Mizani relaxer

JewelleNY

hi everyone, i'm fairly new here but have been reading forum threads for a few months now. I am switching from no-lye to lye relaxers (i do my own) and want to try Mizani. any info regarding this relaxer would be greatly appreciated ;) .

meka

Hi there and welcome!! When I was using this relaxer, I had no complaints. It straightened well and didn't burn which is a plus for me since I have psoriasis on the scalp.

SUPER SWEET

I have fine hair too, this relaxer didnt do well with me. This made my hair heavy and brittle.My new stylist uses Dudley and before that Design Essentials was great too.

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
I use Mizani Sensitive Formula and it's great on my sensitive scalp. I have to scratch really deep for it to burn. Otherwise, no problems. (this from a chick who has shed tears while rinsing out other relaxers).

DiamondStar

I've used Mizani for Sensitive Scalps for almost a year. It straightens well, and does not burn at all. My scalp used to always be on FIRE after using other brands...however, the Sensitive Scalp formula is no-lye. If I have a moment of weakness this Friday :cool: , and somehow happen to wander to the salon to for a touch up appointment instead of transitioning like a good girl, I will probably switch to Mizani or Affirm Mild lye this Friday... :p

czyfaith77

I am glad that this thread was started. I had just spoke with someone yesterday how I was considering changing to lye and using Mizani. Thank you. I have seen this relaxer do some nice things on people's hair. They use it here at JC Penney's but I plan to self relax if I should decide to use it. I am still hesistant though. I have been self relaxing my own hair with no lye since I was 14 ( no negligence on my mother's behalf, she just had RA (Rhumatoid Arthritis) and this sister has comb breaking, dynamite hair). I had to learn quick and master it. Thankfully I did, so there is hope for all of those who want to self relax and who are scurred :lol: !

Last edited:

Queenie

I used this for the first time a few weeks ago. I really like it better than Optimum. My her was not as dried out.

syze6

I used mizani for the first time and my hair shedded so much. I noticed it the next day after service and it continued. I don't know if it was from going from no-lye to lye but guess what? I went right back to Soft & Beautiful:)

aqualung

My last 2 or 3 touchups at the salon were with Mizani Mild (lye). It straightens my resistant, tightly coiled, fine, 4b hair in 17-24 minutes, but it WILL burn the scalp beyond that time. Less shedding and irritation than with Affirm. Better straightening of the coils than with Affirm.

JewelleNY

thanks for all of the responses, i will be trying mizani in about two weeks for the first time. i am still undecided if i want the mild or sensitive scalp(unless it is the same thing). i have been using optimum no lye and my hair was becoming so dry looking and fuzzy. i was scared about lye relaxers because my hair is prettty fragile but i will give it a try. i will try to get some pics together by theni have been stretching my relaxer about 7 1/2 weeks (i usually relax every 5 weeks) with good results so maybe by this weekend or the next i will try mizani, will see how long i can take all of the new growth :cool:

jasmin

JewelleNY said:
thanks for all of the responses, i will be trying mizani in about two weeks for the first time. i am still undecided if i want the mild or sensitive scalp(unless it is the same thing). i have been using optimum no lye and my hair was becoming so dry looking and fuzzy. i was scared about lye relaxers because my hair is prettty fragile but i will give it a try. i will try to get some pics together by theni have been stretching my relaxer about 7 1/2 weeks (i usually relax every 5 weeks) with good results so maybe by this weekend or the next i will try mizani, will see how long i can take all of the new growth :cool:

Just remember that if you decide to use Mizani sensitive it is a no lye relaxer.
\