Mixed Chicks Debacle: O.m.g.

Cheleigh

I tried Mixed Chicks a long time ago...garbage. I remember another company called Blended Beauty and that owner was thought to be shady too. Same concept...for mixed folks...but she belonged to a msg board just for radical biracial ppl...it was crazy.

Blended Beauty the owner was a hot mess (all in love with her mixedness at one point IIRC), but her products are legit.

Terrible ingredients in the Target version of Mixed Chicks. I recall that their earlier on-line only products had ingredients weren't as "mass produced."

I'm happy to have found my staples!

Blended Beauty the owner was a hot mess (all in love with her mixedness at one point IIRC), but her products are legit.

Terrible ingredients in the Target version of Mixed Chicks. I recall that their earlier on-line only products had ingredients weren't as "mass produced."

Mmmm. Maybe that helps explain why the stylists recommended it to me. Maybe they were operating by a different ingredient list.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie

Oh yes, I loved Blended beauty when they first came out...but somebody posted links (this was on another board) and I just couldn't financially support her brand if that is how she truly felt. I don't even remember what was exactly said but it made me smh and I used up what I had and didn't rebuy. Mixed chicks & my hair just never got along lol.

Kimiche

I tried that mess once when I had in my human hair wet and wavy braids. I diluted it in a spritz bottle so that I can maintain the curly look. Never again. My braids ended up becoming tangled. I learned my lesson and went back to the leave-in that I was using before. I'm sorry that happened to your hair OP. :nono: