Mizani Lovers...New Products

MonaLisa

The Gloss Veil sounds good...I'd try that...

I don't spend coin on butters anymore though..but the ingredients sound good.

Transformer

Just picked up some of Mizani's new products and thought I would list the ingredients as expected by LHCF ladies.

Coconut Souffle:
aqua/water, cocos nucifera oil/coconut oil, isoprppyl palmitate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearyl alcohol, glycerin, steareth-21, dimethicone, steareth-2, parfum/fragrance, popylene glycol, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, c13-14 isoparafin, phenoxyethanol,, sorbic acid, ethylparaben, camelina sativa oil, xanthan gum, oryza sativa bran oil, laureth-7, hexy cinnamal, benzyl benzoate, limonene, commarin, methylisothiazolinone, benzyl cinnamate, citronellol, geraniol, benzyl alcohol.

Butter Rich Deep Nourishing Hair Dress
aqua/water,caprylic/capric triglyceride, cocos nucifera oil/coconut oil,stearyl alcohol, glycerin,dimethicone, butylene, glycol, C12-15, alkyl benzoate, stearic acid, palmitic acid, fragrance, steareth 100, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, c13-14, isoparafin, steareth-2, sorbic acid, ethylparaben, theobroma, cacao butter, coco seed butter, butyrospermum parkii butter, shea butter, laureth 7, mannan, xanthan gum, methylisothiazolinone, yellow 5, yellow 6, red 4, red 33, blue 1.

Press Release!

MIZANI, the premier multi-textured salon professional brand launched two new mineral oil and petrolatum free hairdress creams this June. This new aerated -textured (whipped) technology is completely weightless and combines a natural oil blend that penetrates deeply, locks in moisture, smooths and protects textured hair evenly. It also boost shine without any greasy buildup or weighing down the hair.

Coconut Souffle’ is a light mositurizing cream with a whipped texture that releases a coco explosion fragrance. It leaves hair fresh, clean with a soft touchable shiny feel. Infused with natural oil blends of coconut oil and camellina oils, it moisturizes waves and curls from the inside out.

BUTTER RICH is an emollient with Shea and Cocoa Butters, humectants and protective Coconut Oil. It provides intense moisturure, extreme softeness and ultra nourishment for curly, coiled or highly textured curls that are extremely dry, damaged, porous or brittle. BUTTER RICH instantly revitalizes, intensely softens and provides smoothness and shine for multi-textured hair.

This is truly a technological break-through for MIZANI –offering products made with natural butters and infused with natural blended oils without mineral oil or petroleum derived ingredients. These two creams are great moisturizers for natural textures, relaxed and color treated hair.

Transformer

I thought it was interesting that fragrance was so high up in the ingredient list. Although it is minus the mineral oil and petroleum...it has plenty of "other" ingredients.

I will see how this substitutes for Mizani Nightime H2O

MizzBrown

Popylene Glycol is the chemical name for Mineral Oil, right?

What is it doing in that souffle?

Sure has a lot of other chemicals.

Transformer

Popylene Glycol is the chemical name for Mineral Oil, right?

What is it doing in that souffle?

Sure has a lot of other chemicals.

I guess it's propane.

Propylene glycol, known also by the systematic name propane-1,2-diol, is an organic compound (a diol alcohol), usually a faintly sweet, and colorless clear viscous liquid that is hygroscopic and miscible with water, acetone, and chloroform.
Propylene glycol is used:

CurleeDST

I am impressed Mizani is going this route with the silicone, petrolatum, mineral oil free route! GO MIZANI! I am going to search for and try this on my daughter's hair!

Desarae

I thought it was interesting that fragrance was so high up in the ingredient list. Although it is minus the mineral oil and petroleum...it has plenty of "other" ingredients.

I will see how this substitutes for Mizani Nightime H2O

I still haven't tried these products, i'm looking for them locally.

