Mizani relaxer

quitestorm22

How many of you use the Mizani perm and have experienced more hairgrowth with it? If you go to a stylist, do they use the Mizani products on your hair, particularly the concoction that is supposed to be made especially for you? If so do you see a difference in your hair, would you recommend the Mizani relaxer? I am 16 weeks post relaxer and plan on getting one in about a week and need some help any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

atlantatiffany

when i used mizani i noticed that it did get my hair a lot straighter than any other perm but i did not last as long. after 4 weeks my hair was waving back up. it did this more than once. so i stick with affirm.

DahomeyAhosi

I liked the straightness that Mizani initially gave me and I like this perm in general because I had minimal breakage and shedding (compared to AFfirm) and also only a little burning. I use sensitive scalp and have 4 a/b (mostly b) hair.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hello QS

The main ingredient in lye relaxers, regardless of the brand, is the same. The same is true of no-lye relaxers. The difference is that many of the newer relaxers also include conditioners in the relaxer. That would be the main difference, but no relaxer will cause more growth in the hair. I know that lye relaxers are alot less drying than no-lyes & therefore will leave the hair healthier, but none will cause the hair to experience more growth. Hope that helps.

LABETT

I have been using Mizani relaxer all year long and love it.
I go thirteen weeks post relaxer and I wash my hair twice a
week and use a dandruff shampoo regularly.
Mizani gets my hair straight I use the sensitive scalp relaxer.

nissi

i've been using the mizani i think since 95-96? i don't know if the mizani causes growth but when you have a trained stylist with all of the right conditioning products to go with your perm, i have experienced superior results. affirm wasn't as effective on my 3bc/4a hair.

i have also had the mizani with someone who was not as skilled, and the next day someone asked me when i was getting my perm! lol! still, to me it's the best on the market when people know what they're doing. and anything to me is better than no-lye! even hawaiian silky or bantu! (no dis to anyone that uses cheaper perms...) but some folks like no-lye, i'm just reflecting on my experience.

hth!

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
My stylist uses the sensitive scalp Mizani relaxer on my hair. It made my hair very silky...and bone straight. I have to agree with tiffany though. Your hair waves back up after a few washes, but I like having some of my natural texture with it. My last relaxer was in December...and i had no burning what so ever with the Mizani