Missing Us Couple In Dr. Apparently Drove Car Into The Sea?

Discussion in 'News - Breaking News & Political Forum' started by rabs77, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Laela

Laela Between point A and point B

Blog Posts:
    I think the U.S. should fly family members to the resorts when "mysterious deaths" occur so they can bring the bodies back themselves. I know there's a lot of red tape involved, but this is something that should be looked in to. The son had been told he couldn't get a toxicology report because the machine was " broken" .. The FBI needs to deep-dive, stat! How are people still dying while the FBI is investigating??

2. TrulyBlessed

TrulyBlessed Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    The ashes part concerns me as well...

First let me say that I hate this is happening at all to anyone of any race but I’m glad that the victims are not limited to black people. When white bodies are involved things seem be taken more seriously and acted upon quicker. Had this been limited to only black victims who knows how long it would’ve taken to get the FBI and other U.S. federal agents involved.

3. SoniT

SoniT Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I saw that the latest woman who died was staying at Excellence resort. The others were at Bahia Principe and Hard Rock. The Shark Tank lady clarified the news reports about her brother. She said that her brother was not staying at a hotel and had an existing condition. She said that the news reports are lumping his death together with the others. I think at this point any time someone dies in D.R., there's going to be a news story about it. A woman was swept away by a rip current and there was a news story about "another death in Dominican Republic." I hope that the FBI releases their findings so we can know what's going on.

4. BrownSkin2

BrownSkin2 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I went to the Dominican Republic in 2014 and stayed at the Bahia Principle Resort in Punta Cuna. It was an all-inclusive deal and had a fabulous time.

I will not be going back any time soon! This is all so sad and suspicious.

There was also reports that the Dominican Republic charge alot of money to ship dead bodies back. It was insinuated that's a business.

janaq2003, SoniT and prettyinpurple like this.
  5. cinnespice

cinnespice Hello is me your looking for?

Blog Posts:
    I went to DR in 2015 and never planned on going back.
    Nothing bad happened but the way they treat Haitians does not sit right me at all.
    I have quite a few friends that are Dominican so I'm not going to say I don't like them but after going there and reading up on the past it's too much.
    For some reason when I went there I barely ate. I lived on bottled water, bread, cheese and maybe some fruit. Like to the point my friends kept asking if I was OK. My stomach just wouldn't let me for some reason I had a taste for nothing. I barely drank alcohol.
    At the end of it 2 out of the 4 of us had tummy issues.

I will be on a cruise in August and my family choose a port in DR. I have already told my family like if your going on excursion that is up to you but I'm good.
    My sister and I have decided not go pass the cruise port. We may walk around a bit in and comeback. We may just enjoy the boat all day.

Too much suspicious stuff in a short period of time has gone down, but then again they hide stuff too.

6. SoniT

SoniT Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I was also cautious about what I ate. I can't put my finger on it but the food tasted different. Even something like steak and a baked potato tasted different than it does at home. For breakfast, I only ate croissants or other types of bread. The bacon tasted different than what I'm used to. I brought coffee creamer from home and used it for my coffee. It's hard to explain about the food but there's something different about it that I've never experienced in other locations. The presentation is absolutely beautiful but it doesn't taste quite right. I wonder if that's why so many people have stomach issues when they visit. I think my favorite a la carte restaurant was the Hibachi and the rest were hit or miss.

7. TrulyBlessed

Blog Posts:
  8. Kiowa

Kiowa Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    'Stolen From Africa,and living in Babylon"
    Just left, and headed to Europe..Europe has a bad problem with fake alcohol too....I won't be drinking anything though, as I developed some kind of ear situation, and have lost my hearing in one ear, and hearing in other one is going down hill.:cry3:
    I wouldn't even be able to hear anyone sneaking up on me...

9. moneychaser

moneychaser Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I don’t think it’s the alcohol based on what that guy posted on my timeline about the weird stares and being followed around the resort. I think they are drugging folks and robbing them.

CocoGlow, IslandMummy, GGsKin and 5 others like this.
  10. Reinventing21

Reinventing21 Spreading my wings

Blog Posts:
    I think there is more than one issue with more than one cause, and now it all coming to light all at once.

11. SoniT

SoniT Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I agree. The media is reporting on every tragic story that comes out of the Dominican Republic right now involving tourists - either sickness or death. The strangest one was the couple who were found dead in their room. That was very odd. Its possible that there could be different causes for each of the 7 or 8 deaths - pesticides, tainted alcohol, plain old natural causes, or something else.

12. Laela

Blog Posts:
    I'm curious about the folks bringing back duty free liquor from there.. and if anyone had mysteriously died in US right after a trip from DR over the years. It's unfortunate Dominicans are like oh well.. 'this happens all the time..'

TrulyBlessed likes this.
  13. blackgurll

blackgurll Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    CocoGlow, theRaven, Laela and 2 others like this.
  14. Covagirlm

Covagirlm CGB

Blog Posts:
    The liquor at resorts has always been shady because imported liquor is very expensive and they cut corners but that's not the issue here...these people are being targeted.

