Mini Braid Challenge- Fall 2012

Just11412

everyone's set looks great. mine on the other hand... i totally need to take these things down but i'm stillf finish up some school work so the week after next.

jesusislove1526

posting these here too. perm rods on my ends.

You are so making me miss my minis! Gorgeous!

jesusislove1526

I loosened my ends yesterday. Today my braids have been in for 2 weeks. These pictures are a shrunken wash and go of sorts for the ends and the bun I put them in afterwards.

Attachments

• 12-11-12--Braids w Loosened Ends-2 weeks in (2).jpg
    12-11-12--Braids w Loosened Ends-2 weeks in (2).jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 12-11-12--Loosened Ends Bun (3).jpg
    12-11-12--Loosened Ends Bun (3).jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 65

ravenhairedcharm

Just a question for everyone, what is the longest amount of time you've kept your braids in? I plan on redoing my braids over and over but I want to know how long I can keep them in per "session". Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

manter26

I loosened my ends yesterday. Today my braids have been in for 2 weeks. These pictures are a shrunken wash and go of sorts for the ends and the bun I put them in afterwards.

The color is so pretty...I've never noticed it before. What did you use?

Just a question for everyone, what is the longest amount of time you've kept your braids in? I plan on redoing my braids over and over but I want to know how long I can keep them in per "session". Thanks in advance.

I can go 2 months with no problems but I usually leave them in for about 6 weeks.

BraunSugar

I'm on week 3. Tonight I'm going to wash & DC as usual. I think I may remove this set in a couple weeks because I have to do a progress reveal for the end of the year. I'm very happy with my growth and retention. I'll be doing another set in mid Jan.

jesusislove1526

manter26- It was Clairol Textures and Tones Red Hot Red. I usually put one in every 6 months, but I'm considering giving up coloring because my roots are already starting to grow out and I just put it in about 3 weeks ago. Maybe my hair just grows too fast to continue putting color on it. I won't do it again until May, so I will continue to think on whether I will do it again or not.

simplyevanescent- I usually keep my braids in for around 6 weeks at the most.

jesusislove1526

I wanted to post my hairstyle today that I did after what can be called a "cornrowout" with my braids still in, but the ends loosened. The first picture is of the cornrowout, and the other three are of the swoop style that I did afterwards. I didn't want to leave it down because I am constantly thinking about what that does with my hair touching the fabrics.

Attachments

• 12-15-12--Braided Cornrowout (3).jpg
    12-15-12--Braided Cornrowout (3).jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 12-15-12--Side Swoop (2).jpg
    12-15-12--Side Swoop (2).jpg
    245 KB · Views: 51
  • 12-15-12--Side Swoop (3).jpg
    12-15-12--Side Swoop (3).jpg
    253 KB · Views: 53
  • 12-15-12--Side Swoop.jpg
    12-15-12--Side Swoop.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 60

BraunSugar

I got all of my braids removed and I'm wearing a WnG for the holidays. This set of mini braids was my most successful to date. I wore them for 5 weeks. They are now a staple in my protective styling regimen. I don't think I can say enough good things about them :lol:. Even though the install and take down seem like a long time, I have to consider the fact that I can keep them in for a month or longer and the retention is very good. That makes them worth doing IMO.

manter26

Thank you! I'm glad everyone is enjoying them and having good results. I'll make one thread for all of 2013 and tag whoever is interested. :)

NaturalfienD

Final Check In for 2012 ...

Hi ladies, I have attached my photos from June 2012 until December 2012 ...
I have my hair flat ironed now but I will be installing mini braids in two or three weeks, as soon as I can create the time to get them installed. I am excited about continuing this challenge in 2013 because I love the style and I got great results from mini braids. I hope you all are enjoying the holidays ... see you all in a couple weeks. <3

Here is the side, June 2012:

062012side.JPG

Here is the side, December 2012:

side.jpg

Here is the back, June 2012:

0620122.JPG

Here is the back, December 2012:

back2013.jpg