Mn vs Kim Potter trial 12/8/21

Jmartjrmd

There is also that case where the husband said his wife was stabbed to death by a panhandle but it turned out it was him and his daughter that killed her. I'm loosely following that one as well.
Yeah it was this story. This case is with the jury now. He will get convicted imo. The daughter plead guilty to lesser charge and kept a diary detailing the crime. She testified against her father.. They also tried to flee to Mexico but dad didn't have a passport.

naturalgyrl5199

Yeah it was this story. This case is with the jury now. He will get convicted imo. The daughter plead guilty to lesser charge and kept a diary detailing the crime. She testified against her father.. They also tried to flee to Mexico but dad didn't have a passport.
He got convicted---The guy in this case

Jmartjrmd

This case is so boring. I don't think the states case is particularly strong and the state seems like they don't want to be there. it's the same team that prosecuted Chauvin.

Basically the case is he was stopped. they ran him found he had a warrant and order for protection against him and expired tags, got him out the car to arrest him, he resisted and got back into the car, 3 officers struggled with him trying to turn off car and the one on passenger side trying to cuff him, she draws weapon, says I'll taze you x2, then yells taser taser, taser shots.
He yells you shot me car takes off and crashes.

Most of the witnesses are focused on training/ policy but they've hammered it too.much imo.

I only seen bits and pieces though as I tried to watch its been rough.

Prudent1

NPR replayed a clip of Potter crying several times today. :rolleyes: I already see where this is going, with the media’s help.
Yeah so maybe I'm desensitized but I'm looking at her like - you should be dehydrated from all of the crying (and maybe she's really hurt and I'm wrong) :look: but I feel some kind of way watching her. It may help that his mom is also white so if she is shown crying just as much as Kim it may offset some of what looks like it could be planned theatrics.

Jmartjrmd

It's with the jury now they've been out about 4 hours.
I know I'm probably in the minority but I don't think she purposely shot him. But just like Amber Geiger she bares responsibility for the accident.
It was a boring case that I think tge prosecutors put on because they had to. Some of their handling of witnesses was terrible and very redundant and their use of force expert sounded like a textbook. It was the same team that prosecuted Chauvin and the same use of force expert.
I thought about another case I discussed on the forum and will follow with great interest about a nurse who was extremely careless in administering a paralytic when she was supposed to be giving a sedative abd killed a patient. I posed the question should she or any other health care worker be charged in those instances?
I mean I am a healthcare worker abd it just got me thinking when is a mistake that ends in death cross the line to criminal?

Jmartjrmd

Yeah so maybe I'm desensitized but I'm looking at her like - you should be dehydrated from all of the crying (and maybe she's really hurt and I'm wrong) :look: but I feel some kind of way watching her. It may help that his mom is also white so if she is shown crying just as much as Kim it may offset some of what looks like it could be planned theatrics.
Yeah I think mom was first witness they called

Jmartjrmd

Seems like they can't agree. they been out 18 hours and already asked judge what happens if they can't agree

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
do we know the makeup of the jury?

ETA: The jury — which included nine White, one Black and two Asian jurors — deliberated from December 20 to December 23

Last edited: