MN vs Chauvin (George Floyd case)

Iwander

Opening statements set to start 3/28 I think. They have seated 6 jurors so far.
With who they picked so far its going to be an interesting case.

yamilee21

I have zero hope of any kind of justice stemming from this case. I fear it is going to be a farce, like all the other ones before. The jury will acquit, a bunch of officials will say, “We must respect the jury’s decision,” and we’ll look toward the next case, hoping *that* one will finally bring justice, while the body count keeps rising. I’m so tired of the same injustices over and over again.

Jmartjrmd

I don't know if I can watch this Derrick Chauvin trial. :( Of course I want to see a conviction but I don't want to relive the details of George Floyd's murder.
I understand. It is hard to watch. I just like trials and to hear the in's and outs's of things we may not know about. I'm not that confident in the jury they selected. That definitely was not an impartial jury imo by some of the statements they made.
I've been disappointed alot in trial outcomes, Zimmerman, Casey Anthony, the aftermath of Amber Guyger but I still am drawn to watch.
Lord knows I need the distraction.

PatDM'T

I just got home
and so I am
playing catch-up.
Just happened to
find the video on
YouTube while
commuting home.

WTH is Chauvin
writing nonstop
during the prosecution's
opening statements?
He is really irksome!!!

PatDM'T

I have zero hope of any kind of justice stemming from this case. I fear it is going to be a farce, like all the other ones before. The jury will acquit, a bunch of officials will say, “We must respect the jury’s decision,” and we’ll look toward the next case, hoping *that* one will finally bring justice, while the body count keeps rising. I’m so tired of the same injustices over and over again.
@yamilee21
I don't blame you
for feeling hopeless.

But I need you
to have the
audacity of hope.
The same hope we
had that the Orange
Clown would lose
the presidency
and lose bigly,
even though things
looked bleak in the
beginning and the
race looked tight.

I still remember
being so sad that
November 3rd night
that even with all
the evidence of 4 years
that :clown: was so useless,
that a country would
support him so much
that it was a toss-up
on who would win.

But I refused to let
what I was seeing
or the memory of how
so differently from
what we expected
the 2016 race
turned out to be.

I know I may sound
a wee bit batty but
I really do think that
positive vibes make
a difference.
Some call it faith,
some positive thinking,
some call it optimism.
Whatever someone believes,
I have found, seems to
become to that person
a self-fulfilling prophesy.

We have no control
in the outcome.
But let us not think
or speak results
we do not want
into the universe.

We won't always lose
the battles we find
ourselves in.
We won bigly in
Nov and in Jan.

We can win again. :pray:

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity
I really like the wrestler guy. Now that he is kinda of consolidating his answers he is doing good. But it will be interesting to see what the defense does with him. He has a very likeable personality.
He was quite wordy lol. Initially he came off as just telling what he saw but as he got more comfortable he (IMO) drew too many conclusions about Chauvin's intent ... opens himself up on cross to being positioned as someone who is intentionally trying to convict Chauvin. I think he's correct in his assessment but the optics worry me.

Jmartjrmd

He was quite wordy lol. Initially he came off as just telling what he saw but as he got more comfortable he (IMO) drew too many conclusions about Chauvin's intent ... opens himself up on cross to being positioned as someone who is intentionally trying to convict Chauvin. I think he's correct in his assessment but the optics worry me.
Yeah I was worried at first he was very wordy lol
Here we go let's see what the defense has.

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity
Do I just watch too much court related TV? :confused: Why can't he just answer "Yes" or "No?" :drunk:

ETA I think he has a Black Lives Matter shirt on under his button down ... :afro:

Last edited:

Jmartjrmd

Do I just watch too much court related TV? :confused: Why can't he just answer "Yes" or "No?" :drunk:

ETA I think he has a Black Lives Matter shirt on under his button down ... :afro:
I just told my husband the same thing. I know he is for the prosecution but he needs to be mindful.of the jury.

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity
Ooooh - I am liking this first responder's testimony.

She's officially invited to the cookout. :hungry:

(Does she remind anyone else of Jo from Grey's Anatomy?)

Last edited:

Jmartjrmd

Lol these witnesses be adding so much besides the question.

All the babies did good though. proud of them.

Jmartjrmd

Day 2 is a wrap. I hope she calms down tomorrow. Her testimony is good but some of her volunteered Info might help the defense imo.