MOISTURE-PROTEIN BALANCE: Is ORS enough?

Barbie83

Hi Ladies,
Whenever I shampoo, I DC (usually overnight but sometimes for an hour or two) with ORS Replenishing Pak. From reading threads I'm aware that it does contain some protein. I'm relaxed and looking for lots of length retention this year.

My question is: Is the protein in ORS enough to achieve longer, stronger, healthier hair? Or, in your opinion, should I be supplementing with a stronger protein product? I'm kind of scared. :perplexed

I should probably add that I'd ordering Ovation Cell Therapy next week.

Any advice on moisture-protein balance would be helpful. Thanks in advance lovelies! :grin:

exubah

:bump:Bumping for answers as well..........I just started DCing with ORS replenishing pak (with the addition of honey and EVCO). I have relaxed (No Lye) hair 4a/b APL.

smwrigh3

IF your going to get OCT u don't need anymore protein!!! u need to make sure u keep your hair moisturized!! I use ORS as my DC it does have some soy protein but its more moisturizing than anything... I haven't used it with a growth aid so I don't know if how it will work w/ OCT BUT u may want to find a moisturizing DC w/o proteins just in case your hair has a protein overload.

ETA: I am 4a/4b relaxed... I only use ORS as my DC (2x a week b/c of a challenge) expect for every 4-6 weeks when I do Aphogee 2 min but I follow with ORS.... IF U CAN'T TELL I LOVE THIS STUFF!

Last edited:

The Princess

I like ORS cause it has best of both worlds. However I don't depend on that soley for what my hair need. I as well use Lekair Cholesterol/Bannana Brulee/Aphogee 2min for my mild protein treatments and use Lekair Sheabutter for moisture...just to name a few of the products I use.

I have alot more protein conditioners, cause my hair loves protein rather than moisture.

But I don't rely on ORS Replenish Pak for my total protein for my hair..nor for my total moisture..I do love this stuff alot though...

ETA: Im a 4b, relaxed and use OCT on the scalp as well.

Last edited:

msa

A member here, sistaslick, has written an article on this very subject. The link is in her siggy I think.

gissellr78

Hi Ladies,
Whenever I shampoo, I DC (usually overnight but sometimes for an hour or two) with ORS Replenishing Pak. From reading threads I'm aware that it does contain some protein. I'm relaxed and looking for lots of length retention this year.

My question is: Is the protein in ORS enough to achieve longer, stronger, healthier hair? Or, in your opinion, should I be supplementing with a stronger protein product? I'm kind of scared. :perplexed

I should probably add that I'd ordering Ovation Cell Therapy next week.

Any advice on moisture-protein balance would be helpful. Thanks in advance lovelies! :grin:

IMO...no...I believe you need a hard protein at least once or twice a month (Nexxus emergencee) following by a moisturizing DC...It helps with my breakage a lot so i can retain more

LivingDoll

Honestly, I think it depends on your hair. Everyone's hair has different protein & moisture needs.
I think that ORS is more moisturizing than strengthening. That's how it felt on my hair. OCT will probably give you the dose of protein that you need.

I came back to say that figuring protein/moisture balance has been the most difficult thing for me to do since joining this board. It's been a year and I just figured it out!

Last edited: