MoeGro Challenge!

BlueNile

Off topic but have you ever noticed how a lot of black hair care products have misspelled names? ie doo gro and gro aut? :look:

thinkpinkprincess

Off topic but have you ever noticed how a lot of black hair care products have misspelled names? ie doo gro and gro aut? :look:

LOL that's really off topic, but yeah... and it really gets on my nerves :wallbash:
oh well:rolleyes:

btw, I got my HERBS today!!! :drunk: I am cleaning out a pickle jar so I can use it to infuse my mix in, I got:

horsetail powder
rosemary
nettle powder
nori seaweed flakes

I plan to infuse this mix into some EVOO tonight :lick:

ThatJerseyGirl

Ok Ladies. My mixture is a very dark green, so green that I can not see through the jars. Mind you, I have two large mason jars that I am using. I think I have enough to last me throughout the rest of this year. So, this means that while I am using one, the other one will still continue to infuse, which means it will be very potent. Since I have so many herbs left, I will start another batch. The only thing I have to do now is get some aloe vera gel, which I will pick up tomorrow.

Mwenye_Heri

I am in this challenge!!! I used this for about two weeks now and I have some growth. I was lurking on this website and got the recipe off of the website

I will post pics on my fotiki today of the last little bit of my mix and current conditon of my hair.
http://public.fotki.com/dehill02

Last edited:

sweetgal

I have decided to put this off for sometime. I'm currently using the ovation/megatek stuff, and dont want to confuse myself with what is growing my hair.

But I'm i will chime on this in a few months

RZILYNT

I am pretty sure that Gro Aut has much to do with the support of Autism. The maker of this product has a loved one with autism as I do and I believe that is how the name came for this one. :yep:

RZ~

username12

If the company uses the term "grow" in its product name, it's mandatory to conduct some type of scientific research to prove the product does make the hair grow. It's a law, I'm not sure of the name. So to avoid that whole process, companies spell "grow" like "gro." This sends the same message to its customers without having to prove that the product actually grows hair.

Last edited:

so1913

Is everyone's dark green? I sat mine outside for 4 days, it's still semi light in color with a tint of green. Looks like Olive Oil (I use Jojoba). I also scented mine with lavendar and peppermint (lavendar Mint).

Last edited:

Valerie

Okay don't get mad but I mix all that stuff in my MT already...the horsetail, the aloe, and the oil is avocado...girl if great minds don't think a like, I don't know what does...and I got mad crazy growth!!!! I know I ain't posted no amazing before and after pictures....YET!

ETA: I have rosemary EO in there and cinnamon EO in there too... That horsetail extract is the TRUTH.. and the aloe ... I think those are the main culprits for the mad growth... That's my opinion. Honey, can't tell me nothing.
That's what took me so long to come into your thread because I'm just watching all the band wagons sale on by because nothing can be this mix!

I think I started the MT mix with the aloe and the oil like the first week I got the MT, then about 1 month later I got the idea to mix the EO's and the horsetail extract in there. ( I have a squrit of and Ginkgo extract in there too...google it...you'll might want to try it)

I would like to join the challenge also, and I also ordered my MT, yesterday. Atlanta great idea what you are doing, like you I am on a mission to get some serious growth :yep:
To the all the ladies good luck with the results!

zora

Is everyone's dark green? I sat mine outside for 4 days, it's still semi light in color with a tint of green. Looks like Olive Oil (I use Jojoba). I also scented mine with lavendar and peppermint (lavendar Mint).

Mine was more of an 'olivey' color. Not dark green, but not especially light either. Mine infused for two weeks.

ImFree27

Is anyone hair itching from the herbal oil formula, my hair has been itching a lot, so i'm not going to apply it everyday but every other day to stop the itching

Sui Topi

Is anyone hair itching from the herbal oil formula, my hair has been itching a lot, so i'm not going to apply it everyday but every other day to stop the itching

Are you using the aloe gel too? If you are and you are still itchy, then I guess you may have to just bump it back to every other day. Are you massaging? Maybe the itch is from increased blood flow or stimulation. Also lol what is in your mix? Maybe something doesn't agree with you?

