. My hair was soft and there was lots of slip. With the ginger gel I got tons of volume and good definition, but my hair felt horrible and rough and there was no slip at all.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I have tried this as well as the the curl smoothie, ginger gel, and leave in. I didn't like any of the products.

The custard is too heavy for my hair and it left it weighed down. By comparison I tend to use Mane Choice Crystal Orchid gel for wash n gos, but the MC twist gel was too heavy for my wash n go. The olive oil Eco styler is also too heavy. So if the Eco and twist gel doesn't weigh your hair down you may want to try it.

I used the leave in and the smoothie as my leave in under this gel. My hair was soft and there was lots of slip. With the ginger gel I got tons of volume and good definition, but my hair felt horrible and rough and there was no slip at all.

:scratchchin: Hmm. Thanks for sharing. I might like the custard, then. I'm worried about it flaking. On the jar, it warned about flaking and how to try to prevent it. I've never seen a product warn about flaking! The ginger gel flaked HORRIBLY on my hair. I had to return it to Sally's pronto. (I think. I might have sold it. Not sure. Anyhow, it had to leave. :lol: )

I'm curious about it for two reasons:
1. The jar said it is for "deep definition."
2. I'd like to get down to ONE product for my wash and go, to save time and money.

leona2025

:scratchchin: Hmm. Thanks for sharing. I might like the custard, then. I'm worried about it flaking. On the jar, it warned about flaking and how to try to prevent it. I've never seen a product warn about flaking! The ginger gel flaked HORRIBLY on my hair. I had to return it to Sally's pronto. (I think. I might have sold it. Not sure. Anyhow, it had to leave. :lol: )

I'm curious about it for two reasons:
1. The jar said it is for "deep definition."
2. I'd like to get down to ONE product for my wash and go, to save time and money.

I think I had some flaking with all the products, but it may just be that I was heavy handed. I did about 4 wash n gos to just truly test before I got rid of them all. I want to do a one product wash n go too, but I am afraid my hair will be dry if I try it.

Oh I didnt even read the instructions on the jar lol

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Bought the Pomegranate Leave-In during the BF Sale (still haven't tried).

Ended up getting x3 Babbasu & Mint DC'er B2G1 Free from Sally back in 2017. They rang me up wrong and I think I ended up only paying for x1.

Recently bought during their 40% Sale more Babbasu DC'er and something else (I can't think of right now)?

I also got x2 of the Rosemary & Mint Scalp Oils, but it couldn't hold a candle to Curls Blueberry and Mint Scalp Tea (sadly).

Nothing is a true "must-have" but I do like the DC'er. And I did like the Cowash and enjoyed the Oil.