Mini Baggying/French Braid Challenge

davisbr88

Hi, ladies:
So I know that 2 weeks is not a long time to do a challenge, but I have exactly 2 weeks until I am installing my crochets, and I am trying to keep my hair protected until then.
Here is going to be my regimen from tonight until May 7:

Sun: DC with protein conditioner; follow-up with moisturizing conditioner
Wed: Co-wash with a cheapie V05 protein conditioner
Daily: Apply MN mixture to scalp; moisturize hair with ORS Olive Oil lotion; seal in with Bronner Bros. Growth Oil; cover head with plastic shower cap and satin bonnet before.
In the morning, obviously I will French braid my hair.

Like I said, I know it's going to be really, really short (and this is short notice), but feel free to join me if you want. I am going to monitor my ends and see if it makes a difference. Ideally at the end of the two weeks, I should have 1/4" of new growth, so I will see if that happens.

davisbr88

i would join but my hair is entirely 2 short for me 2 french braid :( lol im gna get it there tho!

Haha. You don't have to do a French braid... maybe you can do another protective style. I'm really just using this opportunity to try baggying out. I honestly don't care how I wear my hair that much. But if you want to try out baggying as well, feel free to join in. Nothing special. No rules on styles - just do whatever you want for low-manipulation and to protect your ends. I am pinning the end of my braid up so it's not rubbing on my back.