MIXED CHICKS Product revew

aquajoyice

Hello ladies,

I just wanted to do a quick product review on Mixed Chicks products I recently tried. I had posted a thread recently in regards to Kinky-Curly for a wash and wear look. Well, I still haven't gotten the order yet and it's been like over a week already. Seems as if it's in high demand and they are waiting to fullfill the order. Anyways, I ordered and tried MC and here it is...

I purchased the set that included the Shampoo, Deep Conditioner and the leave in conditioner. I heard mixed reviews stating that shampoo leaves the hair dry and the leave in has your hair feeling hard and crunchy.

For my first time using the products I thought it was awesome. The shampoo gently cleansed my hair enough I could use it everyday. My hair was Not dry at all I give the shampoo an A+.

The deep conditioner was good nothing pectacular becuase I use the Garnier that leaves my hair feeling similar, but I have no complaints it just feels that same as the Garnier. If I had found this before Garnier I would have been estatic about this becuase it leaves my hair with a really good slip. And last but not least the Leave In, this is what brings out the natural curl in your hair and sets it. The first day I officially used the products I had washed/deep conditioned my hair that night wrapped it after rinsing woke up the next morning saturated my hair with water and in sections applied the leave in. And let me tell ya'll this stuff is that bomb and then some! The results were 10x better than a braid out without all the work. It brought out the curls that my hair has even though I am texlaxed! I can honestly say that my hair was banging! My hair looked soo good and frizz free people thought I went to the salon and got it done. And my hair was still wet when I got to work, by the end of the day it looked exactly the same. THe leave in goes through phases as it drys. It does get hard and crunchy but I realized it was setting the curl. Becuase once it was fully dry it was soft again. I can easily get 3-4 days out of it or longer, but i'm a stickler for clean hair. My hair was swanging and frizz free. It looks like an unbelievable braid out, and i've done braid outs before and all it does is torture my ends and have then looking raggedy after a while.

At the end of the day I gather my hair in a high loose ponytail and by morning spritz water shake style however and i'm out the door. It takes less time than doing my normal everyday bun!

So there it is folks, i'm officially cleaning out my products and sticking with this. Once my KCCC comes in i'll let you know, but until then I'm officially a Mixed Chicks Girl. I've attached a pic of it while still wet, i'll try to upload a better pic to show when it's dry.:grin:

Attachments

• mixed chicks.JPG
    mixed chicks.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 179
  • mimxedchicks2.JPG
    mimxedchicks2.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Thanks for that.

Question: Does the leave in detangle your hair well? I bought it a few days ago and will be using over the weekend.

simcha

I use the whole line and I have to agree about the shampoo. I love the deep conditioner (although I've never tried Fructis) and the leave-in is great for air drying. It has just the right amount of protein and it keeps my hair (tex-laxed) from frizzing when dry. I usually wash, deep condition (20 mins under the dryer on the weekend and in shower during the week), de-tangle in the shower, towel dry, argan oil on my ends, apply the leave-in, sit under the dryer for 5 minutes. Let the rest of my hair air dry and then flat iron the roots and then cross-wrap. Because the leave-in prevents frizz, I find I don't have to flat iron all of my hair.

This summer when it's warmer I will have to try wash and gos with the leave-in.

aquajoyice

Thanks for that.

Question: Does the leave in detangle your hair well? I bought it a few days ago and will be using over the weekend.
The deep con did a good job at helping to detangle, but like I said I got the same result from the Garnier Moisture melting mask. And with the leave in when your ready to wash it out it gives you really good slip and makes your hair feel unbelievable afterwards.

aquajoyice

I use the whole line and I have to agree about the shampoo. I love the deep conditioner (although I've never tried Fructis) and the leave-in is great for air drying. It has just the right amount of protein and it keeps my hair (tex-laxed) from frizzing when dry. I usually wash, deep condition (20 mins under the dryer on the weekend and in shower during the week), de-tangle in the shower, towel dry, argan oil on my ends, apply the leave-in, sit under the dryer for 5 minutes. Let the rest of my hair air dry and then flat iron the roots and then cross-wrap. Because the leave-in prevents frizz, I find I don't have to flat iron all of my hair.

This summer when it's warmer I will have to try wash and gos with the leave-in.
I'm going to try sitting under a hooded dryer now that you mention it. Yeah that protein has my hair feeling stronger after I used it and i've never been one to use protien due to some of the horror stories about possible breakage if you don't use it correctly. And i'm the least maintenance person in the world and like a simple regimen. But with the MC it's just the right amount of protein and the deep conditioner helps to soften the hair. I'm mjust glad I can take my hair out of this bun finally! I actually get to see my hair and not have to use heat or do a braid out. I'm loving this stuff, but i'm still curious about the KCCC especially since it's taking soo long for it to come. the youtube videos are very promising. I'm just curious to see what type of result I could possibly get with KCCC. I can't even imagine...

aquajoyice

Here is a photo of my at about 25% dry and it looks the same at 100% only difference is I scrunch to get more of a curl.