The ingredients do look very "complex":perplexed

Transformer

In the D.C. metro a Black Beauty Supplier will sell you the products. They have the full range of Mizani Professional products. I used the Moisturefusion shampoo and silk cream conditioner last night AFTER a hair coloring and my hair was incredible.

I will try the entire system, cleansing oil and moisturizer my next wash day. I hope I can get similar performance.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
At first I was interested, but not anymore (after reading the Souffle & Butter Rich ingredients). Doesn't sound too buttery to me, especially with all the "good stuff" coming after fragrance.

Maybe if my hair was relaxed it would work.

taytay86

How does this compare to Elasta QP Mango butter? I love their weightless water based moisturizer...I'll try Mizani, but only if it's truly weighless and water based.

lasmom

Just picked up some of Mizani's new products and thought I would list the ingredients as expected by LHCF ladies.

Coconut Souffle:
aqua/water, cocos nucifera oil/coconut oil, isoprppyl palmitate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearyl alcohol, glycerin, steareth-21, dimethicone, steareth-2, parfum/fragrance, popylene glycol, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, c13-14 isoparafin, phenoxyethanol,, sorbic acid, ethylparaben, camelina sativa oil, xanthan gum, oryza sativa bran oil, laureth-7, hexy cinnamal, benzyl benzoate, limonene, commarin, methylisothiazolinone, benzyl cinnamate, citronellol, geraniol, benzyl alcohol.

Butter Rich Deep Nourishing Hair Dress
aqua/water,caprylic/capric triglyceride, cocos nucifera oil/coconut oil,stearyl alcohol, glycerin,dimethicone, butylene, glycol, C12-15, alkyl benzoate, stearic acid, palmitic acid, fragrance, steareth 100, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, c13-14, isoparafin, steareth-2, sorbic acid, ethylparaben, theobroma, cacao butter, coco seed butter, butyrospermum parkii butter, shea butter, laureth 7, mannan, xanthan gum, methylisothiazolinone, yellow 5, yellow 6, red 4, red 33, blue 1.

Press Release!

MIZANI, the premier multi-textured salon professional brand launched two new mineral oil and petrolatum free hairdress creams this June. This new aerated -textured (whipped) technology is completely weightless and combines a natural oil blend that penetrates deeply, locks in moisture, smooths and protects textured hair evenly. It also boost shine without any greasy buildup or weighing down the hair.

Coconut Souffle’ is a light mositurizing cream with a whipped texture that releases a coco explosion fragrance. It leaves hair fresh, clean with a soft touchable shiny feel. Infused with natural oil blends of coconut oil and camellina oils, it moisturizes waves and curls from the inside out.

BUTTER RICH is an emollient with Shea and Cocoa Butters, humectants and protective Coconut Oil. It provides intense moisturure, extreme softeness and ultra nourishment for curly, coiled or highly textured curls that are extremely dry, damaged, porous or brittle. BUTTER RICH instantly revitalizes, intensely softens and provides smoothness and shine for multi-textured hair.

This is truly a technological break-through for MIZANI –offering products made with natural butters and infused with natural blended oils without mineral oil or petroleum derived ingredients. These two creams are great moisturizers for natural textures, relaxed and color treated hair.

Doesn't sound too natural to me.:nono: Can't pronounce half of the ingredients. I will pass on these products. Thanks for listing ingredients.

Transformer

At first I was interested, but not anymore (after reading the Souffle & Butter Rich ingredients). Doesn't sound too buttery to me, especially with all the "good stuff" coming after fragrance.

Maybe if my hair was relaxed it would work.

Believe me the Souffle is not "souffle" at all. It's actually a bit heavy. The Butter Rich is fluffier and will dissipate. I'm very disappointed in the coconut souffle but DH will use it!

Let's face it, just because they removed the petrolum they didn't make it organic. Granted, I'm a fine haired natural but this stuff is heavy!

mstar

Luxury bacon
I think it's kinda funny that Mizani is touting the fact that they didn't use mineral oil or silicone as a "technological break-through" LOL. Most of the respectable brands went that route ages ago.