IslandMummy and prettyinpurple like this.
  15. SoniT

SoniT Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    CocoGlow, IslandMummy, Laela and 8 others like this.
  16. douglala

douglala Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Yup everything tasted different. Even their bottled drinks tasted way different to me. Their cokes/Pepsi in what appeared to be a sealed bottle had this extra sweetness that we don’t get here.

I stayed at the Bahia and had to dump a few drinks bc of the suspicious way the bartender made the drink.

17. Southernbella.

Southernbella. Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    June 17, 2019, 9:57 AM ET / Source: TODAY
    By Scott Stump

A group of Jimmy Buffett fans say they spent their time in paradise wasting away with a mysterious illness during a trip to the Dominican Republic.

Their reports of illness come after at least six American tourists have died while vacationing in the Dominican Republic since the beginning of this year.

According to the group's travel agent, 47 of the 114 trip members came down with extreme diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness and headaches

Dana Flowers, a member of the Central Oklahoma Parrothead Association (who also serves as the group’s travel agent), tells PEOPLE that 47 of the 114 people on the the trip got sick, with many unable to leave their rooms. He said some are still not feeling “normal” two months later.

“We went [to Hotel Riu Palace Macao] for the week — some longer, some shorter,” he tells PEOPLE. “We were enjoying the beach and the pool, and about 3 or 4 days into the trip we started hearing about people getting sick. They were getting diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness, headaches.”

RELATED: Mysterious Dominican Republic Tourist Deaths: The Victims So Far

Flowers says the group initially chalked the mystery ailment up to food poisoning, but their symptoms began to worsen. Flowers, who was among those affected by the illness, claims he lost 14 pounds over the course of 19 days. “It was some of the worst sick I’ve ever been, and I don’t normally ever get sick,” he says.

Flowers claims that everyone who grew ill in his group either swam in one specific pool or drank at the swim-up bar. When members of the group sought treatment from the on-site doctor, Flowers claims, ”Most of them got an IV, then were prescribed a medicine for parasites. [They] didn’t do any testing, they just automatically gave them medicine for parasites.”

CocoGlow, theRaven, Laela and 5 others like this.
  18. msbettyboop

msbettyboop Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  19. ColibriNoir

ColibriNoir Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  20. Peppermynt

Peppermynt Defying Gravity

Blog Posts:
    Another person returning from DR ill:

https://www.thecut.com/2019/06/melissa-rycroft-is-sick-after-trip-to-dominican-republic.html

21. Laela

Blog Posts:
    These reports are making my head spin...:drunk:

22. SoniT

SoniT Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    The deaths are concerning but at this point some of the reports about people getting sick is media sensationalism (in my opinion). If someone dies, yeah that's a very big deal but I don't need to know every time someone gets diarrhea or stomach cramps on vacation. Tummy trouble in Dominican Republic is common enough that theres a website on how to avoid tummy issues.

https://www.passporthealthglobal.co...void-tummy-tangles-in-the-dominican-republic/

TrulyBlessed and Covagirlm like this.
  23. demlew

demlew Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Y'all! Another lady died on Tuesday with fluid on her lungs!
    https://nypost.com/2019/06/20/bride-dies-after-return-from-dominican-republic-honeymoon/

A Louisana bride who went on her honeymoon to the Dominican Republic mysteriously died less than a week after she returned, according to a report.

Susan Simoneaux of Luling died Tuesday in a local hospital after traveling to Punta Cana, a resort town where several Americans have died and dozens more have fallen ill, news station WWL-TV reported.

“I would have never went if I would have known,” said her husband, Keith Williams. “I did not know, to be honest with you.”

Her cause of death hasn’t been determined, but the newlywed’s symptoms were strikingly similar to those of three tourists who died last month while visiting the beach oasis.

Simoneaux had fluid in her lungs when she died — as did Pennsylvania psychotherapist Miranda Schaup-Werner, 41, when she fatally collapsed at the Bahía Príncipe resort in La Romana.

Schaup-Werner died from a heart attack May 25 in her room after having a drink from the minibar.

Five days later, Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, were also found dead with fluid in their lungs at the same resort. The engaged Maryland couple’s cause of death was ruled respiratory failure and pulmonary edema.

Simoneaux’s family said an autopsy will be ordered, according to WWL-TV.

Friends took to social media to pay tribute to the newlywed with photos from her wedding.

“Pictures speak a 1,000 words. Look at my friends on their wedding day May 11, 2019,” Ronjae Mott wrote on Facebook. “Now her husband, Keith has to prepare for his wife funeral.”

CocoGlow and Crackers Phinn like this.
  24. TrulyBlessed

Blog Posts:
    Two more Americans reported dead after Dominican Republic vacations
    By Amanda Woods
    By Amanda Woods

June 21, 2019 | 10:18am
    [​IMG]
    Chris Palmer and Barbara Maser-Mitchell Facebook

Two more Americans — a man from Kansas and a woman from Pennsylvania — died during vacations in the Dominican Republic, amid a recent spate of tourist deaths in the country, according to a new report.

