Mixed Chicks and Mixed Silk

kellistarr

There really is no contest. Received my Mixed Chicks order of the Leave-In and the Deep Conditioner. I was very excited to try both out, especially since I'd tried the Mixed Silk products and had positive things to say about both. I ADORE Mixed Chicks! The conditioner is crazy good. I thought Mixed Silk conditioner was nice.....:lachen: Mixed Chicks conditioner is fabulous. So fabulous that I will keep it up front and center in my rotation. Oh My Goodness!!! (Sounding like Martin Lawrence's Sha-Nae-Nae) is it possible that I've found a condish to remain loyal to? What I like best about it is the super thickness, the detangling ease and the great condition my hair felt afterwards. Now, I've tried many good condishes, even great ones, but this one meets all of my criteria. It has all the elements. One thing that I noticed is that most condishes that really work great on my hair don't have a lot of exotic oils and such. Although, Aveda Brilliant Conditioner does, and my hair ADORES that. So, who can figure these things out and what does it matter? I ADORE this product.

I ADORE the leave-in as well. The two together should do the job for me in the warmer months and keep the humidity at bay. Like the Mixed Silk, my hair dried in record time and like the Mixed Silk I used very little of the leave-in. I felt the MC leave-in was creamier/thicker than the MS leave-in and I liked that. What little crunch I had got scrunched with some Silicon Bambu and my hair is nice and glossy with Mixed Chicks Glosser.

I still think that Mixed Silk is a good alternative, but I have to confess, that once I use up the conditioner, I won't buy it again. I am spoiled now. I will buy more of the leave-in when there is a sale. I feel that it is a great value.

WyrdWay

Thanks! I've been wanting to try MC and MS since it was mentioned.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

EllePixie

I personally like the Mixed Silk leave-in over Mixed Chicks. While I found MC a tad more moisturizing, it truly acted like a LI and did not control frizz at all, and I cannot use it alone. I need something else on my canopy. MS on the other hand, isn't as moisturizing, but styles my hair better, and I can easily use a LI over it to provide extra hydration. And for the price? IMO, it's a way better deal, especially since the ingreds to MC aren't natural.

I haven't used either DCs though due to them having cones. I only use one cone product at a time to prevent build up.

Detroit2Dallas

I havent tried MC because if the price, idk how great a product is if I'm paying alot of loot for it. I got tired of being overcharged for products catering towards natural hair. I'm on a mission to find lower cost quality products and MS is a pretty good product and a lot cheaper.

MS deep condish= 12oz for 7.99
MC deep condish= 8oz for 10.99 + s&h

MS leave in= 17.25 fl oz for 7.99
MC leave in= 10 fl oz for 16.99 plus s&h

MS shampoo= 17.24 fl oz for 7.99
MC shampoo= 10 fl oz for 11.99 plus s&h

its not like the sallys version is garbage, I personally like it so why spend more money if you dont have to?

ETA MC gives you free shipping for all orders over $100 so if you spend that much you dont have to worry about shipping cost :look:

Last edited:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I see many gals with similar hairtype liking these products. I hated them when I tried MC a few years ago. My hair felt like straw. I'm wondering if the formulation changed or if I applied wrong. I so wanted to like the product b/c the adverts looked so good.

JustDoIt

I'm 4a/b and tried the MC leave in because I got a free sample... it was amazing for my hair.. it helped me to detangle and also made my hair feel moisturized and soft... so far I really like it but I'll see how it goes...
I haven't tried MS.. but just wanted to give my review on MC.