Moisture or Protein

syncerelyhis

I need your expertise ladies....So I flat ironed for my length check, but each time that I comb my hair down in the morning, there are about 20 broken hairs in the sink. I don't know what I should do. I did a protein treatment with Joico KPak when I flat ironed last Wednesday and my hair doesn't feel dry either...(and it looks and feels healthy!)..

I also thought it could be because I never flat iron and my hair is not used to so much manipulation...but then I would see shedding, not breakage.

Any advice is appreciated.

My current regimen is:
vitamins daily, protective styling daily, washing & deep conditioning once per week, protein treatment once per month, moisturizing & sealing daily, clarify once per month, exercise, use of direct heat only for length checks.

Last edited:

sqzbly1908

Hmmm...It sounds like you might want to add a moisturizing dc to your regimen - as ORS is considered as more of a protein than moisturizing

Kenra MC, Nexxus Humectress, Silk Elements Megasilk, AO HSR, Paul Mitchell Super Charged, Matrix Conditioning Balm just to name a few....

BTW - Your hair is tha hotness!!! :)

AtlantaJJ

When was the last time you had a dusting or a trim?

Your hair is beautiful! BTW :love2:

I would clarify before I used heat each time since you use the CON and the Hawaiian Silky w/mineral oil, both can build up over time and cause your ends to become brittle with the addition of heat.