Miss quick fast set

mirrormirror

Hey girls

I have a question for ya'll, has anyone know anything abut Miss Quick 5 fast set, setting lotion, I think thats the name of it. It seems like it is an old brand from years ago. It is in a clear bttle, with pink liquid. I was in the beauty supply today and saw it. And it seems very promising, I can vaguely rememeber the ingredients but I do know it has water, glycerin, silk amino acids, I cant remember the rest. So let me know if ya'll know anything about it.

Thanks in advance

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Miss Cool 5 Minute Fast Set?! Talk about a blast from the past! IIRC, this was a Soft Sheen/Carson product...

I used this for dry roller sets when I first started relaxing my hair in the mid 1980's. I set my hair every night before going to bed with this stuff. My curls held and my hair was soft and not greasy. It built up on my hair quickly, though. I don't think it was supposed to be used a dry hair on a daily basis...

This was the first hair product I loved that was discontinued. I haven't seen it since the early 1990's. Are they bringing it back? I'd be concerned that it has been sitting in a warehouse somewhere since 1985.

sweetcocoa

I have some Miss Cool left over and so far it's not going bad. I've use it mostly when I want to refresh my rollet set. I used to use it to wet set before I discovered Lottabody Creme. I also used to use (just a little) with a curling iron. I don't know about on a daily basis though. It would probably leave a buildup. They don't make this anymore so any bottles you find will be the last of it.

Robin41

I used to use this stuff all the time for dry sets. I'd use it to roll my hair when I got up in the morning and by the time I was ready to go, I'd have a head full of curls. I've really missed this product so I hope they're bringing it back. There's really nothing else like it on the market that I've found.

mirrormirror

They have tons of it at the beauty supply store where I am, and it's been there for a while too. I figured it's a long time ago product, cause the packaging does not look up to date. Im going to buy it today.

Luli

MirrorMirror,

What area are you in, if I could get a hold of some that would be great
. I'm in DC.

Lee

Wow, I'v looked every where for this product. Miss Cool made my hair soft, managable and easy to style. I would love to get some of this. Can you ask the lady where does she order from. And let us know. Thanks!!

azul11

I have never heard of any of these products before. Would the ingredients still be good if it has been there for so many years.
God bless you all.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I was hoping it was making a comeback... I guess as long as it isn't separated in the bottle it's still fresh. I still buy Lustrasilk HPC and I know it was discontinued in the 1980's. They make stuff like that to last light years anyway. I wish I could find some--I'll bet it would be nice for braid-outs on natural hair...

Give it a try--it's was a really good product!

mirrormirror

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Luli said:
MirrorMirror,

What area are you in, if I could get a hold of some that would be great
. I'm in DC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Luli
I live in the gaithersburg area.

mirrormirror

Actually the bottle says: Original formula Quick set styling system, 5 minute fast set.

I really like the consistency, it has a light conditioner type feeling. So Im not sure if its Miss Cool that has been renamed and or repackaged.

Original formula quick set is a professional product designed for uses with all thermal styling devices. Quick set is designed to insulate the hair from heat damage due to blowdrying, curling irons and hot roller sets. Quick set leaves the hair feeling softer with added body and great control and flexibility. Quick set detangles without leaving hair limp.

ingredients:
water
glycerin
cetyl alcohol
proplene glycol
myristamidpropyl dimethlamine phosphate
sil amino acids
collagen
acetemide MEA
DMDM hydantoin
mink oil
fragrance
methylparaben

mocha105

I've been using miss cool ever since i started taking good care of my hair and i've had excellent results. When I roller set, it leaves a curl in my hair that lasts for at least a couple of days. Im in nyc n my mom picked it up at love stores on 72nd b/w columbus and amsterdam but u should be able to get it at any BS store or even a duane reade. Mine is in a pink bottle and contains a pink formula. HTH

H

HairObsessed

I have been in desperate pursuit of this setting lotion for about 3 months now and can't find it anywhere here in Miami. I was told it was discontinued a few years ago but that some beauty supply stores might still have it in stock. I've checked Cincinnati (where I originally purchased it), Nashville and Miami with no luck. Does anyone know of a supply store in S. Florida that still has some??
Mirrormirror - Whats the name of the store that has it in your area? Do you know if they ship??? Please let me know.

mirrormirror

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
HairObsessed said:
Mirrormirror - Whats the name of the store that has it in your area? Do you know if they ship??? Please let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its's DJ'S Beauty Suppy in Gaithersburg, MD- 301-216-2882
I really dont know if they do shipping.