*ElleB

I just made a post about these. Wow...ummm now that I'm seeing the ingredients I think I will pass on them...

jasmin

I wanted to try these but no more mizani (l'oreal) products for me with their racist policies.

mzcris

Have any relaxed ladies tried these products?

Hi DesiRae

I have tried the Butter Rich and it seems as though the moisture don't last on my hair. I had to use quite a bit to get my hair moisturized and the next day it seemed as though I never moisturized my hair.

My hair is not that thick so it should have lasted. I will probably give it to my husband or just use it up. But I won't buy any more of it.

Hope this helps...

LaToya28

Here's my two cents on the new moisturizers:

Coconut Souffle Light Moisturizing Hairdress - First of all, let me say that I do like this moisturizer. Would I repurchase it, mmm don't know. I'm not sure what it is about it...well I'm lying....it's the smell! I am a complete smell junkie lol. This product has a very sugary plasticy smell to me. It's so not what I expected! I was so excited when I first heard about it. It contains no mineral oil, it's made with coconut oil (2nd ingredient)...I searched for it high and low, but it was nowhere to be found in San Antonio. It just so happened that someone on LHCF was selling both of them, so I had to snatch them up. Anyway, this moisturizer is anything but light. Even on my thick, relaxed hair I would only use it when protective styling because it's too heavy and would totally mess up the swang. It does moisturize well though.

Butter Rich Deep Nourishing Hairdress - I have not yet used this on my hair, but I have used it on my daughter and she doesn't like the smell either. It's much more fragrant than the souffle, but it did moisturize her hair and it gave it a good shine. I can think of other moisturizers that work just as well for much cheaper though. I definitely won't repurchase this one.

Even thought the old Rose H2O Hairdress contained mineral oil, somehow it was much lighter (in my opinion) than both of these new moisturizers. I'd recommend the Souffle for those who are looking for a good winter time moisturizer. The Butter Rich...uhh no comment!

Diva_Esq

This was posted on Facebook on Monday. I checked the website to see if I could find the ingredients, but I didn't. Looks good:lick:. I hope it's better than the H20 Moisturizing Hairdress...

MizaniBUTTER RICH™ & COCONUT SOUFFLÉ™ HAIRDRESS
MINERAL OIL & PETROLATUM-FREE
MIZANI’s newest hairdress formulas combine whipped textures that disperse evenly and
absorb quickly for touchably soft results and a weightless clean finish.

GLOSS VEIL™ SHINE SPRAY
SILICONE & PRESERVATIVE-FREE
Formulated with conditioning agents, natural oils plus vitamin E, Gloss Veil™ not only softens, conditions and moisturizes hair, it creates a clear, featherlight finish, which adds progressive shine that actually shimmers more over time. The ultra-fine mist goes on clean without weighing hair down.

COCONUT SOUFFLÉ™
LIGHT MOISTURIZING HAIRDRESS
• Concentrated, natural blend of Coconut Oil, Camellina Oil and Rice Bran Oil

BUTTER RICH™
DEEP NOURISHING HAIRDRESS
• Natural blend of Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter
• Moisturization, extreme softening and ultra nourishment from roots to ends

GLOSS VEIL™ SHINE SPRAY
NON-DRYING FORMULA
• Adds long-lasting highly reflective shine
• Creates a featherlight fi nish without build-up, weight or greasiness

INTENSE GLOSS TECHNOLOGY
• Silicone and Preservative-Free formula
• Avocado Oil softens and moisturizes to enhance healthy look of hair
• Rice Bran Oil, a natural anti-oxidant, moisturizes and conditions
• Vitamin E helps protect against environmental damage

That Coconut Souffle is the BEE'S KNEES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yep::yep::yep:

kiarai

Has anybody tried the GLOSS VEIL™ SHINE SPRAY? What are your thoughts on this? Ive been looking for a spray moisturiser and this looks like it could be a keeper...........

How does the Coconut Souffle compare to the Rose H2O Hairdress? Which do you prefer?

TIA