Attachments

• MC3.JPG
    MC3.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 89

Shadiyah

I wanted you all to see what my curls look like after using mixed chicks. This is why I love it so much and I do wet my hair everyday. I can tell you after using it for over a month or so It gets better and better but remember I did my b/c in dec so all this is trained hair on mixed chicks.

Last edited:

♥Lamaravilla♥

I wanted you all to see what my curls look like after using mixed chicks. This is why I love it so much and I do wet my hair everyday. I can tell you after using it for over a month or so It gets better and better but remember I did my b/c in dec so all this is trained hair on mixed chicks.

Very pretty!!! I bought 3 sample packs and I'm going to give them a try as soon as I use up some of my other stuff, because I know once I try it, if I love it I won't use my other stuff lol.

NaturallyBlonde

Very nice. I just bought some last week. Do you do everything every day? (wash, dc, leave in)? Or do you just do a cowash and the leave in some days? Do you seal on top of the leave in?

I'm gonna try it again tomorrow...but I just got my Afroveda order, so maybe not...

Shadiyah

Very nice. I just bought some last week. Do you do everything every day? (wash, dc, leave in)? Or do you just do a cowash and the leave in some days? Do you seal on top of the leave in?

I'm gonna try it again tomorrow...but I just got my Afroveda order, so maybe not...

I don't shampoo everyday but I do 2-3 times a week because sometimes I put shescentit Jehan pre poo oil in my hair at night or I may put hairveda whipped green tea herbal butter in and tie it up with my satin scarve. So those mornings I will use the shampoo. Other then that I use the deep conditioner and leave in. I don't put anything in it after the leave in because I have found my hair is not made for all that stuff. I don't comb it either. I do all that at night because once I do that I don't have the curl I like, it is still curly but not like the picture. I am so waiting to see what it will look like after it grows out because I have made so many mistakes with my hair type. I learned a long time ago I could not use the white products on my hair they would dry my hair out and I really can not use the black products because it would make my hair straight but then I could not do anything with it. So a roller set use to work wonders on my hair but I could not put anything on it. My mother's hair is oiler than mines so our care is totally different and I still don't think she know what to do with hers and she is 63. I know at some point once it grows out I will go back to roller setting sometimes just because I like different looks but I only do that when the weather is cooler because the heat will just make me sweat and my curls will draw up and way.

You will have to try different ways for yourself to see what will work best for you. But I have not had any breakage or drying.

Last edited:

silvergirl

i cant wait to try it. after 5 yrs of not buying any product im feeling the urge lol. im not gonna go crazy and become a product junkie....... i think.... but i have a huge haul from curl mart coming in a couple of days that includes mixed chicks. thanks for the review.

Shadiyah

i cant wait to try it. after 5 yrs of not buying any product im feeling the urge lol. im not gonna go crazy and become a product junkie....... i think.... but i have a huge haul from curl mart coming in a couple of days that includes mixed chicks. thanks for the review.

OMG!!!! you have not brought anything in 5 years??? Nothing at all???

silvergirl

just conditioners, one type of curl lotion and one type of gel lol. not a pj in the least but not living on juice an berries either lol. i like to keep my routine simple so ive never had a need to buy anything other than those but now im willing to sample a few other products to see if any will make it into my staple items :)

MissMeWithThatIsh

10% off your Mixed Chick order: nofrizzfit

I think you have convinced me to try their line

What.... is the Garnier conditioner you use that is similar to the DC? Thanks!

I didn't comeback with a review.:spinning:

Tried it and YUCK! So not for me. :nono: Couldn't detangle my head and didn't moisturise neither.

Used it the once and gave it to Mum.:grin:

aquajoyice

Thanks for that.

Yeah that deep conditinor works really well it actually reminds me a lot of my Garnier Fructris melting mask.

aquajoyice

I typically do it on the weekends and I keep it in for about 3 days. I really like the results of it the next day. It's a lot fuller and the curls look really nice. All I do is spritz some water in it and go. I wouldn't recommend using it everyday only becuase it was made to work at least 2-3 days after you apply and it saves you money in the end.

Lucia

:bump:

:bump:
what are the ingredients of the deep cond & leave in cond/styler?TIA

Last edited:

Shadiyah

I just had to update this thread... I am still using mixed chicks and have since then added the hair silk to my regi and I am still loving it. Best thing that ever happen to my curls. I am still using hairveda whipping creme ends hydrations found out this was much better on curly hair then the greentea creme i was using. it made my hair too straight and made it look just like all the other grease did. I henna every month but I am missin my greys right about now and I use some other natrual things that you can get right out of your kitchen but when it comes to making my curls mixed chicks is the bomb.... I am APL now and my curls are very buncey