P.S Your hair is growing super fast! Aren't you using MT or something too? Whatever you are doing don't stop lol

ImFree27

Are you using the aloe gel too? If you are and you are still itchy, then I guess you may have to just bump it back to every other day. Are you massaging? Maybe the itch is from increased blood flow or stimulation. Also lol what is in your mix? Maybe something doesn't agree with you?

P.S Your hair is growing super fast! Aren't you using MT or something too? Whatever you are doing don't stop lol

No i'm not using MT. I"m using the aloe gel, horsetail, and jojoba oiil, for my last mix I used olive oil, horsetail, and nettle, the nettle may have caused my itching and I also massage daily with it, that could be the itching too. I think the increase in Cardio has helped the growth of my hair, I have been doing cardio everyday and washing every 2 days so i think that has helped, previous when i worked out everyday my hair grew faster without me doing anything to it..

zzirvingj

SUBSCRIBING to this thread!

How did I miss this? I was reading about oil infusion all morning and posted about it and come to find out everybody's already doing it :spinning:

I'll be searching for the right herbs to use in my mix over the next few weeks....is the consensus that jojoba oil is the best oil to use? What about castor or emu oil?

~marti26.

Hey ya'll. I made my mix at the end of July and started applying July 24th. I used coconut oil and I apply either every night or every other night. I haven't really measured but I have to say that I am not seeing much growth. After boiling my mix I let it infuse for 4 days. Maybe I should've spent the extra bucks and gotten jojoba oil. Whaddya think.

zora

How did I miss this? I was reading about oil infusion all morning and posted about it and come to find out everybody's already doing it :spinning:

I'll be searching for the right herbs to use in my mix over the next few weeks....is the consensus that jojoba oil is the best oil to use? What about castor or emu oil?

I would say jojoba is the best. Olive oil is a close second.

so1913

I'm not sure about hair growth because my hair is natural, I don't measure, and I wear it in it's natural state pretty much all the time, so it's hard for me to call...BUT my nails have NEVER been this strong and actually have grown without breaking for the first time in my life, seriously. Even my dad was like "Wow, that' amazing!!!" LOL, and people have actually been complimenting me on my nails thinking that I started going to get manicures and stuff, lol.

jamaraa

Jojoba's the best, but I'd also consider coconut or grapeseed (both cheap and non smelly alternatives to jojoba). LOL@ emu....if you're a millionaire GO FOR IT. Wonderful stuff, but it costs ALOT. If you have some, a dollop in your mix won't hurt anything thing. :grin:

PuddingPop

I'm not sure about hair growth because my hair is natural, I don't measure, and I wear it in it's natural state pretty much all the time, so it's hard for me to call...BUT my nails have NEVER been this strong and actually have grown without breaking for the first time in my life, seriously. Even my dad was like "Wow, that' amazing!!!" LOL, and people have actually been complimenting me on my nails thinking that I started going to get manicures and stuff, lol.

Yes, exactly. I thought I was the only one but my nails have been growing like crazy too. My nails never grow and if they do happen to grow they break like 2 seconds later. My nails have been getting pretty long this past month or so and they have not been breaking as easily. The only thing I have been doing differently is using this oil. Guess it's good for nail growth too.

My hair is growing a lot too. I relaxed on 7/8 and I have a lot of newgrowth now. I also had hair cut into a layered bob ( about ear length) and my nape shaved. It was neck length and really damaged. My layers in the back have already grown over the shaved area. My hair usually doesn't grow fast at all but this stuff is working for me.

PuddingPop

Jojoba's the best, but I'd also consider coconut or grapeseed (both cheap and non smelly alternatives to jojoba). LOL@ emu....if you're a millionaire GO FOR IT. Wonderful stuff, but it costs ALOT. If you have some, a dollop in your mix won't hurt anything thing. :grin:

Grapeseed is good. Thats what I use and I have gotten good results. Got it right from the supermarket.