The families of Chris Palmer — a 41-year-old Army veteran from Kansas who died on April 18, 2018, and Barbara Diane Maser-Mitchell, a 69-year-old retired nurse from Pennsylvania who died on Sept. 17, 2016 — came forward to Fox News to report their deaths.

The State Department confirmed the deaths to the network Thursday.

Both Palmer and Maser-Mitchell died of heart attacks, according to official determinations by Dominican authorities, the report said.

Palmer was staying at the Villa Cocotal Palma resort in Punta Cana, according to Fox News. He’d been working at a Mexican resort and went to the Dominican Republic in hopes of selling timeshares and teaching scuba diving there, friends and family said.

[​IMG]
    Chris with daughter Meghan PalmerFacebook
    He was a salesman and scuba diving instructor who loved traveling, his daughter, Meghan Palmer, told Fox.

In reports given to Palmer’s family, obtained by the outlet, Dominican authorities said that he had pulmonary edema. But those who knew him feared that wasn’t the whole story.

“As soon as he died, I wondered if he was poisoned, if he was drugged,” Bernadette Hiller, his one-time girlfriend who remained a close friend, told the network. “He was healthy as a horse.”

At some point during his stay, Palmer told his friends he had a bad headache, Palmer told the outlet.

He was found dead in his room after aspirating his own vomit, Dominican authorities said, according to the report.

Like many others whose relatives have recently died in the country, Palmer’s loved ones said they felt pressured to get his body cremated.

“We are devastated and are seeking answers,” Hiller told Fox. “This was so sudden and unexpected. This has been a nightmare for his family.”

[​IMG]
    Facebook
    Maser-Mitchell died during her stay at the Excellence resort in Punta Cana, where she celebrated her birthday with her son and his long-time companion, according to the report.

She started to feel sick on her second day there, after having cocktails, her son’s companion, Terry Mackey, told the outlet.

The next day, Maser-Mitchell wasn’t any better and decided not to join them for breakfast.

She drank in moderation — but never to excess, Mackey said.

“In the 15 years I knew her, she never suffered aftereffects,” Mackey told Fox.

The family contacted the resort doctor, who suggested the woman go to the hospital — which she at first declined, and then agreed to go. In the ambulance, she went into cardiac arrest.

“I was sitting in the ambulance with her, holding her hand the whole time,” Mackey told the outlet.

[​IMG]
    Barbara Maser-MitchellClassmates.com
    The woman’s corpse was in such bad shape when it arrived in the US that relatives couldn’t view her, according to Mackey. Dominican authorities had allegedly claimed that the body had not been properly preserved.

Before the trip, Maser-Mitchell went for a medical exam, where she was given the all-clear to go on vacation, Mackey added.

Maser-Mitchell was in generally good health, and it wasn’t clear if she drank anything from the room minibar, Mackey told the network.

“She was a [licensed practical nurse], she knew the symptoms of a heart attack, she would have known,” Mackey said. “She didn’t present symptoms of a heart attack.”

Dominican authorities are expected to hold a Friday press conference in which they will detail final autopsy reports on the recent wave of deaths among US tourists in the country.

The resorts did not immediately return requests for comment.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/21/two-more-americans-reported-dead-after-dominican-republic-vacations/

CocoGlow, demlew and Crackers Phinn like this.
  25. SoniT

SoniT Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Wait a minute, the people in the above article died in 2016 and 2018?? It's something weird going on with the media. A lot of these articles are coming from NY Post.

fluffyforever likes this.
  26. TrulyBlessed

Blog Posts:
    What kind of trash explanation is this? Throw the whole country away at this point.

27. Crackers Phinn

Crackers Phinn Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

Blog Posts:
    They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

28. Laela

Blog Posts:
    As I thought...they're gonna start digging up people who had vacationed to DR but died after returning to the U.S. I think that list will grow. If they came forward, other families likely are looking hard at their relatives' deaths in the past...

29. lavaflow99

lavaflow99 In search of the next vacation

Blog Posts:
    And it will only sensationalize the story even more and throw the numbers off.

People die on vacation every day. Morbid but true and that is less concerning to me. :look:

I am more interested in knowing how many people died in the DR this year only and how that number compares to other years.

30. LdyKamz

LdyKamz Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I've been following this thread and between all these deaths and the rapes that were mentioned earlier in this thread y'all done made me too afraid to go anywhere.

If several people have been dying consistently after visiting the DR, considering we're only halfway through the year, the number of deaths this year could be comparatively lower than previous years. I do think the other deaths need to be taken into account when investigating this. However, the media needs to chill on reporting every single incident because it does nothing but incite panic especially since the authorities are still figuring out what's going on. Until then, I will keep myself away from the DR.